Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/12 | 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dball584
How would you rate the color match on that?
Honestly, if I hadn't taken it to the dealership myself I'd swear it came that way from the factory. Color match is 99% at worst! It looks great!
Old 4/12/12 | 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
same with the side scoops...or is that Ford?

If it is Ford were you able to get them without having to get the window loufers? Like in package #1
Yeah, they're from Ford. I couldn't find any online that were completely identical to the OEM parts. My dealership just ordered them (or most likely had them in their parts dept), painted them, and installed them for me. I didn't order the car with any accessory appearance packages, so I bought them on their own after the fact, no window louvers for me...
Old 4/12/12 | 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
Honestly, if I hadn't taken it to the dealership myself I'd swear it came that way from the factory. Color match is 99% at worst! It looks great!
Did you buy it pre painted from CJ or you had it painted at the dealer?
Old 4/12/12 | 08:51 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Looks great, love the GT500 wing, I did the same, pre-painted from CJPP, good quality, great price. Did your dealer do the install for you for free? My dealer installed my GT500 mufflers for free. Some dealers do install stuff like that if you bought the car from them. It's great customer service. Oh, and those leather Recaros...awesome.
Old 5/7/12 | 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not sure if anyone is following my thread, but I plan on using it to track the progress of the car. To date, I have the side scoops, 3d Carbon GT500 style spoiler, and Roush side splitters installed. My MGW shifter should be shipping this week, and I'm just waiting for Roush to release their grilles, fogs, and splitter for the '13. At first I didn't like the look, but I know for sure I want the grilles and splitter. Might just do the California Special fog lights and change out the bulbs to match the headlights...

I'll post more pics as I go.
Old 5/10/12 | 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ive been on hiatus for quite a while but now and then i would take a peek at the google image search for SGM 13 mustangs and your pics from this thread would show up. I must say your car is the closest thing i have to what i can expect upon delivery. 13 Glass roof guys are rare and to have the brembo rims as well as the SGM, well sir you car is now a wallpaper on my iPhone. I like what ur doin with her too. The GT500 wing is a nice touch. We got similar tastes mikey, well done man.
Old 5/10/12 | 04:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
13 Glass roof guys are rare
So are '11 ones.... and i happen to be one of them.
Old 5/10/12 | 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Ive been on hiatus for quite a while but now and then i would take a peek at the google image search for SGM 13 mustangs and your pics from this thread would show up. I must say your car is the closest thing i have to what i can expect upon delivery. 13 Glass roof guys are rare and to have the brembo rims as well as the SGM, well sir you car is now a wallpaper on my iPhone. I like what ur doin with her too. The GT500 wing is a nice touch. We got similar tastes mikey, well done man.
It's good to see you back on here, I have to admit I was a little disappointed when you stopped posting and seemingly decided to cancel your order... I had been paying attention to your posts because originally I thought you'd get your car first. Sucks it's taken so long for yours, but I promise you won't be disappointed!

That's pretty cool my car comes up in google searches and you're using it for your iPhone wallpaper!! Some other guy asked if he could use some of my pics on his facebook, kinda weird, but whatever. I can't wait to see your car and what you end up doing with it.

Take care!
Old 5/10/12 | 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here are some pics I took a couple weeks ago... Still no new pics with the side splitters, but my MGW came in today!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-003.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-004.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-005.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-006.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-007.jpg  

2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-008.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-009.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-010.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-011.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-012.jpg  

Old 5/12/12 | 11:07 AM

Thanks for posting! Close to the one I just ordered Thursday. Mine will have the Pedestal spoiler OTT racing stripe and Nickel Luster Wheels. I can't wait to see it. I've yet to see one exactly the same.
Old 5/14/12 | 09:51 AM

So whats the best way to go about getting a GT500 spoiler on a GT? does the GT500 spoiler use the same holes as the regular GT spoiler or is it best to order a spoiler delete?
Old 5/14/12 | 10:10 AM

Cool

Not sure if anyone is following my thread, but I plan on using it to track the progress of the car. To date, I have the side scoops, 3d Carbon GT500 style spoiler, and Roush side splitters installed. My MGW shifter should be shipping this week, and I'm just waiting for Roush to release their grilles, fogs, and splitter for the '13. At first I didn't like the look, but I know for sure I want the grilles and splitter. Might just do the California Special fog lights and change out the bulbs to match the headlights...

