Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Hawk Ceramics Pads anybody swap them into your Brembo brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/10, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk Ceramics Pads anybody swap them into your Brembo brakes?

As the title asks, wondering if anybody with a 2010/2011 GT500 has swapped out the OEM pads in the Brembo brakes for the Hawk Ceramic pads.

From what I hear the Brembo pads dust badly.
I've had Hawk pads in other cars and they have performed well, and dusted less than OEM pads. I have never used the Hawk Ceramics however and they supposedly dust even less.
So I am thinking of swapping out the OEM pads with Hawk Ceramics for less dust but not lose any braking performance. But would love to hear feedback from anybody who has done this first.

Thanks
Old 8/15/10, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nobody?

Guess I'll have to give it a shot soon and report back then.
Old 8/15/10, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the GT500 Brembos on my 07 vert w/ drilled and slotted rotors. Yes, the stock pads do dust badly. The GT500 guys complain and I noticed it immediately. I replaced the stock pads with the Hawk Ceramic pads and did not like them at all. With the drill/slotted rotors, they created vibration in the pedal when you were stopping. Also, just as you came to a complete stop, they would squeak sometimes. I ended removing them after about 100 miles. If your interested, I'll sell you mine for half price. Maybe you would have better luck with them on non drilled/slotted rotors.
Old 8/15/10, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did you put new rotors on when you put the Hawk Ceramics on? Or did you put the Hawk pads on rotors that were worn a bit from the previous pads?

I wonder if the Hawk HPS pads would fair better. I had them on my 335i and they were pretty darn good.

Where do you live?

Last edited by Driver72; 8/15/10 at 12:16 PM.
Old 8/16/10, 06:00 AM
Bullitt Member

They were new rotors and pads. I have used the HPS pads on other cars and was happy with them. I went with these pads for the same reasons you are considering - low dust while maintaining braking performance. I am in Charlotte, NC.
Old 8/16/10, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tispco
They were new rotors and pads. I have used the HPS pads on other cars and was happy with them. I went with these pads for the same reasons you are considering - low dust while maintaining braking performance. I am in Charlotte, NC.
Well shoot, I was hoping you'd of said the rotors were not new and therefore I would of presumed the vibration and such was from putting new pads on older rotors.

And you are in NC and I'm in CA, so shipping those pads to me would be a bit pricey too.

Maybe I'll just have to try the HPS pads again.
They weren't as low dust as some other pads I've used (Axxis Deluxe) but stopping power was very good.

As you stated the reason for the swap out is simply the dust. I hate having to clean the wheels all the time, but clearly I don't want to sacrifice stopping power so I need to get good pads too.