Notices
Grabber Blue Grabber Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Warning

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/11, 05:22 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikki
The comments started on the first page. I don't know maybe im a short tempered Italian but some were def to me
Must be a Jersey thing
Old 1/17/11, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The comments started on the first page. I don't know maybe im a short tempered Italian but some were def to me
Ah gotcha.

I thought you were referring to my "hygiene" comment, which wasn't dorected at you.
Old 1/17/11, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Nikki, don't let them get to you, I will tell you a little something, I have been on Automotive sites for 8 years, and I am a moderator on on more than 1.
You have a lot of different types of people on them. Some are constructive and others you might take as being destructive, but all are here for the same thing, the love of their cars and the ability to get information about them.
You just posted a Warning up about a product that some would have used, so even in the short time you have been on the site you have helped.
Welcome to TMS, enjoy your Stay
Old 1/17/11, 08:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It seems the comments only came from one person, and almost everyone else came to your defense. Yu shouldn't let one get to to you. There's a lot of great people here. It's just that some of them are wanna be moderators, when they are actually just rude members.

We are here to help. And this is just about the nicest mustang forum you'll ever find. No one ever gets flames here. And hardly ever does anyone get the "use the search function" that they say on all the other forums.
Old 1/18/11, 05:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It seems the comments only came from one person, and almost everyone else came to your defense. Yu shouldn't let one get to to you. There's a lot of great people here. It's just that some of them are wanna be moderators, when they are actually just rude members.

We are here to help. And this is just about the nicest mustang forum you'll ever find. No one ever gets flames here. And hardly ever does anyone get the "use the search function" that they say on all the other forums.
I hear ya this is very true there are great people on here. I wont judge by the nasty comments from a couple people it was just frustrating. ; )
Old 1/18/11, 05:43 AM
Cobra Member

same thing happened to me with one of those tree air fresheners on my mazda 6. It ate right through down to the plastic. Can't really fix it for a good price so I have to deal with it.
Old 1/18/11, 05:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
maybe im a short tempered Italian
ohhhhh pics please??
Old 1/18/11, 06:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
omg!? snookie? lmao
Old 1/18/11, 06:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
same thing happened to me with one of those tree air fresheners on my mazda 6. It ate right through down to the plastic. Can't really fix it for a good price so I have to deal with it.
The "problem" is that most of these air fresheners use an oil-based solvent to carry the fragrance; if it were were water-based it would just dry out in a day.

Unfortunately, the finish in your car is also "oil-based".
Old 1/18/11, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
omg!? snookie? lmao
Snookie doesn't count she's not even Italian lol. She just pretends to be I forget what she actually is!
Old 1/18/11, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg!? snookie? lmao
Snooki is actually from New York. I think there is only one person from NJ on the whole Jersey Shore program. All of the rest are from New York and Rhode Island...
Old 1/18/11, 08:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Yea I pretty much hate that whole show and think it's just a glorified jerry springer lmao.
I'm from NY originally, live in jersey now, nowhere near people like that haha
Old 1/18/11, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Yea I pretty much hate that whole show and think it's just a glorified jerry springer lmao.
I'm from NY originally, live in jersey now, nowhere near people like that haha
I think the show is hilarious. My family hates it. Were Italian and I don't think it makes us look bad. Although I know if I had done stuff like that growing up I'd get my butt kicked. I lived in a house with 5 generations of sicilian women. Dent get away with much not that I didn't try sorry nan!!!
Old 1/18/11, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I think the show is hilarious. My family hates it. Were Italian and I don't think it makes us look bad. Although I know if I had done stuff like that growing up I'd get my butt kicked. I lived in a house with 5 generations of sicilian women. Dent get away with much not that I didn't try sorry nan!!!
Oops meant didn't not dent !!!
Old 1/18/11, 08:57 AM
Cobra R Member

just edit the firt post fugheddaboutit :P
Old 1/18/11, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nikki...here is a link to a video on You Tube (JLT Performance). It will show you how easy it is to remove the center console, and replace it. They, of course, are showing you how to install their part, but it will apply to the Ford replacement part also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-cu5efYlUw

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help from the members on the forum. There is a lot of good information on here.

Good luck!
Old 1/18/11, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Nikki...here is a link to a video on You Tube (JLT Performance). It will show you how easy it is to remove the center console, and replace it. They, of course, are showing you how to install their part, but it will apply to the Ford replacement part also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-cu5efYlUw

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help from the members on the forum. There is a lot of good information on here.

Good luck!
Thanks for the link hopefully Yankee will cover the cost if not I may have to figure it out on my own or pay myself I won't leave it that way for sure. They emailed me and asked for pics the product and a estimate so I'm hoping they'll take care it. I'll be sending everything certified mail so they don't just happen to loose it
Old 1/18/11, 09:48 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Thanks for the link hopefully Yankee will cover the cost if not I may have to figure it out on my own or pay myself I won't leave it that way for sure. They emailed me and asked for pics the product and a estimate so I'm hoping they'll take care it. I'll be sending everything certified mail so they don't just happen to loose it
Good idea. Hopefully their customer service makes up for their product design failure
Old 1/18/11, 09:53 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome nikki!

I love yankee stuff! I have tons of the stuff for my house(wax tarts). I am sure everything will work out fine.

odd question time does the hole in the dash smell nice? or kinda like burnt cleaning products?

just ignore that one guy.. the not so great greeting was just one guy(like normal)

have you talked with your insurance company??
Old 1/18/11, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on the insurance company comment - I recently had a mouse residing in the engine bay of my Honda Pilot and chewed some wires - yeah, I know, I didn't believe the service guy either. Anyway, my car insurance covered it, so it only cost me the $250 deductable.

Alternative...faux-carbon fiber trim to replace the OEM, or other designer part of your choice. Looks like about $135 for the whole kit and it sticks on.

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/sup...0-mustang.html
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Warning