Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

CASCAR Charger vs. NASCAR Charger

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/05, 08:32 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
CASCAR Charger. . from . . .http://www.whitlockmotorsports.com/cascar_champions.htm

NASCAR Charger. . from . . http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2005/2cup.htm

Funny how the CASCAR Charger actually looks like a Charger . . .at least more than the NASCAR version.

The Taurus's look almost the same, and I haven't seen a 2006 CASCAR Fusion. This could be because CASCAR is about to be purchased by NASCAR and could end up using the same templates . . .

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 8/14/08 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11/30/05, 10:55 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mean Charger (instead of Challenger) right?
Old 11/30/05, 10:58 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by AFBLUE@November 30, 2005, 12:58 PM
You mean Charger (instead of Challenger) right?

Yeah . . .man it's been a rough day . .

Fixed it . .thanks Mark!
Old 11/30/05, 07:08 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

CASCAR Charger looks better (and more accurate) to me. NASCAR one looks deformed.
Old 11/30/05, 07:24 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

They would save a lot of money if they would just race the versions they sell to the public. For example the Ford GT, the Z06 and the Viper.

No need for restrictor plates. Let those bad boys run at full speed. Only rule would be is that if you don't sell it to the public in significant #s (e.g 1000/year) then you can't race it. You would have to use the OEM tires too.
If the Z06 or GT gets blown away then they would have to build a faster one for the next year and still sell 1000 of them. If you can't sell 1000 GTs then Ford would have to use the GT500 or another car that meets the requirements.

I know there are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't work but think of the money that would be saved on not having to design completely new cars. Just go down to your local dealer and buy a new car and go race it.

Imagine that, racing stock cars in the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
Old 11/30/05, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the CASCAR Charger looks better than the NASCAR one, but take into consideration that CASCAR does not have superspeedways. And the NASCAR Dodge teams would be whining about having no aerodynamics if they made their car true to the street version.

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a new racing league called TRAC? It was to consist of teams racing Mustangs, Corvettes and Vipers.
Old 12/7/05, 09:29 AM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by AFBLUE@November 30, 2005, 8:27 PM
They would save a lot of money if they would just race the versions they sell to the public. For example the Ford GT, the Z06 and the Viper.

No need for restrictor plates. Let those bad boys run at full speed. Only rule would be is that if you don't sell it to the public in significant #s (e.g 1000/year) then you can't race it. You would have to use the OEM tires too.
If the Z06 or GT gets blown away then they would have to build a faster one for the next year and still sell 1000 of them. If you can't sell 1000 GTs then Ford would have to use the GT500 or another car that meets the requirements.

I know there are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't work but think of the money that would be saved on not having to design completely new cars. Just go down to your local dealer and buy a new car and go race it.

Imagine that, racing stock cars in the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
That I would watch
Old 12/7/05, 09:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by softbatch@December 7, 2005, 12:32 PM
That I would watch
Take a look back 40 years and that is exactly the type of racing NASCAR was promoting - and it resulted in the deaths of numerous drivers along the way. The only way the drivers are safe (relative) enough to run at these speeds is for the car to be built with all of the additional safety items (e.g. roll cage) which are not stock. Further, cars at these weights have a tendancy to get airborne at speeds over 200 mph when they get a little sideways...so stock will not work. I agree it would be fun to watch, but it ain't gonna happen.
Old 12/7/05, 10:22 AM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by Starminder@December 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
Take a look back 40 years and that is exactly the type of racing NASCAR was promoting - and it resulted in the deaths of numerous drivers along the way. The only way the drivers are safe (relative) enough to run at these speeds is for the car to be built with all of the additional safety items (e.g. roll cage) which are not stock. Further, cars at these weights have a tendancy to get airborne at speeds over 200 mph when they get a little sideways...so stock will not work. I agree it would be fun to watch, but it ain't gonna happen.
Those cars are made to run at those speeds. Also Cars that only turn left are dumb IMO.
Old 12/7/05, 03:21 PM
Cam Tease

I don't pay to see races with safe drivers, I would pay to see races with some real cars and RIGHT TURNS.
Old 2/17/06, 12:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softbatch @ December 7, 2005, 12:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Those cars are made to run at those speeds.[/b][/quote]

that means absolutley nothing. They are still not safe enough to hit turn 3 at daytona at 180MPH and not completely be obliterated. Fine me a picture of any of those cars wrecking at 200mph with most of the car intact. You won't cause they self destruct by deisgn. Also they are no where near safe enough for what happens to a vehicle at 200mph that gets sideways; they WILL get airborne. Why do you think NASCAR has roof flaps? Same thing would happen in a car and it would be devistating to anyone behind the wheel.

It's impossible in todays age of technology and saftey to have a completely "stock" car for racing......race cars need to be specifically made for their series and their specifications.
Old 2/17/06, 12:53 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
forgive me, but isn't the production car thing WTCC??

same rules apply, as well as in rallying, you need to sell 5000 of the car to be able to race it (hence why we have Scoobies and EVO's running around)
Old 2/18/06, 10:01 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00StangGT @ February 17, 2006, 1:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
that means absolutley nothing. They are still not safe enough to hit turn 3 at daytona at 180MPH and not completely be obliterated. Fine me a picture of any of those cars wrecking at 200mph with most of the car intact. You won't cause they self destruct by deisgn. Also they are no where near safe enough for what happens to a vehicle at 200mph that gets sideways; they WILL get airborne. Why do you think NASCAR has roof flaps? Same thing would happen in a car and it would be devistating to anyone behind the wheel.

It's impossible in todays age of technology and saftey to have a completely "stock" car for racing......race cars need to be specifically made for their series and their specifications.
[/b][/quote]
What about The FR500C? Thats built from a stock car. They just put a full crash cage and the required safty equipment... thats what nascar should do.. and they should also put a engine that is in their current line up in the car.
Old 2/18/06, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

There already is a race series with production-based cars, including the Viper, Z06, and Ford GT. It's called Speed World Challenge GT.