The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/)
-   -   Tony Stewart Driving a Camry? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f772/tony-stewart-driving-camry-456784/)

V10 8/23/07 06:21 PM

Tony Stewart Driving a Camry?

This week GM announced that it was renewing it's contracts with Hendrik & Childress. Curiously missing from the press release was any mention of Joe Gibbs. Rumor is Toyota has offered Gibbs a ton of cash to become it's #1 team.

codeman94 8/23/07 06:55 PM

I've been hearing rumors as well....

Evil_Capri 8/23/07 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 990699)
This week GM announced that it was renewing it's contracts with Hendrik & Childress. Curiously missing from the press release was any mention of Joe Gibbs. Rumor is Toyota has offered Gibbs a ton of cash to become it's #1 team.

Seems you called this back at the end of April beginning of May. So will Toyota drop MWR? I've read they will drop Red Bull, but they seem to be the strongest Toyota team at the moment.

Zastava_101 8/27/07 02:42 PM

Yep, Joe Gibbs Racing drivers will drive Toyota next season. Stewart, Hamlin and Ky. Busch in Toyota ... That really sucks.

jacostang 8/27/07 09:08 PM

Stewart has contracts with Chevy! I wonder how they are going to work that???

Like I said .. Who invited Toyota anyway? I think NASCAR needs to think their money hungry ways. You can only be on top for so long, then its a hard fall!!!

Zastava_101 8/27/07 09:52 PM

We were all afraid of this. Toyota has money which Big 3 don't. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Hendrick or Roush using Toyota. After all, Gibbs is probably 2nd best team in NASCAR (after Hendrick).

ShowGT 8/28/07 01:24 AM

NASCAR is becoming a business sport, not a fan sport anymore.

DanS.02GT 8/28/07 04:47 PM

From what I've heard, Stewart's contract with Chevy is going to prevent JGR from moving to Toyota.

Zastava_101 8/28/07 06:17 PM

I hope you're right. I hate Stewart, but I hate Toyota even more.

Zastava_101 8/30/07 03:49 PM

Looks like Toyota and Gibbs will make it offical over the weekend.

stryker 8/30/07 05:32 PM

At least he's not driving a frigging ford. Doesn't matter anyway, whatever he drives will be up front.:canadamoose:

codeman94 8/30/07 05:54 PM

wow stryker...way to shake things up here at TMS with your first post....better watch yourself...most of us like Fords here in these parts.....Welcome to the site though....Maybe we will be able to convert you.:nice:

Zastava_101 8/30/07 08:09 PM

I think he's on the wrong forum.

kevinb120 8/31/07 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by stryker (Post 995190)
At least he's not driving a frigging ford. Doesn't matter anyway, whatever he drives will be up front.:canadamoose:

Just like Jarrett is when they have lapped cars up there on yellow flag restarts...

jacostang 8/31/07 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by stryker (Post 995190)

Why do trolls come on here and just spew hate? I know this is probably a Chevy guy because thats how they operate. I for one don't go on the Chevy or Toyota forums because I have nothing to contribute. We tried once to do a club thing with a Camaro club and it was just the same old crap, Imature bable at best.

codeman94 8/31/07 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by kevinb120 (Post 995474)
Just like Jarrett is when they have lapped cars up there on yellow flag restarts...

:owned::ohmy:

hahaha.....

DanS.02GT 9/2/07 08:16 PM

Looks like my source was wrong about Stewart's contract. FWIW, I don't think that the manufacturer makes any difference in NASCAR, other than marketing. Especially with the COT.

stryker 9/3/07 07:35 PM

Spew hate????? What do you call Toyota bashing?? That's not hate......right?? Or immature......right??? Pffft.

""Just like Jarrett is when they have lapped cars up there on yellow flag restarts...""

Now that's funny right there.

Peace,'
Stryker

jacostang 9/3/07 07:48 PM

zzzzzzzzz

Uh this is a Mustang Site, not a Toyota site. No you will not find me on a site that I really have no business being on, like going onto a Chevy or Toyota site and saying they suck. That's childish......:shame:

Moosetang 9/4/07 01:28 AM

There are non-Ford drivers I like becuase of who they are (Jr., Hamlin), and Ford drivers whose only redeeming value is that they ARE Ford drivers (Robby Gordon). So I look at Stewart this way: He's still not driving a Ford, so I still have no reason to like him.