'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Ordering 14 Shelby Wednesday...

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/13, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering 14 Shelby Wednesday...

Hi...

This will be my first Shelby. For those who have one, I need a little push in the right direction. I enjoy reading all the posts about how great your Shelby is etc...

I always liked them. My 07 GT is great. I had a lot of fun with this car. I was going to add a Kenny bell all along. Then I thought of the bottom end and then suspension and then and then...You get it. It would be nice to do but, in the end it will not be anything more than a nice modified Mustang GT...

I kept looking at the Shelby's. Thinking what to do. Then, the 2013 Shelby information came out. Well, that changed everything. Bottom line, I think this Shelby will Rock. I am so excited that I think I am missing something. Well am I??? I feel like I am floating in the air right now. I would hate to finally get the car and say later "What was I thinking" You know what I mean. I just can not find anything that I would not like. It looks Perfect to me...Any advice, comments etc.

This is what I would order.
2014 Shelby GT500
Black with Black stripes
SVTPP
Recaro seats

The Track Pack would be nice but, I do not plan to track the car. Maybe once her or there. Any input about this option? Is it really needed? What about a trip to California, any problems with driving hours on the highway?

Thank you in advance for any reply. I just need to be sure I am not making some mistake. Something I am missing...

Joseph...
Old 4/19/13, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't forget the EP
Old 4/19/13, 10:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Don't forget the EP
Old 4/20/13, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Any other Canadians With a Shelby? Our prices are $7,000 more than the US Shelby. Out the door price is $70,000 for this one. I know I will Love it. Just looking for positives...Joseph.
Old 4/20/13, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know where there is one in already at a dealer in Wisconsin....Slight delivery damage......It's black! They might be able to strike a deal! Ha ha....if you didn't, read my thread...2014 Shelby GT500 Delivery Nightmare

Good times....
Old 4/20/13, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
I know where there is one in already at a dealer in Wisconsin....Slight delivery damage......It's black! They might be able to strike a deal! Ha ha....if you didn't, read my thread...2014 Shelby GT500 Delivery Nightmare

Good times....
does that mean you're passing
Old 4/20/13, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
does that mean you're passing
We'll know after our conference....I'll keep you posted.
Old 4/20/13, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Good times....
Yes, I read your thread. Sorry to see you going through all that. The Shelby looks great. I really think this will work out for you. Joseph.
Old 4/20/13, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VegasGold
Yes, I read your thread. Sorry to see you going through all that. The Shelby looks great. I really think this will work out for you. Joseph.
Thanks for the kind words Joseph. I would say follow your dreams and go for the Shelby! Nothing like hearing the scream of a supercharger!

We didn't want the track pack because we would not be tracking the car. My husband was worried about maintenance, leaks, ect. For the extra 3 grand spent, we could stick it into a 150hp mod! I like the sound of that MUCH better!

We opted out of the performance pack because we did not feel that the extras would be used. But that's OUR opinion. You will have to decide for yourself. After all, you are going to be the one driving it. Good luck!
Old 4/20/13, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The track pack is not needed, but I got it anyways. Extra cooling for the engine and trans is always a good thing since I live down south. There is no reason you shouldn't get one, as long as it's financially possible. I love mine so much I almost bought a second one, but ended up getting a 2013 Stage 3 Roush instead; just to have something different. I still use my 2006 as a daily driver and love it, but the Shelby is a whole different experience!
Old 4/21/13, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the kind words Joseph. I would say follow your dreams and go for the Shelby! Nothing like hearing the scream of a supercharger!

We didn't want the track pack because we would not be tracking the car. My husband was worried about maintenance, leaks, ect. For the extra 3 grand spent, we could stick it into a 150hp mod! I like the sound of that MUCH better!

We opted out of the performance pack because we did not feel that the extras would be used. But that's OUR opinion. You will have to decide for yourself. After all, you are going to be the one driving it. Good luck!
Thank you Shelby Mama. I will follow my dreams. Good luck too you...
Old 4/21/13, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
The track pack is not needed, but I got it anyways. Extra cooling for the engine and trans is always a good thing since I live down south. There is no reason you shouldn't get one, as long as it's financially possible. I love mine so much I almost bought a second one, but ended up getting a 2013 Stage 3 Roush instead; just to have something different. I still use my 2006 as a daily driver and love it, but the Shelby is a whole different experience!
Thank you Planeswalker. Nice collection you have. I appreciate your input on the Track pack. I am pushing my limit $$ on this Shelby. If I do not need the Track pack then I will not get it. I keep thinking about it.

You Love your Shelby so much you almost bought another one...Sold. Are you in Sales..Ha, Ha...That is what I wanted to hear...I am excited for this purchase. Wednesday can not come fast enough. I have time to think about the Track pack....Joseph...
Old 4/21/13, 09:35 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Hey planes how bout helping a kid live his dream and help me into an 03 cobra or 11+ 5.0!
Really though you have one sweet stable with all those ponies!

