Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Love CG Blacklight on Kona paint...

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/12, 11:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Love CG Blacklight on Kona paint...

After trying many other new products on Kona, I always come back to CG Blacklight hybrid glaze... it's by far, the best on Kona.

So after giving her a good ONR wash last night, I tried Blackfire sealant. After wiping off, I let it cure overnight for 24hrs (not necessary, but 8 hrs is sufficient). I pulled it out into the waning sun today, and wasn't too impressed. It was slick for sure, but it didn't have much depth to it...unlike other sealants like jetseal or wolfgang deepgloss, etc. So anyways, I was disappointed.

To help ease my sorrow, I then proceeded to cover her in blacklight instead. I wish I took pics of it after blackfire... but it did NOT look like these pics below...it was lifeless.

Here's some pics after blacklight (forgive the lack of a good background, but these were just quick pics, no hdr) I love blacklight. I might top it off with 50/50 tomorrow or souveran, to get ready for a car meet and cruise.

Did I mention I love Kona??? god.... there's just something about this paint color that makes me all weak in the knees. Those of you who haven't tried Blacklight yet, get it. One of the best products out there.

Old 3/24/12, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good....How does the blacklight glaze go on and off? One thing I love about Blackfire Wet Diamond is the ease or removal.
Old 3/24/12, 07:37 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im in love!
Old 3/24/12, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You missed a spot...

J/k. She looks **** good! I'm just a little disappointed though, if you're not happy with Blackfire, makes me wonder what I'm missing with these other products you use. I thought Blackfire was great on Kona, but after seeing all your pics just now, non hdr, I can really see a difference. I'm off to autogeek right now!

Edit: can I blame you when I get in trouble for spending more $$ on my car?

Edit, edit: Have you tried any of CG's spray detailers, in particular the anti-static one?

Last edited by Hytek; 3/24/12 at 08:25 AM.
Old 3/24/12, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hytek
You missed a spot...

J/k. She looks **** good! I'm just a little disappointed though, if you're not happy with Blackfire, makes me wonder what I'm missing with these other products you use. I thought Blackfire was great on Kona, but after seeing all your pics just now, non hdr, I can really see a difference. I'm off to autogeek right now!

Old 3/24/12, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks too good to be true. NICE!
Old 3/24/12, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

My god that car is beautiful. Makes me soo excited for Emma's good polishing this summer every time I see that shine on your car.
Old 3/24/12, 09:19 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Car looks great! I still like the black fire. Kona sure turns heads. I just wished i could keep it clean bugs, pollen etc is really bad right now.
Old 8/19/12, 09:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow.. sorry guys, I missed out on these posts. I will try to address now.

Originally Posted by black sunshine
Looks good....How does the blacklight glaze go on and off? One thing I love about Blackfire Wet Diamond is the ease or removal.
thanks man. Blacklight goes on like butter. I apply it via PC, blue CCS pad, speed 3, very light pressure. 15 mins, wipe off. Coat with V7 8 hours after. Voila.

Originally Posted by CCTking
Im in love!
thanks man.

Originally Posted by Hytek
You missed a spot...

Edit, edit: Have you tried any of CG's spray detailers, in particular the anti-static one?
John, so sorry I never responded to this. Thanks for the kind words bro. Yeah blackfire is just "ok". I have relegated it for use on my silver TSX (along with jetseal) and also for use on Clearbra material. Sealants for Marilyn are now limited to UPP, Jetseal, WGDGPS, and Blacklight. And to answer your two edits, yes you can blame me. Did you end up buying more stuff at AG? And no, I have not tried their anti static detailers. Did you get some?

Originally Posted by mustangmaniak2010
That looks too good to be true. NICE!
thank you sir.

Originally Posted by flySWA737
My god that car is beautiful. Makes me soo excited for Emma's good polishing this summer every time I see that shine on your car.
fly, sorry I missed this post. Did you end up polishing her? How did it turn out?

Originally Posted by JP Ford
Car looks great! I still like the black fire. Kona sure turns heads. I just wished i could keep it clean bugs, pollen etc is really bad right now.
Thanks JP.

Here's some updated pics from today. She has one coat of Blacklight on her, after a good wash with CG Honeydew, dried with FK425. V7 goes on tomorrow.

Pics are non hdr, regular photos, in sunlight.

Name:  black1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  155.1 KB

Name:  black2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:  black3.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  black4a.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  146.9 KB