The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sterling Gray (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f789/)
-   -   Playing On The Dragon (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f789/playing-dragon-545696/)

Siber Express 6/5/18 08:03 PM

Playing On The Dragon

1 Attachment(s)
Ready for another year of the Sterling Grey Dragon Slayer ;)

5.M0NSTER 6/5/18 08:06 PM

That is a good photo, I like it!

Neko- 6/6/18 03:55 AM

According to the Arrow against the flow :)

Nice picture there.

Siber Express 6/6/18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Neko- (Post 7030766)
According to the Arrow against the flow :)

Nice picture there.

Telling the Motorcycle not to hit me Neko :D

EF1 6/6/18 08:28 PM

The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one in your lane.

Rather B.Blown 6/6/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7030806)
The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one as a hood ornament.

Fixed. :D

EF1 6/6/18 08:52 PM

Thanks for the correction.

Siber Express 6/7/18 03:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am normally up there real early when it is me and the Bobcats or real late when only the local crazies are up there.
But on a side note Sunrise on Cherohala Skyway is nice :nice:
My 2010 and 2008 Mazda3

ZGrand 6/7/18 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7030806)
The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one in your lane.

Really? As a biker, I find it to be just the opposite. Been there many times on a bike and had cars approach me in my lane in a blind corner. Thankfully none have ever hit me, but I have several friends who have been hit — one was two bikes in front of me.

That said, I have had a few oncoming bikes in my lane, but they’ve been “pirates” on cruisers that had no business being there in the first place. The good riders on appropriate bikes prefer the challenge of running swiftly while always staying in your lane.

Siber Express 6/7/18 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ZGrand (Post 7030828)
Really? As a biker, I find it to be just the opposite. Been there many times on a bike and had cars approach me in my lane in a blind corner. Thankfully none have ever hit me, but I have several friends who have been hit — one was two bikes in front of me.

That said, I have had a few oncoming bikes in my lane, but they’ve been “pirates” on cruisers that had no business being there in the first place. The good riders on appropriate bikes prefer the challenge of running swiftly while always staying in your lane.

I see way to many cars on the wrong side, and normally when you see a bike on the wrong side it is an out of towner.
Bad enough that one of the and probably the fastest on 2 wheels up there sold his bike and bought a tuner.
Like I said I go up early or late. I also run quick on my side of the road, make like the other side is not even there :D

EF1 6/7/18 07:52 PM

We have had different experiences on the dragon. I have lived close for over 20 years and used to go up more often with a vette that i had. I stopped going after a couple of close calls with bikes racing each other. I have only had the Mustang up there a few times on weekends and have had close calls each time. I prefer to stay away unless I can get away mid week.

Rather B.Blown 6/8/18 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7030859)
We have had different experiences on the dragon. I have lived close for over 20 years and used to go up more often with a vette that i had. I stopped going after a couple of close calls with bikes racing each other. I have only had the Mustang up there a few times on weekends and have had close calls each time. I prefer to stay away unless I can get away mid week.

I like the Cherohala better anyway.

Siber Express 6/8/18 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown (Post 7030882)

Me 2, Dragon just happens to be the shortest way home 🤫

EF1 6/8/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown (Post 7030882)

I would often go up Cherohala and back on the dragon. The last time was a couple of years ago. I was coming back down 129 and was coming up on the road that connects the two through Joyce Kilmer. A vette pulled out right in front of me forcing a panic stop to avoid T-boning it. There was a bike behind me that wasn't paying attention. I was looking in my mirror as I stood on the brakes to see if I was going to get hit. The bike was late on the brakes and grabbed too much front. His rear wheel came up and he went over the handle bars landing on the pavement adjacent to my drivers side door. The out of town rider was busted up pretty bad and I was tied up a couple of hours waiting on an ambulance and NC state trooper. I felt bad for the guy, but was happy that my car wasn't touched. I have not been up there since.

shaneyusa 6/10/18 03:36 PM

Since I was unfamilar with the route I watched a YouTube video on the Tail of the Dragon. Looks like lots of driving fun... But seems like you are taking your life in you hands, literately. Never been to that part of the country. Video mention that navigation systems have truckers thinking they have found a quick short cut and it is causing major accidents since they can't navigate the tight turns. Sounds like they need to restrict use by truck traffic. Idiots with fast bikes and cars do not mix well with big wide turning 18 wheelers.

:chirp:

Siber Express 6/10/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa (Post 7030995)
Since I was unfamilar with the route I watched a YouTube video on the Tail of the Dragon. Looks like lots of driving fun... But seems like you are taking your life in you hands, literately. Never been to that part of the country. Video mention that navigation systems have truckers thinking they have found a quick short cut and it is causing major accidents since they can't navigate the tight turns. Sounds like they need to restrict use by truck traffic. Idiots with fast bikes and cars do not mix well with big wide turning 18 wheelers.

:chirp:

Actually the road is now closed to anything with a trailer over 30 feet on the North Carolina side.

killaz05 6/11/18 11:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love making a trip up to the Dragon. Usually go in October just when it is nice and cool.

shaneyusa 6/18/18 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by killaz05 (Post 7031034)
I love making a trip up to the Dragon. Usually go in October just when it is nice and cool.

Very nice shots! Sharp car! :nice:

JoshLSTV 6/20/18 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by killaz05 (Post 7031034)

Looks awesome man! What are you lowered on?