Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by magnido45
dmichaels...more info on those Enkei PF01's please:
1. wheel size
2. offset
3. tire size

thanks.
Enkie PF01s, 9.5x18 with 35mm offest, 20.65 lbs

I am currently using 275/35/18 BFG R1 tires on them. Could probably put on up to a 295 tire, but 275-285 is ideal.

They are nice and light and seem to do well at the track. Far lighter than OEM
Old 1/6/15, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Enkie PF01s, 9.5x18 with 35mm offest, 20.65 lbs

I am currently using 275/35/18 BFG R1 tires on them. Could probably put on up to a 295 tire, but 275-285 is ideal.

They are nice and light and seem to do well at the track. Far lighter than OEM
Awesome...Thank you, Sir!!!
Old 2/7/15, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Roll bar shipped out, picking up tomorrow, and also got my new helmet which is full face and HANS prepped.

First 6-pt harness showed up too!

Roll bar (picture by Watson - many more pics coming when I install mine):

New helmet:

6-pt harness (non-HANS for passenger side)
Old 2/10/15, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Wow, your Stang is turning into a real track monster! Are you planning on driving it on the street with the roll cage in? We have a rule at work that if you drive a vehicle with a roll cage you HAVE to wear your helmet. It looks funny on the street at times.

Quick question. You have Koni STR.Ts, right? Those are not adjustable if I remember right. How do you like them so far? Is the damping good enough on road courses? I've got my list of mods for this year, and starting to plan what I want to do next year. Springs and shocks/struts at the least. I'm trying to decide between adjustable/non adjustable setup. In terms of springs I'm thinking either Steeda Sports or FRPP P springs. I still plan to drive my car daily so I don't want to go lower than ~1"
Old 2/10/15, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
This is somewhat pertinent to your questions^...

Today I softened up my Koni Yellows a quarter turn, both front and rear and holy hell! I am running the Steeda Boss 302 springs and thought all along that they were too stiff for a daily driver, but I thought I barely had the Koni's up from full-soft. Apparently I was wrong. I had them about half a turn from full-soft and now they're a quarter turn from full-soft, which is a LOT better. The ride is still firm, but it's much more tolerable now. I was ready to bite the bullet and get coilovers, so I could adjust a lot more, but I know I can hold off for now. I encourage those with Koni Yellows to try all different settings before rendering a final verdict. I was in love with the Konis and was bad mouthing the Steeda Boss 302 springs (for daily driver use, on my favorite twisty road my previous settings were amazing!), and here I was not realizing I had a lot more adjustment to experiment with!
Old 2/10/15, 06:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Glad you were able to make the adjustment & rediscover the benefits of the Steeda springs!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/10/15, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Glad you were able to make the adjustment & rediscover the benefits of the Steeda springs! Best Regards, TJ
Never doubted Steeda, was just wishing I went with the Sports for my daily driver that *may* see a track once in its life, if I'm so lucky....
Old 2/10/15, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Today I softened up my Koni Yellows a quarter turn, both front and rear and holy hell! I am running the Steeda Boss 302 springs and thought all along that they were too stiff for a daily driver, but I thought I barely had the Koni's up from full-soft. Apparently I was wrong. I had them about half a turn from full-soft and now they're a quarter turn from full-soft, which is a LOT better. The ride is still firm, but it's much more tolerable now. I was ready to bite the bullet and get coilovers, so I could adjust a lot more, but I know I can hold off for now. I encourage those with Koni Yellows to try all different settings before rendering a final verdict. I was in love with the Konis and was bad mouthing the Steeda Boss 302 springs (for daily driver use, on my favorite twisty road my previous settings were amazing!), and here I was not realizing I had a lot more adjustment to experiment with!
How hard is it to adjust the shocks and struts?
Old 2/10/15, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 2/10/15, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Not very lol they provide a little **** that fits the top of the strut or shock tower (tool specific to each), and counterclockwise = softer, clockwise = firmer.
Old 2/11/15, 05:45 AM
Banned

Nice! Yeah, I noticed you were using Boss springs on a Track Pack GT. How is the figment and how much did it lower your car? For some reason I assumed those were only recommended for Boss cars.

