Notices
Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Tony Stewart Driving a Camry?

Old 9/4/07, 05:38 PM
  #21  
Team Mustang Source
 
kevinb120's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 29, 2004
Posts: 6,729
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I pretty much consider Kenseth as my number one guy to root for carrying the Roush torch, but like Edwards and Stewart just as much. Stewart is definitely the best driver in Nascar. Not fond of the change on Gibbs part to just go for the fattest paycheck, the man could never spend the money he has now-boo on him. And I'm a die-hard Redskin's fan to boot. As bad as that is, I really feel sorry for whomever drives the 8 next year.

As many years as I have watched nascar, letting toyota simply buy its way into the sport in 2-3 years is going to pretty much end it for me. They already spend way more then all of the other 3 makes combined and can't get more then 1 car on the lead lap at the end of the race, and their two biggest names take turns each week spending the race in the commentary booth. Not to mention the stupid **** with not letting Burton run his sponsor's decals on the car.
kevinb120 is offline  
Old 9/4/07, 06:23 PM
  #22  
Team Mustang Source
 
FLAstangx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 16, 2005
Location: Yatta-Abba, AL
Posts: 1,697
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I still do not believe Tony will go quietly into the night. He wants to WIN. Period. Toyota will not win. Picture this: Henricks pulls THE coupdegrace in NASCAR: Johnson, Gordon, JR, and Stewart!! Although Stewarts contract with JGR runs through 09. His personal support of Chevrolet Racing, through TonyStewartMotorSports, will rule the day. The season may start off with him still under JGR, but I bet there are garage deals spinning now, and will right into the next season. Toyota can though all the money it wants at NASCAR. Hasn't helped yet, and I doubt very much if it will for a long long time. If the machine can't even qualify regularly, Stewart will break his contract. On another note, I'm glad Michael was finally able to get out of that wrecked car unscaved, but I was soo happy to see a Toasted Toyota!!
FLAstangx3 is offline  
Old 9/4/07, 09:10 PM
  #23  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
97svtgoin05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 21, 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,919
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I always said Stewart was gay, driving a Camry seals the deal.

97svtgoin05gt is offline  
Old 9/4/07, 09:39 PM
  #24  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't really root for any of the Ford guys. I have ceased my rooting for Roush since he aligned himself with the mortal enemy, the Boston Red Sox. I have never really cared about any of the other Ford teams. I guess I just root for the best drivers now, Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo.I can't root for Stewart because he's just such a douche bag. And now he drives a Toyota...ouch.
kh765 is offline  
Old 9/4/07, 09:47 PM
  #25  
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer
 
Zastava_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 12,540
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How can anyone root for Montoya?

He wrecks his car pretty much every race. And what's even worse, he wrecks other people cars.
Zastava_101 is offline  
Old 9/4/07, 10:05 PM
  #26  
 
jacostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,486
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
How can anyone root for Montoya?

He wrecks his car pretty much every race. And what's even worse, he wrecks other people cars.
Word!!!

And here is my crystal ball for 2008, if Jr doesn't make the chase, next year it will be the top 12 and Jr. Where ever he is just make all the "fans" Happy.

I cannot believe my ears anymore. I wonder Kevin how much they get paid in the booth for saying drivers names and how much NASCAR gets for showing "certain" numbers. Bias commentators??? Caertainly not in NASCAR.
jacostang is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 12:17 AM
  #27  
Team Mustang Source
 
kevinb120's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 29, 2004
Posts: 6,729
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
How can anyone root for Montoya?

He wrecks his car pretty much every race. And what's even worse, he wrecks other people cars.
Montoya is learning and he's no Kyle Bush when it comes to maliciously wrecking cars. He's technically a rookie, but doesn't really wreck every race, running in the mid-pack gets you stuck in a lot of them though. Its not like Ragen where he spins in the same spot multiple times in every other race. The guy who is the worst about wrecking cars is Newman, he's got to make a team owner completely insane. Takes poles, runs up front, leads a few laps, and wrecks-repeat and rinse over and over.
kevinb120 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 12:23 AM
  #28  
Team Mustang Source
 
kevinb120's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 29, 2004
Posts: 6,729
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3 View Post
I still do not believe Tony will go quietly into the night. He wants to WIN. Period. Toyota will not win. Picture this: Henricks pulls THE coupdegrace in NASCAR: Johnson, Gordon, JR, and Stewart!! Although Stewarts contract with JGR runs through 09. His personal support of Chevrolet Racing, through TonyStewartMotorSports, will rule the day. The season may start off with him still under JGR, but I bet there are garage deals spinning now, and will right into the next season. Toyota can though all the money it wants at NASCAR. Hasn't helped yet, and I doubt very much if it will for a long long time. If the machine can't even qualify regularly, Stewart will break his contract. On another note, I'm glad Michael was finally able to get out of that wrecked car unscaved, but I was soo happy to see a Toasted Toyota!!
At least MW wasn't around long enough to block one of the leaders and ruin the end of the race. I love the new commercials that pick on him though, from Sammy Hagar to the ones with the fan letters. "I'm sure your 83 Corolla SR5 is 'wicked fast' but we are going to stay with the camry" or something like that...

When MW DOES qualify for a race though, he is notorious for racing very hard against the leaders even being several laps down for some good promo footage.
kevinb120 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 01:48 AM
  #29  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
Moosetang's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 1, 2004
Posts: 3,751
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
How can anyone root for Montoya?