OP id say the track pack isnt needed but i dont see any harm in having a stronger diff, better engine and trans cooling, and a slightly stiffer suspension set-up. Although i will say i like the standard rims more than the PP. if i were you id be pouncing on a shelby because im sure this will be the last big motor big supercharged motor goin into the gt500. Once Ford goes global, who knows whatll happen.

Last edited by CCTking; 4/21/13 at 09:38 AM.
Old 4/21/13, 12:46 PM
GT Member

Hi vegas, I've owned my 13 since last august. It's loaded except for the glass roof. I'm by no means rich but when the articles started coming out for this car it was like I drank the koolaid I had to have it. I worked 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for her all last year, just for a hefty down payment. The only tinge of regret I had was when I signed the papers and spent $70 grand I was a little sick. As for the car I couldn't be more happier she is everything they say about her and more!! Driving her is a lot like when you go camping, you just forget the world and are at total peace. If you don't mind crowds gathering, people staring and begging for a ride you won't be disappointed in this car. She is one sexy beast. I can't walk in the garage without staring at her for a couple minutes, since thats all the weather in michigan will let me do right now. She is almost too fast, what I mean is by the time u hit second gear you're already going over the speed limit but what a rush. As for the options, recaros is an absolute must those seats are so **** sweet really makes the car racey looking. Also the svt pp is a must definitely can tell the difference in driving modes. The ep package is very nice, love having the big screen in the console but not a necessity. As for the stereo upgrade for now it's a waste of money I just want to listen to the engine, that might change down the road. Now for the trac pack, I haven't taken it on the track yet, I will be in the summer, so I can't really comment on what a difference it makes yet. But I like all the extra cooling but for just street driving not necessary but down the road for resale value I think it will make a difference. So in conclusion go order her and when you get her you'll be happier than a pig in ****!!! Sorry for the double pic post said the application crashed.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Halfadeck; 4/21/13 at 12:48 PM.
Old 4/21/13, 01:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Hi vegas, I've owned my 13 since last august. It's loaded except for the glass roof. I'm by no means rich but when the articles started coming out for this car it was like I drank the koolaid I had to have it. I worked 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for her all last year, just for a hefty down payment. The only tinge of regret I had was when I signed the papers and spent $70 grand I was a little sick. As for the car I couldn't be more happier she is everything they say about her and more!! Driving her is a lot like when you go camping, you just forget the world and are at total peace. If you don't mind crowds gathering, people staring and begging for a ride you won't be disappointed in this car. She is one sexy beast. I can't walk in the garage without staring at her for a couple minutes, since thats all the weather in michigan will let me do right now. She is almost too fast, what I mean is by the time u hit second gear you're already going over the speed limit but what a rush. As for the options, recaros is an absolute must those seats are so **** sweet really makes the car racey looking. Also the svt pp is a must definitely can tell the difference in driving modes. The ep package is very nice, love having the big screen in the console but not a necessity. As for the stereo upgrade for now it's a waste of money I just want to listen to the engine, that might change down the road. Now for the trac pack, I haven't taken it on the track yet, I will be in the summer, so I can't really comment on what a difference it makes yet. But I like all the extra cooling but for just street driving not necessary but down the road for resale value I think it will make a difference. So in conclusion go order her and when you get her you'll be happier than a pig in ****!!! Sorry for the double pic post said the application crashed.
That's an awesome ride. You've worked hard for it!
Old 4/21/13, 01:38 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Gus - gorgeous! Enjoy it!
Old 4/21/13, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Thank you Gus...

Looks just like the one I will order. Love it... Your message is exactly what I was waiting for. I too am working very hard for this. We are like long lost Brothers...Ha, Ha... Yes, signing the papers like you said will be something to remember. Still thinking about the Track pack...

I think we had the same kool-aid. I am very much looking forward to this Wednesday...I will let you know what happens. Thanks again for your message, Joseph...
Old 4/21/13, 09:14 PM
GT Member

No problem Joseph. And thanks for the comments folks. I know u won't regret it enjoy and keep us posted!
Old 4/22/13, 05:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
If you are at all considering putting the car on a track (and if you're not yet, you will eventually), I would get the track pack. Heat soak will significantly affect your experience, as supercharged engines produce enough heat to heavily drain power from the car. More cooling on this car is hardly a bad thing.
Old 4/22/13, 06:33 AM
GT Member

Kco have you had your car on the track yet? I'm going in the summer and wondering what to expect. From what I heard and read the two things that hinder her is the brakes and not enough tire in the back. I've read somewhere after 3 or 4 laps the brakes really fade. I take everything with a grain of salt so I will see for myself but would love to hear from anybody with first hand experience.

Quick Reply: Ordering 14 Shelby Wednesday...