Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

必enseth leaving Roush at end of season; replaced by Stenhouse, Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/12, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said it before when Mark Martin left Roush to drive for another brand, ......... TRAITOR!!
Old 7/3/12, 11:44 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

At least Mark had an excuse. He wanted to drive part time to spend more time with his son.
Old 7/4/12, 06:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol some people seem to take this stuff too personally.
Old 7/4/12, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Synyster_Vengeance
At least Mark had an excuse. He wanted to drive part time to spend more time with his son.
And a lame excuse at that! He ended up racing full time!
Old 7/4/12, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
Lol some people seem to take this stuff too personally.
Just as someone said earlier about Jack Roush saying Matt is 'going to the dark side' racing for another brand, "anyone other than Roush Racing is the 'dark side'"! If that is true, I agree with Jack!
Old 7/4/12, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now I can't call Mark 'the traitor'anymore because now we have another one! I guess the 'almighty buck' is more inportant than brand and team!
Old 7/4/12, 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

I'm so glad I see can see beyond the brand!
Old 7/4/12, 12:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by red pony
Now I can't call Mark 'the traitor'anymore because now we have another one! I guess the 'almighty buck' is more inportant than brand and team!
I feel your pain, but look at all Pro sports now, Loyalty?, crap, most of its gone baby gone to all mighty dollar...

Last edited by jacostang; 7/4/12 at 12:04 PM.
Old 7/4/12, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
I feel your pain, but look at all Pro sports now, Loyalty?, crap, most of its gone baby gone to all mighty dollar...
Old 7/4/12, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm so glad I see can see beyond the brand!
That' s the plus side of Nascar. There are drivers that compete, pit crews that compete, and brands that compete! What turns me on may mean nothing to the next guy, and that's fine! But some say" nascar isn't a sport" but where else can you watch 43 teams on one channel compete with each other? It is a team effort! But personally, I would like to see a ' more level playing field' when it comes time for sponsership to some of these teams! You walk into any store that has nascar stuff and all you see that attacks your eyes is numbers like 88,48,5, 20, 18, all chevy and toyota crap! Never 17,99 ,16, ... you know what I mean? That's where it all begins!
Old 7/5/12, 11:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Matt- Home Depot
Deny- Fed Ex
Joey-M&Ms
Kyle-Monster energy

was talked about on nascar radio has a possible. Home depot will be happy with a past champ, fed ex is happy now, m&ms would like the youth of joey and monster..the obvious. Hmm could be.
Old 7/5/12, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by skunk21
Matt- Home Depot
Deny- Fed Ex
Joey-M&Ms
Kyle-Monster energy

was talked about on nascar radio has a possible. Home depot will be happy with a past champ, fed ex is happy now, m&ms would like the youth of joey and monster..the obvious. Hmm could be.
I'm hearing that Dollar General and Gamestop would come up to Cup for Joey.
Old 7/5/12, 05:43 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm hearing that Dollar General and Gamestop would come up to Cup for Joey.
Possible, they where toying with monster/dollar for kyle and m&ms for joey, all do able imo. Gibbs was doing an interview yesterday, he was pretty dodgy with what was going with HD and a 4th team, etc. He did say he was looking to finish up an extension with joey. The writing is on the wall I'm just waiting for official word.
Old 7/5/12, 07:06 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

How is it possible that a disappointment like Joe Logano (so much for "the next Jeff Gordon") is able to attract so many sponsors?
Old 7/5/12, 07:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How is it possible that a disappointment like Joe Logano (so much for "the next Jeff Gordon") is able to attract so many sponsors?
Thats a very good question..... Just a shame that Roush is having sponsor troubles.... I guess its all in the marketing...
Old 7/6/12, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, if RFR is anything personality wise as so many of the Ford dealerships are with their independant attitude, it could be an issue of approachability! Dealership level business level as business goes, it seems like they feel they are god's gift in automobiles! They want it all their way or it's the highway for you! In that atmosphere, how do you win over ANY sponsers?! Not to mention, most dealerships around here flying the Ford banner refuse to even sponser local racers to further the cause! That is, in my opinion, just stupid! If you want sales or sponsers, you have to spend money to make money!

Last edited by red pony; 7/6/12 at 08:56 AM.
Old 7/6/12, 08:00 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Traitor's on the pole for tomorrow's race.
Old 7/7/12, 08:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Biffle got his contract and has had his sponsor, Edwards got a new contract and his sponsor(s). why was it that roush was running Matt's car alot of the time out of his pocket, and where was Matt's contract he must have thought when all this was going on. How does a 2 time 500 winner, past champion and your most consistent chase driver get to this point. I don't know but they do, something was going to happen with Stenhouse and something was going to happen with Matt this we know. I like Matt and all he did for Ford for the many, many years he was around but there must have been some ugly stuff going on for him to turn his back that both Jack and him will not release. I also do not think Matt and Carl got along (anyone remember the sucker punch Carl tried on Matt). just my opinion.
Old 7/7/12, 08:30 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Matt is a pretty quiet guy and probably one of the most underrated drivers in the history of NASCAR. Even when he wins he gets media attention for like 2 seconds and then media shifts back to Dale Junior, Danica Patrick and all other overrated drivers.

And sponsors don't like that. A guy like Edwards can find sponsors anytime anywhere, because he always gets media attention no matter what (even when he's having crappy year like 2012).

I think that's the main reason why Matt had sponsorship issues.
Old 7/7/12, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Matt is a pretty quiet guy and probably one of the most underrated drivers in the history of NASCAR. Even when he wins he gets media attention for like 2 seconds and then media shifts back to Dale Junior, Danica Patrick and all other overrated drivers.

And sponsors don't like that. A guy like Edwards can find sponsors anytime anywhere, because he always gets media attention no matter what (even when he's having crappy year like 2012).

I think that's the main reason why Matt had sponsorship issues.
I'm not totally sold, they also like performance/results. Biffle doesn't get alot of camera time and other drivers also that seem to have little sponsor trouble with mid pack results.

Quick Reply: 必enseth leaving Roush at end of season; replaced by Stenhouse, Jr.