Search this Thread

Old 9/27/12, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually the brembos are available
Old 1/21/13, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well guys and gals, you know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I traded in an '03 Cobra convertible with 40K miles for mine and I couldn't be happier. The looks of the car and the color are what got me. Yes, it's not a V8 and yes, I could have gotten a base GT, but then I'd have the same car as everyone else. Trust me, there aren't a lot of these RS Roush's around and it's not always about the power.

Last edited by Redbaron93; 5/21/14 at 09:31 PM.
Old 1/21/13, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Redbaron93
Well guys and gals, you know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I traded in an '03 Cobra convertible with 40K miles for mine and I couldn't be happier. The looks of the car and the color are what got me. Yes, it's not a V8 and yes, I could have gotten a base GT, but then I'd have the same car as everyone else. Trust me, there aren't a lot of these RS Roush's around and it's not always about the power.
Why in the world would you give up a cobra for a roush rs? You had more potential with the cobra.....You sir have traded down the mustang ladder for the sake of having a brand name and new seats.

Last edited by TheMuffinMan; 1/21/13 at 11:17 PM.
Old 1/21/13, 11:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great looking car, grats!
Old 1/22/13, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Why in the world would you give up a cobra for a roush rs? You had more potential with the cobra.....You sir have traded down the mustang ladder for the sake of having a brand name and new seats.
I may have traded down, and I agree with you, but there were factors to me that played into it. Having the Cobra, as much as I enjoyed it for the 10 mos. of ownership, the fact that it bothered me putting miles on it when I had no other vehicle to drive was a bother. My wife did not like driving it, especially with the top down, and last but not least, the fact that I started having knee issues after purchase did not help. Yes, the Roush is also a stick but, if you've driving the new cars versus the Cobra you'd see the difference. I'm getting older, no longer a drag racer and just liked the way the new car drove and performed. You're probably saying lack of performance, but I owned a '98 Cobra brand new, same horsepower and it's impressive with what Ford has done with these cars.
Will it be as collectible as the Cobra, probably not, but that's not why I traded. Just so you'll know, here's a pic of what I traded. I got $18k trade in so I don't think I did too bad.

Last edited by Redbaron93; 5/21/14 at 09:31 PM.
Old 1/22/13, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I may have traded down, and I agree with you, but there were factors to me that played into it. Having the Cobra, as much as I enjoyed it for the 10 mos. of ownership, the fact that it bothered me putting miles on it when I had no other vehicle to drive was a bother. My wife did not like driving it, especially with the top down, and last but not least, the fact that I started having knee issues after purchase did not help. Yes, the Roush is also a stick but, if you've driving the new cars versus the Cobra you'd see the difference. I'm getting older, no longer a drag racer and just liked the way the new car drove and performed. You're probably saying lack of performance, but I owned a '98 Cobra brand new, same horsepower and it's impressive with what Ford has done with these cars.
Will it be as collectible as the Cobra, probably not, but that's not why I traded. Just so you'll know, here's a pic of what I traded. I got $18k trade in so I don't think I did too bad.
You sir....-speechless-
Old 1/22/13, 11:25 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Roush! Always liked them