'10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs

How many considering the BOSS302?

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/12, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrashTex
I bought a Boss 302 last week! Many dealers are selling at MSRP, though I've seen markups as high as 6k around here (San Antonio, TX). I drove a 2005 BMW 330Ci with Performance Pkg for 7 years, and LOVED the car.... Over that time, I drove several cars and would do serious car shopping once or twice a year-- but nothing could dethrone the champ. Until the Boss came along. A year & a half ago, I was close to buying a 2012 Boss, Performance White, build number 0044. Was *just* out of reach.

Now, sitting outside my office is a 2013 Boss 302, Performance White, build number 0232. It was worth the wait!!

I will say, though, that as a daily driver.... The car constantly tempts you to drop the pedal, listen to the glorious sound of the engine climb furiously & smoothly toward redline, and chuckle as the 9 & a half inch wide Pirelli P Zeros scramble to find traction, 444 ponies unleashed....

When I drive like I'm NOT criminally insane, I get around 21 mpg. But where's the fun in that??
Old 5/30/12, 08:06 AM
Cobra Member

I bought a Boss 302 last week! Many dealers are selling at MSRP, though I've seen markups as high as 6k around here (San Antonio, TX). I drove a 2005 BMW 330Ci with Performance Pkg for 7 years, and LOVED the car.... Over that time, I drove several cars and would do serious car shopping once or twice a year-- but nothing could dethrone the champ. Until the Boss came along. A year & a half ago, I was close to buying a 2012 Boss, Performance White, build number 0044. Was *just* out of reach.

Now, sitting outside my office is a 2013 Boss 302, Performance White, build number 0232. It was worth the wait!!

I will say, though, that as a daily driver.... The car constantly tempts you to drop the pedal, listen to the glorious sound of the engine climb furiously & smoothly toward redline, and chuckle as the 9 & a half inch wide Pirelli P Zeros scramble to find traction, 444 ponies unleashed....

When I drive like I'm NOT criminally insane, I get around 21 mpg. But where's the fun in that??
I love reading stories like these, Congrats man. One day i will be in your shoes. I am chomping at the bit to get one! BTW post some pictures, i could use a nice Wallpaper for my computer in Performance White
Old 5/30/12, 08:19 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice post and nice username. I have the same problem, it is difficult to resist the temptation to mash the pedal. Enjoy the car and congratulations
Old 5/30/12, 11:31 AM

The engineers worked long hours, all the while hoping guys like us would buy the cars and drive them the way God intended.... These cars aren't meant to sit on a shelf, waiting on a collector to add them to a paddock of over-priced, under-utilized trophy cars.... They're meant to be driven. I take great care of the car, and I also push the performance envelope as far as conditions, situations, and my skills allow.
Attached Images  
Old 5/30/12, 12:01 PM

The engineers worked long hours, all the while hoping guys like us would buy the cars and drive them the way God intended.... These cars aren't meant to sit on a shelf, waiting on a collector to add them to a paddock of over-priced, under-utilized trophy cars.... They're meant to be driven. I take great care of the car, and I also push the performance envelope as far as conditions, situations, and my skills allow.
Take it to the track if you havent already, that is where it really shines. I had mine on the track twice last year. Then last weekend I let a colleague drive it (he purchased a track day from me in a charity fundraising auction) and I chased him in a BMW Z4. I was amazed at how flat the car (the Boss) remained in the corners. It is one thing to feel it from inside, but watching from behind it makes a bigger impact
Old 5/30/12, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Take it to the track if you havent already, that is where it really shines. I had mine on the track twice last year. Then last weekend I let a colleague drive it (he purchased a track day from me in a charity fundraising auction) and I chased him in a BMW Z4. I was amazed at how flat the car (the Boss) remained in the corners. It is one thing to feel it from inside, but watching from behind it makes a bigger impact
There's an autocross coming up this Sunday.... Tempted to enter. Wife advises against it since I don't have the recommended 1,000 miles on the car yet (I'm at 750+ right now... so getting close). Anyway, this car will be autocrossed every chance I get. Will also do trackdays as opportunities arise-- as fun as this car is on public roads, can't wait to push its limits (or more likely, my limits) on a track
Old 5/30/12, 01:00 PM

