Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Ordering 14 Shelby Wednesday...

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/13, 07:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Kco have you had your car on the track yet? I'm going in the summer and wondering what to expect. From what I heard and read the two things that hinder her is the brakes and not enough tire in the back. I've read somewhere after 3 or 4 laps the brakes really fade. I take everything with a grain of salt so I will see for myself but would love to hear from anybody with first hand experience.
Not yet, no. I have heard about the issues with the brakes on the track as well but can't speak to them myself. I have already changed the tires on mine though, so I hope when I do get the chance to put it on a track I'll see a bit less of the issues reported by some with the stock tires.
Old 4/22/13, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If you are at all considering putting the car on a track (and if you're not yet, you will eventually), I would get the track pack. Heat soak will significantly affect your experience, as supercharged engines produce enough heat to heavily drain power from the car. More cooling on this car is hardly a bad thing.

Thank you KocTiger. Both Halfadeck and your opinion on the Track pack sold me...I will now add the Track pack...

Thank you all for your opinion. This is a big purchase for me. Joseph...
Old 4/22/13, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasGold
Thank you KocTiger. Both Halfadeck and your opinion on the Track pack sold me...I will now add the Track pack...

Thank you all for your opinion. This is a big purchase for me. Joseph...
Yeah, I read his post as well and he's right on. Good luck to you and hope you can survive the wait! I ended up waiting about six months for mine, one of the mods (2k7gtcs) waited even longer. Hopefully your wait will be a little closer to the "6-8 weeks" the dealers tell everyone.
Old 4/22/13, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Yeah, I read his post as well and he's right on. Good luck to you and hope you can survive the wait! I ended up waiting about six months for mine, one of the mods (2k7gtcs) waited even longer. Hopefully your wait will be a little closer to the "6-8 weeks" the dealers tell everyone.
Yes, I remember the 6 to 8 weeks when I ordered my 07. Something like 4 months later Ha, Ha...I am in no rush. I am just excited to be able to own a Special car like this. You have been very helpful...

Two more days until I sign the order sheet...Joseph
Old 4/22/13, 09:40 PM
GT Member

Yes, I remember the 6 to 8 weeks when I ordered my 07. Something like 4 months later Ha, Ha...I am in no rush. I am just excited to be able to own a Special car like this. You have been very helpful...

Two more days until I sign the order sheet...Joseph
Great choice VegasGold. I ordered my first Shelby on 4/3. Can't wait for that call from the dealer or the PM from Deysha telling me I have a VIN and a build date. Living in Michigan, there is limited driving time each year for this car so the sooner the better. It might also be the fact that I have no patience, but the limited driving time sounds like a better excuse. My undergrad and MBA degrees are from Indiana University (grew up in Southern Indiana) so I had to go with Race Red with white stripes to represent my beloved Hoosiers!!!! We are going to love these cars.
Old 4/23/13, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on your order.
Old 4/23/13, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Grats man, you're gonna love it.
Old 4/23/13, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Great choice VegasGold. I ordered my first Shelby on 4/3. Can't wait for that call from the dealer or the PM from Deysha telling me I have a VIN and a build date. Living in Michigan, there is limited driving time each year for this car so the sooner the better. It might also be the fact that I have no patience, but the limited driving time sounds like a better excuse. My undergrad and MBA degrees are from Indiana University (grew up in Southern Indiana) so I had to go with Race Red with white stripes to represent my beloved Hoosiers!!!! We are going to love these cars.
Congratulations too you...Nice color combination. That was my biggest decision. I looked at all of them and decided to stay with what I have now. What options did you get? You seem just as excited as I am. A lot of that going around. Should we seek Help?...Ha, Ha...

Everyone on this forum has been a great help with this purchase. Nice too see helpful people with the same passion. Funny you can not test drive these Shelby's. I am going on what others have said. They all said "We will Love it"... I believe them...Keep us updated on your purchase. I will do the same...Joseph...

P.S What a great feeling...
Old 4/23/13, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FAST FRED
Congrats on your order.
Thank you FAST FRED..

I followed your posts. Love your Shelby. I assume you are out having fun driving your Shelby...Joseph...
Old 4/23/13, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kabooka
Grats man, you're gonna love it.
Thank you Kabooka...Love your Shelby...All these responses from Shelby owners have been nothing but Positive. This really helps. Spending this amount on something you can not test drive makes you really think...

My worries are at ease with posts like yours. Thank you very much. I will order tomorrow at 7 PM. I have no idea what this Shelby will be like but, feel good with the information provide at this site...Joseph...
Old 4/23/13, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Congratulations too you...Nice color combination. That was my biggest decision. I looked at all of them and decided to stay with what I have now. What options did you get? You seem just as excited as I am. A lot of that going around. Should we seek Help?...Ha, Ha...

Everyone on this forum has been a great help with this purchase. Nice too see helpful people with the same passion. Funny you can not test drive these Shelby's. I am going on what others have said. They all said "We will Love it"... I believe them...Keep us updated on your purchase. I will do the same...Joseph...

P.S What a great feeling...
Yes VegasGold, we are going to love these cars. I have read all 1,600 posts in the 2014 ordered/built/delivered thread. . I got the Perf. Package, Elec. Package, and glass roof. Also added the side scoops, upgraded security system, and lighted door sills. I don't plan to track it so I skipped the Track Pack. I am now 2nd guessing not ordering the Recaros, but could probably update my order since it hasn't been scheduled yet. I designed the car on Ford.com and printed out copies that are on my nightstand at home and my desk at work. Also printed out the images of "My Shelby" and taped them to my window at work so a can stare at them to get me through the day (yes, I might have OCD). Next thing is to pick a name for her.

