Tony Stewart Driving a Camry?

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/07, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NP. Can you post a pic?

Stryker
Old 9/6/07, 02:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
ehh...not really the place....but myabe just this once....
Old 9/6/07, 07:06 PM

Now that is one nice ride! Be proud. Do you keep the Mustang in the corral?? Sorry, couldn't help it.

Thanks for posting it,
Stryker
Old 9/7/07, 04:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
Except Montoya is 10 years older than Busch and he already drove in Cart, Indy and Formula 1. There is no excuse for his driving.
The only wreck he 'caused' that was controversial was one that happened after he was pushed into Harvick by someone else
Old 9/7/07, 04:12 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Montoya admitted he's slow after restarts.

So why would he try to pass after restart at Watkins Glen? Slower driver should always move when faster driver is there. Montoya did completely opposite and that's why he was pushed into Harvick.
Old 9/7/07, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

I watched it and didn't think anything was atypical of any Nascar race. Kyle Bush cost Kenseth 4 wins last year by driving like the idiot he is.
Old 9/7/07, 04:31 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Yeah, I don't like Busch brothers either.

Kenseth (who is, by the way, my favorite driver) should've won championship last year. Kurt Busch bumped him once for win, Jeff Gordon did too at Chicago I think. And there was that one race during the Chase when he run out of gas after leading most of the race. Jimmy Johnson didn't deserve the championship last season.
Old 9/7/07, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well I think JJ and the entire 48 time does some of the smartest racing week after week whether its car setup and changes durring the race, pit strategy or just staying out of trouble in general. I'm not a big fan of Johnson in particular, but they pretty much run races as close to perfect for any given situation. I have never seen another team get in the top 5 so many times when coming back from being sub 35 at mid race. With Kenseth, the past dozen of team 17's 'gambles' have worked out 0 times. But two races last year Kenseth and Kyle both got tangled because of Kyle, and in two other races Kyle blatently wrecked/spun Kenseth, including Bristol with only 2 or 3 laps left and both had a substantial lead. I can't believe Matt never took revenge on him, no way would I let that boy finish at least 2 races if I could stop it from happening. Then again, the return of Gibbs hasn't meant **** with the Redskins either as of late, so who's to say Toyota will fix anything except the budget.

As for Toyota, Jack Roush was pretty much on the ball as far as Toyota buying out the entire sport. I will be amused if Toy continues to be uncompetitive no matter how much money is involved. The irony is that Totota Camry buyers don't watch Nascar in the first place.
Old 9/7/07, 05:01 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Whatever Johnson's team did last season was great, but I don't think it was 100% legal. I mean, Chad Knaus' suspensions every year proves that.
Old 9/7/07, 08:14 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree with you about Johnson, that team pushes the limit a little too far.

I completely disagee with you about Montoya. The only wreck I've seen him "cause" was the incident at the Glen. The move he did was just what almost any driver would do, Truex didn't have to slam into the back of him. Clearly, Montoya had the position and Truex hit him, throwing him right into Harvick. He wasn't trying to pass on the restart by the way, he was blocking Truex.
Old 9/7/07, 08:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Montoya wrecked his car pretty much every race this season. You mean to tell me that only once was his mistake?

I wish he could drive just one race in which he doesn't wreck himself or somebody else.
Old 9/7/07, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Pretty sure he hasn't wrecked himself or someone else in every race. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, and he does have a long way to go before he's a great stock-car driver, but I know that he hasn't wrecked his car or other peoples' cars nearly as much as you make it out to be.

I believe one well-loved icon of the sport made a living off wrecking other people (God rest his soul), but he's still considered one of the best to ever drive in NASCAR. Every driver has wrecked someone at some point in his career. I don't know what you have against Montoya, maybe it's because he's different than every other driver or he gets too much attention, but I don't see where you're coming from. If you can go race by race and show me where he's wrecked himself or someone else, be my guest. Until then, I really don't see how you have a point.
Old 9/8/07, 09:10 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I watched pretty much every Nextel race this season and I noticed his driving. I pay extra attention at Montoya because many of my friends in Serbia wants to know his driving (they used to watch him in Formula 1).
Old 9/8/07, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kh765
I agree with you about Johnson, that team pushes the limit a little too far.