There's an autocross coming up this Sunday.... Tempted to enter. Wife advises against it since I don't have the recommended 1,000 miles on the car yet (I'm at 750+ right now... so getting close). Anyway, this car will be autocrossed every chance I get. Will also do trackdays as opportunities arise-- as fun as this car is on public roads, can't wait to push its limits (or more likely, my limits) on a track
Are you in TX? If so, which part? (of TX, not which part of you)
Old 5/30/12, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Are you in TX? If so, which part? (of TX, not which part of you)
Haha! Yes, I'm in San Antonio. Been here a year-- love it.
Old 5/30/12, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ManInABox
Good luck too man! I just paid off my truck last month....and paid off one of my two credit cards yesterday. I should have the other paid off next month. Then the majority of my funds will be saved for my boss. If i can put down 10-15k i will be in my comfortable note range. And I do the same thing, constantly checking local dealership inventories so i can drive over to drool over them. Good luck man.
Well, I did it, pulled the trigger. I found a lightly "used" 2012 Kona Blue with 156 miles. After much consideration I decided I love the 2013 tail lights but wasn't worth the changes they made to the hood and front and rear bumpers (especially around the license plate, what were they thinking?) I can even live without the updated techy stuff. Not to diminish the sweetness of the 2013, but I decided I like the 12 better. Or I am telling myself that because I couldn't wait anymore :P Travelling to FL to complete the deal, fingers crossed it all goes well! Good luck to you as well!
Old 5/30/12, 04:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by max5ive8

Well, I did it, pulled the trigger. I found a lightly "used" 2012 Kona Blue with 156 miles. After much consideration I decided I love the 2013 tail lights but wasn't worth the changes they made to the hood and front and rear bumpers (especially around the license plate, what were they thinking?) I can even live without the updated techy stuff. Not to diminish the sweetness of the 2013, but I decided I like the 12 better. Or I am telling myself that because I couldn't wait anymore :P Travelling to FL to complete the deal, fingers crossed it all goes well! Good luck to you as well!
Congrats!! And good luck!
Old 5/30/12, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Congrats!! And good luck!
Thank you, I will be sure to post when the car is safe off the carrier!
Old 6/1/12, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

Just got my Boss 302 on Wednesday, the car is far better than I imagined. It will be my daily driver (except in the rain ) and I don't see that being a problem. The car is awesome awesome awesome. But it will certainly attract the attention of law enforcement, therefore govern yourself accordingly....and become close friends with an attorney or at least have someone available, because you will need one.
Old 6/4/12, 06:07 AM

I have an 012 GT about 2500 miles on it asked the dealer about trading it on a new Boss get this 20k and my GT they didn't have one in stock but had a 013 Shelby 500
black, black black everything black including the wheels and stripes. I like black but
it seemed overdone. The 20 k included a 5k rip off charge
Old 6/4/12, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by max5ive8
Was that the one on Ebay in (IIRC) Jacksonville?
Old 6/4/12, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ford20

Was that the one on Ebay in (IIRC) Jacksonville?
Nope. Lakeland. Looked at it today, but banks were closed so tomorrow SHE WILL BE MINE!
Old 6/4/12, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
You lucky son of a ***** hahahaha ,,,, There is one like 60 miles from me that is probably a very low production number judging by the last 6 digits of the VIN number that I want to steal lol
Old 6/4/12, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ford20
You lucky son of a ***** hahahaha ,,,, There is one like 60 miles from me that is probably a very low production number judging by the last 6 digits of the VIN number that I want to steal lol
2012YellowBoss pm'd me about a black LS in Port St Lucie that he can vouch for as a great buy. 2500 miles and asking 47500 I think.