Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New to TMS, New Car, Howdy!

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/12, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb New to TMS, New Car, Howdy!

Hi! I've just taken delivery of a 2013 Mustang GT in Race Red, Glass Roof, Track Package, GT Appearance Package 5, Brick Red interior, also added the Laguna Seca wheels in Red from 2011. You can check my photo album for pics. I traded in my 2005 GT in Torch Red, also the Red interior, otherwise pretty much stock. Purchased my first Mustang GT in 1989 in Germany, have owned '79 (302,) '88 LX, '89 GT, '05 GT, '05 V6, now the 2013 GT, and three days after I took delivery of mine, the wife doubled down and bought a base model in Deep Impact Blue. My daughter drives a '12 in silver, her husband a '12 in Kona blue. Looks like we're a Mustang family.

Anyway, nice to see other Mustang enthusiasts!
Attached Thumbnails New to TMS, New Car, Howdy!-2013_gt_18_miles05262012.jpg  

Last edited by MarkAmerica; 6/1/12 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Add Info
Old 6/1/12, 09:24 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sweet ride love the wheels,
Welcome from Texas.
Old 6/1/12, 09:28 AM
GT Member

Thanks Silver Scoundrel! I liked Texas so well that when I got out of the Army two decades ago, I decided to stay. As is said often, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here a quick as I could."
Old 6/1/12, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome to TMS, nice ride..
Old 6/1/12, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Welcome. Nice mustang! Like the wheels definitely makes It stand out from the rest
Old 6/1/12, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Thanks Alibi! Quite a nifty set of wheels you have, I see.
Old 6/1/12, 01:06 PM
GT Member

Jrpalmer,

Thanks! I ordered the car, and while the Track Package Wheels are nice, I had seen these on a Leguna Seca somewhere in my travels, and so I went over to the Ford Customizer site, and used a Shelby (they don't have the 13s up yet) and flipped through, and sure enough, they had these wheels. I looked at it and looked at it, and my wife said "That's too much red." I looked at it some more, and finally decided it was just the right amount of red, and I went and found a set and bought appropriate rubber, had the dealer install them when the car came in, while they were doing my tint anyway... And one guy, putting them on said "man, that's a lot of red." Another fellow walking through looked at the car, whistled and having overheard the other fellow's remark said, "Yep, a lot of red. Just the right amount."

(Can't have too much red, right? LOL)

Truth be told, there are so many red ones around, one has to do something to set oneself apart. Thus the glass roof, the wheels, etc. I like it.

Again, thanks!
Thanks.

Last edited by MarkAmerica; 6/1/12 at 01:24 PM. Reason: add link
Old 6/1/12, 01:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I wouldn't leave Texas for the world lol
Old 6/1/12, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
I wouldn't leave Texas for the world lol
Hahahahaha you're right about Texas being from another world.
Old 6/1/12, 01:22 PM
GT Member

11Shelby, I've been around much of the world, and I'm with SS on this one. No place I'd rather be, and yes, it's a whole other world.
Old 6/1/12, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkAmerica
11Shelby, I've been around much of the world, and I'm with SS on this one. No place I'd rather be, and yes, it's a whole other world.
Is there anything fun to do in Texas?
Old 6/1/12, 01:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Is there anything fun to do in Texas?
Define "fun." If you like work, Texas is better than most. If you like long stretches of decent roadway, Texas has quite a few. If you like to keep and bear firearms without some government type breathing down your neck, it's a fun place. If you like horses, cattle, technology, and petroleum, it's a really fun place. We also have really nice people, generally speaking.

I have horses, love a good steak, happily consume petroleum products, enjoy my firearms, and work in technology. I'm happy, but after all, this place is only a half-step from heaven.
Old 6/1/12, 01:53 PM
Banned

Define "fun." If you like work, Texas is better than most. If you like long stretches of decent roadway, Texas has quite a few. If you like to keep and bear firearms without some government type breathing down your neck, it's a fun place. If you like horses, cattle, technology, and petroleum, it's a really fun place. We also have really nice people, generally speaking.

I have horses, love a good steak, happily consume petroleum products, enjoy my firearms, and work in technology. I'm happy, but after all, this place is only a half-step from heaven.
lol the only thing I liked on your list is the steak and I can get that here. I'm surprised you didn't have the daily executions on your list. lol
Old 6/1/12, 01:58 PM
GT Member

If it were up to me, we'd ramp up the executions to hourly. I'm tired of footing the bill for people to spend multiple life sentences in prison.
Old 6/1/12, 02:01 PM
Banned

If it were up to me, we'd ramp up the executions to hourly. I'm tired of footing the bill for people to spend multiple life sentences in prison.
I do agree with Texas on that, but it would be F'd up to execute an innocent person, which has happened.
Old 6/1/12, 02:05 PM
GT Member

I'm sure it probably has. The problem is, nothing is 100%, but for the 99.999999999% of the rest, I have no sympathy.

Besides also on my list was "work." I like work. Work is good for the soul and helps pay for Mustangs and parts...
Old 6/1/12, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome, this place rocks.....except for negative nancy there. Good luck. Love your car.
Old 6/1/12, 02:29 PM
GT Member

Thanks ManInABox!

Hope you get your Boss. Saw one up at Grapevine when we picked up my wife's car in Schoolbus Yellow, Laguna Seca, etc. Lots to like. I'd send you a donation, but I knew I could afford to buy a Boss, besides, I wanted the glass roof. Otherwise, I'm building a Boss. One step at a time...Thus the inability to contribute to yours.

But I will be pulling for you! Thanks!
Old 6/1/12, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks ManInABox!

Hope you get your Boss. Saw one up at Grapevine when we picked up my wife's car in Schoolbus Yellow, Laguna Seca, etc. Lots to like. I'd send you a donation, but I knew I could afford to buy a Boss, besides, I wanted the glass roof. Otherwise, I'm building a Boss. One step at a time...Thus the inability to contribute to yours.

But I will be pulling for you! Thanks!

Well Thanks right back at ya hahaa You should take a picture from inside your car facing your glass roof. Would love to see what that looks like.
Old 6/1/12, 02:47 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Silver Scoundrel! I liked Texas so well that when I got out of the Army two decades ago, I decided to stay. As is said often, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here a quick as I could."
That's right

Welcome from Houston!

Quick Reply: New to TMS, New Car, Howdy!