TJ, perhaps you can comment?

So the ride is better now that you turned them 1/4 from full soft? Have you tried full soft? Have you tried full firm? Sorry, lots of questions, hahaha. Thanks!

I may consider going this route as well.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 2/11/15 at 06:01 AM.
Old 2/11/15, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Nice! Yeah, I noticed you were using Boss springs on a Track Pack GT. How is the figment and how much did it lower your car? For some reason I assumed those were only recommended for Boss cars. TJ, perhaps you can comment? So the ride is better now that you turned them 1/4 from full soft? Have you tried full soft? Have you tried full firm? Sorry, lots of questions, hahaha. Thanks! I may consider going this route as well.
I haven't gone full firm yet, but I did turn them about 3/4 to full firm - on our crappy roads, it was unbearable haha. I could imagine a smooth track being amazing though!

I have not gone full soft yet. I may try it this weekend and let you know.

As far as the springs, they lowered the car about 1.2" in front and 1.7" in rear - I wish the front was lower though. I'm going to ask TJ what my options are to bring the front down a little more (most likely only going to be new springs or coilovers).
Old 2/11/15, 09:17 AM
Banned

Whoa, that's way more of a drop I expected! So Boss must be sitting way lower than GT in a first place Patrick, do you have a thread a thread where you discuss Boss springs and usage? I hate to hijack Dmichael's thread to ask my questions
Old 2/11/15, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Whoa, that's way more of a drop I expected! So Boss must be sitting way lower than GT in a first place Patrick, do you have a thread a thread where you discuss Boss springs and usage? I hate to hijack Dmichael's thread to ask my questions
I don't, sorry! I have a build thread but never update it. I'll post some more info there when I get a chance. I think the front was more like 1" now that I think about it. I just know the rear came down a lot more, to the point where it almost looks lower than the front and it's squatting.
Old 2/15/15, 04:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wow, your Stang is turning into a real track monster! Are you planning on driving it on the street with the roll cage in? We have a rule at work that if you drive a vehicle with a roll cage you HAVE to wear your helmet. It looks funny on the street at times.

Quick question. You have Koni STR.Ts, right? Those are not adjustable if I remember right. How do you like them so far? Is the damping good enough on road courses? I've got my list of mods for this year, and starting to plan what I want to do next year. Springs and shocks/struts at the least. I'm trying to decide between adjustable/non adjustable setup. In terms of springs I'm thinking either Steeda Sports or FRPP P springs. I still plan to drive my car daily so I don't want to go lower than ~1"
Working on the race car And yes, will be driving it on the road with the roll bar in. I'll probably use the OEM seat belts for street driving, since I won't be using my helmet and HANS for street driving! Although I would consider it... believe it's actually illegal to drive with a full face helmet on here though. Anyways, project race car is under way as the budget allows! Gotta get my track time in before I give into the wife's desire to have a kid... but that might give me a good excuse to drop the registration on the car and "save money" by not insuring and not registering. Full race car

Responded to your other thread on suspension stuff
Old 4/3/15, 05:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Got my Watson 4-point roll bar installed today. About 4.5 hours install time, plus a little more to get my rear seat delete adjusted tomorrow to accomodate the rear bars. Looks really good, and if I had to do it again, I'd only make a few adjustments.

Harnesses have started going in as well, just need a bit more hardware. Getting very ready for the track season!!

Bolts put in order for re-install of the gussets (different lengths)

Clearance hole for nut plate

Gusset with nut plates installed

Bar is in!!

Old 4/3/15, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So has the wife figured out it's a race car yet?
Old 4/3/15, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So has the wife figured out it's a race car yet?
Old 4/8/15, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the roll bars in the car, keep it up the great work!
Old 4/9/15, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by STABB3D BY GiRL
Love the roll bars in the car, keep it up the great work!
Thanks! Couple more pictures below and will have some more this weekend when I take it out and finally wash...

Quick Reply: DMichaels Build Thread