I'll post more pics as I go.

Been thinking about the CS fog lights on my wifes new (on-order) GT. Would love to have the fogs down by the road where they belong...and swap out the bulbs in the uppers to become driving lights.

Thoughts?
Old 5/14/12 | 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cowboy
So whats the best way to go about getting a GT500 spoiler on a GT? does the GT500 spoiler use the same holes as the regular GT spoiler or is it best to order a spoiler delete?
I ordered the spoiler delete, but in retrospect it would have been easier to order the factory GT spoiler because the GT500 spoiler uses the same holes. I ordered the 3d Carbon one through CJPonyParts pre-painted, and it looks great. Of course, you could get the Ford OEM GT500 spoiler through your dealer, but it's going to be more expensive, because they'll charge you to paint and install it.
Old 5/14/12 | 10:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MonsterCat
Been thinking about the CS fog lights on my wifes new (on-order) GT. Would love to have the fogs down by the road where they belong...and swap out the bulbs in the uppers to become driving lights.

Thoughts?
I'm actually considering getting the CS fog lights along with the Roush upper/lower grille and splitter. I'm not crazy about the Roush lower fogs, but the rest looks nice. I'm not sure that you can keep the upper grille mounted fogs and just use them as driving lights - I'm not sure that there's enough wiring for that, in order to keep them on separate switches... I think that's what you're trying to do, if you can that would be pretty neat. I'm just not a fan of 6 forward facing lights, and I'm pretty sure you can't have them all on at the same time, legally. Is that what you're trying to do?
Old 5/16/12 | 11:43 AM

Smile light layout.

I'm actually considering getting the CS fog lights along with the Roush upper/lower grille and splitter. I'm not crazy about the Roush lower fogs, but the rest looks nice. I'm not sure that you can keep the upper grille mounted fogs and just use them as driving lights - I'm not sure that there's enough wiring for that, in order to keep them on separate switches... I think that's what you're trying to do, if you can that would be pretty neat. I'm just not a fan of 6 forward facing lights, and I'm pretty sure you can't have them all on at the same time, legally. Is that what you're trying to do?
In concept if I could get them running the way I want...the upper (more central lights) would only optionally activate with the high beams, as driving lights should...the lower CS style fogs would only activate with low beams...thereby only having at most four forward facing lights possible at a time.

I think that would make it streat legal.

My Jag has six forward facing lamps....but only four can be active at a time, low+fog, or low+high. The same as what the rewiring would do in this case, though replacing the high's would be the driving lights.
Old 5/16/12 | 01:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm getting the Roush front fascia as soon as it is available. I contacted them and they were not 100% sure about the availability date. I love how the lower fogs look and think it will look great with the GHIG / black contrast!!
Old 5/16/12 | 01:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I'm getting the Roush front fascia as soon as it is available. I contacted them and they were not 100% sure about the availability date. I love how the lower fogs look and think it will look great with the GHIG / black contrast!!
It's funny you say that, cuz the fogs are the part I'm not crazy about lol... but they are growing on me. I emailed Roush late last week, and they said more body parts should become available middle of the month, so I'm hoping for any day now... Probably won't order anything until next month, I'm getting clear bra installed in the next couple weeks, and I need to buy a rim and tire for a spare
Old 5/16/12 | 04:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's funny you say that, cuz the fogs are the part I'm not crazy about lol... but they are growing on me. I emailed Roush late last week, and they said more body parts should become available middle of the month, so I'm hoping for any day now... Probably won't order anything until next month, I'm getting clear bra installed in the next couple weeks, and I need to buy a rim and tire for a spare
I was gonna get the clear bra right away but decided against it because I'll just be removing the front end anyways for the Roush front fascia.
Old 5/16/12 | 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pics with Roush side splitters installed

Here are a few shots with the new Roush side splitters installed...
Attached Thumbnails 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-005.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-006.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-007.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-008.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-009.jpg  

2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-010.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-011.jpg  
Old 5/16/12 | 07:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

few more
Attached Thumbnails 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-013.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-014.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-015.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-016.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mako-017.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!