I completely disagee with you about Montoya. The only wreck I've seen him "cause" was the incident at the Glen. The move he did was just what almost any driver would do, Truex didn't have to slam into the back of him. Clearly, Montoya had the position and Truex hit him, throwing him right into Harvick. He wasn't trying to pass on the restart by the way, he was blocking Truex.
I don't think JJ's team pushes it too far, they just push it all the time and sometimes go to far. No other team can be in the sub-30th position at mid race and simply get back out front. For most its a death sentence. But that's racing. I'm a bit frustrated at team 17 taking way to many stupid take 2/stay out/skip fuel chances particularly on low caution-count races that nets exactly 0 in the end. It worked a few times early last season but hasn't done anything in a long, long time. If the RCR/Hendrick teams are taking 4, you take 4.

On Montoya, I agree, he's not doing anything anyone else isn't. And yea, Sr made a living wrecking everyone that was taking 'too long' to pass. Suck in with the draft and spin em. Not sure how much of that would fly in today's Nascar. Just about every old Sr highlight reel involves him spinning someone to 'take the win!'. The only driver that drives remotely like Sr is Stewart, and hes calmed down quite a bit over the last couple seasons. I don't think Stewart complains much about anything like Jr does. Jr can be running firm in 2nd and still crybabying about something non-stop on the radio. The biggest public whinner though is still Gordon. At least he's winning this year so its at least tollerable. I think Stewart needs to wreck him a few times before the season ends...
Old 9/8/07, 11:50 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Chevy hopes to get Stewart back in Cup

One of the top executives in the General Motors racing operation said the automaker will attempt to sign Tony Stewart to a contract with another Chevrolet team after his current deal with Joe Gibbs Racing expires. “We’d be interested in Tony staying with Chevy,” Brent Dewar, GM North America vice president of sales, service and parts, said Friday at Richmond International Raceway. “Most fans don’t realize that the drivers sign with the teams, and we all respect that. I understand he’s through 2009 currently with Gibbs. We’d love for him to continue with Chevrolet down the road. … “We’ve had a great relationship with Tony.” Dewar also said Chevrolet will continue to support Stewart’s hobby—sprint-car racing—despite his defection to Toyota next year along with the rest of the Gibbs drivers. “We’ve just got to sit down and see if it makes sense for all parties,” Dewar said. “We are starting to work with him and develop … he’s passionate about sprint cars, so we can see some avenues.” Stewart said during last week’s Toyota press conference that he is planning an aggressive round of contract negotiations with his team.

http://jayski.com/teams/chevy.htm
Old 9/8/07, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't think Tony wants to be with Toyota, hes been talking about his contract quite a bit lately.
Old 9/8/07, 10:26 PM
Cobra R Member

After driving a Toyota, Tony might want to jump right back in a Chevy...
Old 9/10/07, 05:54 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JGR is trying to get TS to sign a 3 year contract extension.
Old 9/11/07, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kh765
Pretty sure he hasn't wrecked himself or someone else in every race. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, and he does have a long way to go before he's a great stock-car driver, but I know that he hasn't wrecked his car or other peoples' cars nearly as much as you make it out to be.

I believe one well-loved icon of the sport made a living off wrecking other people (God rest his soul), but he's still considered one of the best to ever drive in NASCAR. Every driver has wrecked someone at some point in his career. I don't know what you have against Montoya, maybe it's because he's different than every other driver or he gets too much attention, but I don't see where you're coming from. If you can go race by race and show me where he's wrecked himself or someone else, be my guest. Until then, I really don't see how you have a point.
DE SR wrecked anyone that was faster than he was. It's that simple. The diehard SR fans will never admit to that but its the truth. Furthermore, I believe it was devine intervention that he died having done to him what he did to other drivers for YEARS and being called the greatest driver ever to live for doing so.

Knaus is a pure cheat and you can see what happens when hes there vrs when hes not. Johnson is just another driver it seems when Knaus is in the hauler and when hes not more often than not 48 drives away from everyone else. You can't tell me theres nothing going on there.
Old 9/11/07, 08:54 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
DE SR wrecked anyone that was faster than he was. It's that simple. The diehard SR fans will never admit to that but its the truth. Furthermore, I believe it was devine intervention that he died having done to him what he did to other drivers for YEARS and being called the greatest driver ever to live for doing so.

Knaus is a pure cheat and you can see what happens when hes there vrs when hes not. Johnson is just another driver it seems when Knaus is in the hauler and when hes not more often than not 48 drives away from everyone else. You can't tell me theres nothing going on there.

Quick Reply: Tony Stewart Driving a Camry?