He wrecks his car pretty much every race. And what's even worse, he wrecks other people cars.
Well Jimmie Johnson wrecks other peoples' cars almost every week, and keeps coming up smelling like roses. So I imagine Montoya just thinks he's doing him one better.

Sorry, Kevin, I respect driver skill but I can't stand Stewart. He's a whiney little so-and-so that throws a little kid fit every time he's the least bit unsettled. Dude, you're a champion and a threat to win every weekend, don't go crapping on the Rookie that you wrecked on just becuase he wouldn't get out of your way in the middle of the corner. Show some patience and some class, jerk.
Moosetang is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 07:22 AM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Ford Boys,
FYI. I happen to like the 60's mustangs, and I like the new ones as well. I'm not here to bash Fords. Free country, drive what you like. I just think that Toyota has a place in Nascar. What the hell why not. As for not winning, they do pretty well with the trucks. Only a matter of time before they catch up with Hendricks in cup. ("Speaking of throwing a lot of money at things.") You put any one of the other drivers in a Hendricks machine and they will run up front. At this level of racing, there aren't many slackers, only inferior equipment. I believe the addition of another manufacturer will only make the sport better, improve competitiion. I'm not a Toyota fan, but I am a Stewart fan. Sure the guy shoots his mouth off, big deal, he can back it up with his driving. He's the guy that will say what he feels, not what the sponsers and Nascar wants him to say. He's always entertaining. Out of the box and not someone's puppet. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his honesty. I don't care what he drives, I like his style. I wonder what you guys would have said if Little E went to Toyota? I think this whole thread would have gone in another direction.

Enjoy the Chase boys
stryker is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 09:18 AM
  #31  
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer
 
Zastava_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 12,540
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120 View Post
Montoya is learning and he's no Kyle Bush when it comes to maliciously wrecking cars. He's technically a rookie, but doesn't really wreck every race, running in the mid-pack gets you stuck in a lot of them though. Its not like Ragen where he spins in the same spot multiple times in every other race. The guy who is the worst about wrecking cars is Newman, he's got to make a team owner completely insane. Takes poles, runs up front, leads a few laps, and wrecks-repeat and rinse over and over.
Except Montoya is 10 years older than Busch and he already drove in Cart, Indy and Formula 1. There is no excuse for his driving.
Zastava_101 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 09:31 AM
  #32  
 
jacostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,486
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ESPN Just announced Gibbs to Toyota. YUCK
jacostang is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 09:38 AM
  #33  
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer
 
Zastava_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 12,540
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stryker View Post
Hey Ford Boys,
FYI. I happen to like the 60's mustangs, and I like the new ones as well. I'm not here to bash Fords. Free country, drive what you like. I just think that Toyota has a place in Nascar. What the hell why not. As for not winning, they do pretty well with the trucks. Only a matter of time before they catch up with Hendricks in cup. ("Speaking of throwing a lot of money at things.") You put any one of the other drivers in a Hendricks machine and they will run up front. At this level of racing, there aren't many slackers, only inferior equipment. I believe the addition of another manufacturer will only make the sport better, improve competitiion. I'm not a Toyota fan, but I am a Stewart fan. Sure the guy shoots his mouth off, big deal, he can back it up with his driving. He's the guy that will say what he feels, not what the sponsers and Nascar wants him to say. He's always entertaining. Out of the box and not someone's puppet. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his honesty. I don't care what he drives, I like his style. I wonder what you guys would have said if Little E went to Toyota? I think this whole thread would have gone in another direction.

Enjoy the Chase boys
There is nothing to respect. Remember 2006 Daytona when he gave that big speech how drivers need to drive more carefully; otherwise, somebody may get killed? And then for no reason, on the straight line, he bumps Kenseth to the wall at 200 mph.
Or this year's Pepsi 400 at Daytona when he crashed into his teammate Denny Hamlin? And how he blamed Hamlin for everything; he even said that Hamlin tried to wreck him a day before at practice?

Next to Montoya, I hate Stewart the most of all NASCAR drivers. But now I have one more reason to hate him: he's driving Toyota.
Zastava_101 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 11:04 AM
  #34  
 
codeman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2004
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 7,890
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt View Post
I always said Stewart was gay, driving a Camry seals the deal.

...me too....i think he is sweet on his crew chief "Zippy..."
codeman94 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 11:11 AM
  #35  
Member
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys are hilarious. There isn't one driver in that league that hasn't done or said something stupid over their careers. They get a mic shoved in their face before they've had a chance to think about what happened. Sweet on Zippy, eh? Never thought about Tony and Zippy that way, but I guess it takes one to know one.

stryker is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 12:06 PM
  #36  
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer
 
Zastava_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 12,540
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you really wanna defend Stewart and Chevy/Toyota, you're on the wrong forum.
Zastava_101 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 12:57 PM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya think??

stryker is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 01:08 PM
  #38  
 
codeman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2004
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 7,890
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stryker View Post
You guys are hilarious. There isn't one driver in that league that hasn't done or said something stupid over their careers. They get a mic shoved in their face before they've had a chance to think about what happened. Sweet on Zippy, eh? Never thought about Tony and Zippy that way, but I guess it takes one to know one.

I'll take that as an insult.....
codeman94 is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 01:50 PM
  #39  
Member
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Naw, no insult intended. Just pointing out that the remark was a little uncalled for. 65 Mustang eh? Nice.
stryker is offline  
Old 9/5/07, 06:18 PM
  #40  
 
codeman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2004
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 7,890
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
oops...I intened to jest on that one....guess I forgot. Thanks for the compliment on the car...
codeman94 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tony Stewart Driving a Camry?


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.