Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/12, 09:24 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Looks great, it's gonna be a long week waiting to pick it up!!! Great color. Gotta see more pics, especially those Recaros...leather? If leather I may go green with envy. Also, If you knew you were going with GT500 rear wing by 3dCarbon, then you could have gotten the original stock spoiler, removed it, used the perfectly positioned stock four holes for your 3dCarbon wing (no drilling), and sold your stock spoiler on eBay, almost pays for the entire upgrade. How do I know all of this?...that's what I did!!! :-)
Old 4/6/12, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey
Thanks everyone!

It's my girlfriend's dad's birthday tomorrow so we'll be out of town until late Saturday night, and we both work or have class until next Friday. Trust me, if I could pick it up sooner I would!
wow painful wait
Old 4/6/12, 03:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks guys! I'm actually going to order the 3d carbon GT500 spoiler, but the spoiler delete look is a close second... I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures when I get it... this week is going to kill me!
don't do it! your 5.0 looks great without a wing...much cleaner looking...just look at that red wingy mustang next to yours...the wing ruins the beautiful clean rear lines!

congrats on the car btw...your one lucky guy.
Old 4/6/12, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Looks great, it's gonna be a long week waiting to pick it up!!! Great color. Gotta see more pics, especially those Recaros...leather? If leather I may go green with envy. Also, If you knew you were going with GT500 rear wing by 3dCarbon, then you could have gotten the original stock spoiler, removed it, used the perfectly positioned stock four holes for your 3dCarbon wing (no drilling), and sold your stock spoiler on eBay, almost pays for the entire upgrade. How do I know all of this?...that's what I did!!! :-)
I know, now I wish I would have done it that way. Originally I was going to have the dealer install the "real" GT500 spoiler until I realized how expensive it was!! I might just run it up to the dealer down the street from me and have them do it in the next couple weeks... But it might be fun to do it myself...
Old 4/6/12, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations, care looks excellent.

Aren't dealerships open 'till 8 or 9P? Just thinking it'd be nice if you could pick it up after work/class earlier next week.

Regarding the spoiler, here's some shots of how mine looked before and after.

crap, picture order got messed up and the last one is after I used the Forgestar simulator.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mustanggt7.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mustanggt9a.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-eatme1.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-mustanggt9b.jpg   2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-eatme2.jpg  

Attached Images  

Last edited by dafreeze; 4/6/12 at 06:41 AM.
Old 4/6/12, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dafreeze
Congratulations, care looks excellent.

Aren't dealerships open 'till 8 or 9P? Just thinking it'd be nice if you could pick it up after work/class earlier next week.

Regarding the spoiler, here's some shots of how mine looked before and after.

crap, picture order got messed up and the last one is after I used the Forgestar simulator.
Yeah, they're open late but I want to be able to give it a once-over in the sunlight and I'm 45 min away so I don't want to be pressed for time. Thanks for the pics... Did you do it yourself?
Old 4/6/12, 11:38 PM

Pics of my 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, and I love it, I think you will too. It really finishes the look of the back end, IMO. Great price, pre-painted (less than 1/2 price of Ford OEM). Very easy and simple straight forward install. And, like I said, I pulled of the original small rear wing, used the stock four holes, and sold the original on eBay.

Old 4/7/12, 02:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, they're open late but I want to be able to give it a once-over in the sunlight and I'm 45 min away so I don't want to be pressed for time. Thanks for the pics... Did you do it yourself?
I hear you. Welcome. Nope, purchased it as an accessory when I placed the car order. Local body shop painted and installed. Have since had the same guys paint and install the less than functional OE rear brake air cooling scoops...but I like 'em.
Old 4/7/12, 04:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

that color looks great with the brembo wheels!
Old 4/7/12, 09:24 AM
V6 Member

Looking good! I was torn between SG and DIB. Both look great!
Old 4/7/12, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
don't do it! your 5.0 looks great without a wing...much cleaner looking...just look at that red wingy mustang next to yours...the wing ruins the beautiful clean rear lines!

congrats on the car btw...your one lucky guy.
I'm another fan of the clean look.
Old 4/7/12, 09:33 PM

GT500 Wing...YES!! DO IT!! Oh, and we want lots of pics when you get the car, and pics of those recaros, too. Are they leather?
Old 4/8/12, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
GT500 Wing...YES!! DO IT!! Oh, and we want lots of pics when you get the car, and pics of those recaros, too. Are they leather?
Yes, they're leather... I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up on Wednesday night, and then get the spoiler on Saturday. I'll post as many pics as I can. I'm getting excited!
Old 4/8/12, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Yes, they're leather... I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up on Wednesday night, and then get the spoiler on Saturday. I'll post as many pics as I can. I'm getting excited!
please do! i need something to hold me over until friday to get mine lol
Old 4/8/12, 10:23 PM

Leather Recaros...AWESOME Michael! Mike, you too?
Old 4/10/12, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I know a couple of you are looking for some more pics of the car... Good news, I'm going to the dealership tonight to take them my 3d Carbon GT500 spoiler so they can put it on tomorrow before I pick it up... I'll take some pics tonight!
Old 4/10/12, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a couple of you are looking for some more pics of the car... Good news, I'm going to the dealership tonight to take them my 3d Carbon GT500 spoiler so they can put it on tomorrow before I pick it up... I'll take some pics tonight!
Great. Will love to see it with the spoiler. One mod i will be looking to get.
What else do you plan on doing?
Old 4/10/12, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Here is a crappy blackberry pic of your car. It is awesome in person!! That color and those seats are really nice, i almost want to rethink the Deep impact blue and get the leather recaros. Also spoiler delete looks pretty darn good( i never thought i would say that). It was just shimmering and shinning in the sun. My wife thinks it looks like a shark, Beautiful
Attached Thumbnails 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!-copy-img00181-20120410-1123.jpg  

Last edited by erouch; 4/10/12 at 03:59 PM.
Old 4/10/12, 04:49 PM

Fantastic!
Old 4/10/12, 06:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by erouch
Here is a crappy blackberry pic of your car. It is awesome in person!! That color and those seats are really nice, i almost want to rethink the Deep impact blue and get the leather recaros. Also spoiler delete looks pretty darn good( i never thought i would say that). It was just shimmering and shinning in the sun. My wife thinks it looks like a shark, Beautiful
Awesome! Thanks for posting that pic - that is EXACTLY what my car will look like! Speaking of which...build date is next week...why isn't my window sticker up yet??? Delay? D-OH!

Quick Reply: 2013 SGM GT Premium delivered yesterday!