Notices
Red Candy Red Candy 2010+ Mustangs

Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/12, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?

I was hoping to trade my 2010 black GT for a 2013 GT in Race Red. But I saw some photos of a 2013 Red Candy that looked awesome. Now I don't know what I would want.

Are there any 2013 GTs photos with a Red Candy and Race Red side by side in the sun? Is the Red Candy a metalic paint? I assume it is more "glossy" than Race Red? At least it looks like that in the photos. Thanks for your help.

Joe C
Old 6/1/12, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red candy is a metallic and think its just the opposite race red looks glossy over candy
Old 6/1/12, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

In these photos the candy looks glossy to me but I wish I could compare the two side by side...

https://themustangsource.com/f726/ne...y-home-509553/
Old 6/1/12, 01:06 PM
Banned

IMO the candy looks 1000% better than race. I would never own race.
Old 6/1/12, 01:22 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/f650/ne...-howdy-509547/.......
Old 6/1/12, 03:41 PM
GT Member

Jocatch,

I looked at them side-by-side before choosing, albeit on V6 cars since I had to order mine, and I see Hoss429 has done the kindness of putting up a link to my Race Red car, just delivered 6 days ago. I chose Race Red because in the end, it just looked a little better to me. I was back and forth for days. Honestly, my '05 was Torch Red, and I liked that better than race Red or Candy.

Good luck!
Old 6/1/12, 04:24 PM
GT Member

I own a 2012 Race Red and love the color. Didn't like the metallic red. The Race Red looks like a true high performance sport car red, but it's bold. And it turns heads. I've always owned red sports cars-- Corvettes, RX7's, and others -- and this is as nice of a red as I've had. Just my opinion.
Old 6/1/12, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MarkAmerica
Jocatch,

I looked at them side-by-side before choosing, albeit on V6 cars since I had to order mine, and I see Hoss429 has done the kindness of putting up a link to my Race Red car, just delivered 6 days ago. I chose Race Red because in the end, it just looked a little better to me. I was back and forth for days. Honestly, my '05 was Torch Red, and I liked that better than race Red or Candy.

Good luck!
Thanks Mark. I always thought Red Candy was a little too dark but I am not sure now. Your car does look great and has the spoiler that I would get. I also want the over the top black stripe which may go better with the Race Red than the Red Candy. Maybe I'll do a dealer inventory search looking for both colors nearby so I can see them in real life.

Joe
Old 6/1/12, 04:58 PM
GT Member

Joe, I went back and forth on it. I decided that if I went with Candy Red, I was going to put some stripes on it, but rather than black, I thought something like a smoke grey stripe, or something in a metallic along those lines. That was how I could imagine it being perfect. (For my tastes)
Old 6/1/12, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DrDisney
I own a 2012 Race Red and love the color. Didn't like the metallic red. The Race Red looks like a true high performance sport car red, but it's bold. And it turns heads. I've always owned red sports cars-- Corvettes, RX7's, and others -- and this is as nice of a red as I've had. Just my opinion.
I also have had a red car for ever. Here is a photo of my 78 Z28 I bought brand new next to my 2010 GT. When new it was a great fire engine red color. Now I am trying to sell the Z to buy the 2013 GT.

Joe C.
Attached Images  
Old 6/4/12, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Cndy changes depending on the light, i also though it was too dark when first i saw it at the dealer but not any more. it changes all the time. took this pic in my garage..
and the other right before sunset
Attached Thumbnails Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?-p1070069.jpg   Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?-p1070139.jpg  

Last edited by cinque35; 6/4/12 at 08:01 PM.
Old 6/4/12, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cinque35
Red Cndy changes depending on the light, i also though it was too dark when first i saw it at the dealer but not any more. it changes all the time.. if i didn't take this pic myself i'ld think it was race red
Yeah, it looks purple sometimes.
Old 6/5/12, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MarkAmerica
Joe, I went back and forth on it. I decided that if I went with Candy Red, I was going to put some stripes on it, but rather than black, I thought something like a smoke grey stripe, or something in a metallic along those lines. That was how I could imagine it being perfect. (For my tastes)
^^^ THIS ^^^ if you go Red Candy
Old 6/9/12, 07:30 AM

I love them both. I chose the candy because I thought it looked a bit more subdued and classy, as opposed to "in your face" race car red. Just my own personal taste at this time in my life!

I like the stripe idea and agree on smoke grey. I think ghost stripes would be really great looking.
Old 6/9/12, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey, guys! I ordered my car! I decided to get Race Red because like it was said above, it IS more in your face red, not as suddle as the Candy. Both look great but I went with the Race Red and the black stripe. I sold my 1978 Z28 and got a great trade-in with Jeff here so I couldn't refuse the deal! 8-) ETA end of July I think. I am waiting for my order #. If anyone is thinking about a car and live in PA, NJ or NY, I would give Jeff a call.

Joe C
Old 6/14/12, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jocatch
Hey, guys! I ordered my car! I decided to get Race Red because like it was said above, it IS more in your face red, not as suddle as the Candy. Both look great but I went with the Race Red and the black stripe. I sold my 1978 Z28 and got a great trade-in with Jeff here so I couldn't refuse the deal! 8-) ETA end of July I think. I am waiting for my order #. If anyone is thinking about a car and live in PA, NJ or NY, I would give Jeff a call.

Joe C
That's great, can't wait to see it!

Hey, it must've been tough letting go of your Z, having had it for so, so long. Must've been like a child to you.

Jeff's a great guy, he was really helpful to me even though I decided on getting a 2012 elsewhere instead of a '13.
Old 6/14/12, 07:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UpTheCreek
That's great, can't wait to see it!

Hey, it must've been tough letting go of your Z, having had it for so, so long. Must've been like a child to you.

Jeff's a great guy, he was really helpful to me even though I decided on getting a 2012 elsewhere instead of a '13.
Yes, selling the Z28 was hard but it was for its own good. It was adopted by a guy who will be able to care for it and restore it. He will be able to provide all the good things a parent should. 8-)

I sold it in 3 days which is an answer to prayer. I asked the Lord to bring a seller who would pay what I was asking and to get a good deal in a trade on the 2010 and to get that $750 coupon in the mail from Ford. I got all three! PTL!

Joe C
Old 6/14/12, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Either one is very nice but my vote would be for race red
Old 6/14/12, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
for what its worth, here is a pict of my previous GT/CS in race red next to my 03 GT in redfire...granted the red candy is more "pop" than this but similar to the red metallic. depends on what your looking for. only diff i see is that the red candy does not turn "purplish" in low light. race red has a "orange" hue to it in direct sunlight. either color for me is great since im a red freak. (yes opted for the orange boss instead of red but orange was an exclusive color)
if the boss was offered in the red candy i would have been all over it no questions asked.
hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?-redfire-racered.jpg  
Old 6/14/12, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
for what its worth, here is a pict of my previous GT/CS in race red next to my 03 GT in redfire...granted the red candy is more "pop" than this but similar to the red metallic. depends on what your looking for. only diff i see is that the red candy does not turn "purplish" in low light. race red has a "orange" hue to it in direct sunlight. either color for me is great since im a red freak. (yes opted for the orange boss instead of red but orange was an exclusive color)
if the boss was offered in the red candy i would have been all over it no questions asked.
hope this helps
Thanks for the great photo. To be sure, both colors are very nice. And both colors would make a great car. What color one picks depends on the type of car, what effect you are going after, other cosmetic stuff like stripes, past history with that color, etc. It is a tough choice but there is no wrong color!

Joe C.

Quick Reply: Race Red vs Red Candy - Any photos?