All that said, I am most excited about driving it home (8 hours away) and showing it to my Dad. He grew up in the Muscle Car era so I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets behind the wheel and hits that gas pedal.

Also, I work with a lot of guys from Europe and LAA that drive European luxury cars. I can't wait to park a fine crafted piece of American muscle right in the middle of their snooty European cars. Lol.

Best,
Scott
Old 4/23/13, 08:39 PM
GT Member

That's awesome Scott let us no what ur dad and coworkers think. I brought mine in one day to the factory, I work at chryslers, I was out on a job and was talking to somebody when they started telling me that this bad *** cobra was parked in the lot. I was grinning ear to ear when I told him it was mine he kept saying bs no way lol I had to show him my keys. I must say though if u can swing it get the recaro's u won't regret it. Good luck on your order guys try not to go crazy waiting! !
Old 4/23/13, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by saparish
Yes VegasGold, we are going to love these cars. I have read all 1,600 posts in the 2014 ordered/built/delivered thread. . I got the Perf. Package, Elec. Package, and glass roof. Also added the side scoops, upgraded security system, and lighted door sills. I don't plan to track it so I skipped the Track Pack. I am now 2nd guessing not ordering the Recaros, but could probably update my order since it hasn't been scheduled yet. I designed the car on Ford.com and printed out copies that are on my nightstand at home and my desk at work. Also printed out the images of "My Shelby" and taped them to my window at work so a can stare at them to get me through the day (yes, I might have OCD). Next thing is to pick a name for her.

All that said, I am most excited about driving it home (8 hours away) and showing it to my Dad. He grew up in the Muscle Car era so I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets behind the wheel and hits that gas pedal.

Also, I work with a lot of guys from Europe and LAA that drive European luxury cars. I can't wait to park a fine crafted piece of American muscle right in the middle of their snooty European cars. Lol.

Best,
Scott
Great options Scott. Everyone said the Recaro seats are the way to go. That is why I order them. " Also added the side scoops, upgraded security system, and lighted door sills" I did not see any of those options on our Ford Canada Build and price. What upgraded security is this? I thought the lighted door stills were standard?

If you can get the Recaro seats. I am sure you will be disappointed later unless you have some kind of problem getting in them...

Yes, show your Shelby in the parking lot with those European cars...Ha, Ha...Not too close, you never know... I think your Father will be very impressed. Unfortunately, my Father is not into cars. Hard for him to understand what I am talking about. He does support my decision, which is nice... Maybe, just maybe we will become closer with this Shelby purchase. That would be nice...Joseph.
Old 4/23/13, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Halfadeck
That's awesome Scott let us no what ur dad and coworkers think. I brought mine in one day to the factory, I work at chryslers, I was out on a job and was talking to somebody when they started telling me that this bad *** cobra was parked in the lot. I was grinning ear to ear when I told him it was mine he kept saying bs no way lol I had to show him my keys. I must say though if u can swing it get the recaro's u won't regret it. Good luck on your order guys try not to go crazy waiting! !
Thanks Gus...Just so you know I will order the Track pack. Your information was very much appreciated. I order tomorrow at 7 PM. After that I will update everyone...Joseph.

P.S You worked hard for what you have. Good for you. Dreams do come true...
Old 4/26/13, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow...Thank you all again. It is finally ordered. I was tired and excited the last few days. What a rush.

The wait begins. I will now go back to reading your threads about your Shelby's. So start talking...Have a safe and Fun Summer...Joseph...

P.S I guess I can start looking for mods. Small stuff, nothing to void the warranty. Let me know what you are doing.
Old 4/26/13, 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What color and options did you decide on? Now for the painful wait for it to hit your dealer!
Old 4/27/13, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
What color and options did you decide on? Now for the painful wait for it to hit your dealer!
Hi Planeswalker...

I ordered the Black with Black stripes, SVTPP, SVPTP and Recaros. The color was the hard part. I looked at all of them with an open mind. Changing stripes etc. They all look great. Since I have a black one now I thought I would just keep the same look. Although, that could change. I keep looking and thinking. At this point I believe this order will stand.

One question to all. Is the car cover worth it? I seen some say it is not a good quality? I have until next week to add it. Thank you, Joseph...
Old 4/27/13, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Planeswalker...

I ordered the Black with Black stripes, SVTPP, SVPTP and Recaros. The color was the hard part. I looked at all of them with an open mind. Changing stripes etc. They all look great. Since I have a black one now I thought I would just keep the same look. Although, that could change. I keep looking and thinking. At this point I believe this order will stand.

One question to all. Is the car cover worth it? I seen some say it is not a good quality? I have until next week to add it. Thank you, Joseph...
Not if you actually drive it (imo) and I told you not to forget the EP. Lol
Old 4/27/13, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Not if you actually drive it (imo) and I told you not to forget the EP. Lol

Ha, Ha...Yes, you did. A little short on funds now. Kidney anyone.
Old 4/27/13, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha, Ha...Yes, you did. A little short on funds now. Kidney anyone.
No kidding!

Quick Reply: Ordering 14 Shelby Wednesday...