'10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs

How many considering the BOSS302?

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/11, 10:06 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You're not taking a 25mph turn at 75mph, I don't care what you're in.
Damnit, now your gonna have me checking those yellow signs just to see if I can prove you wrong!
Old 12/31/11, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had I not been able to find a boss, I would have been perfectly happy w a base gt with track package and all of the money I saved. Luckily I found an msrp boss and jumped on it.

Track pack with kw clubsports and boss manifold, cai, tune would offer most of the performance.
Old 12/31/11, 05:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Krnnerdboy
Had I not been able to find a boss, I would have been perfectly happy w a base gt with track package and all of the money I saved. Luckily I found an msrp boss and jumped on it.

Track pack with kw clubsports and boss manifold, cai, tune would offer most of the performance.
Yep! I've seen some GT's at the track running pretty dang fast. Until you are a very good driver you probably will not notice a difference. I would like to drive a GT at my track to get a comparison to the Boss.
Old 12/31/11, 06:00 PM

I think its bull that mustangs are so exspensive now days i have a 99mustang i bought it for 2200 is that to much for that year
Old 12/31/11, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mustang krazy
I think its bull that mustangs are so exspensive now days i have a 99mustang i bought it for 2200 is that to much for that year
Sounds like a gret deal for a 99. You could have bought 20 for the price of a Boss
Old 1/1/12, 10:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54

Sounds like a gret deal for a 99. You could have bought 20 for the price of a Boss
I would still take one boss apposed to 20 sixxers
Old 1/1/12, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by cpotts13

I would still take one boss apposed to 20 sixxers
My first Mustang was a 1970 with an inline 6. I wanted the Boss. 41 years later I got one. It is just as fun now as it would have been back then.
Old 3/5/12, 08:57 PM
GT Member

I will be in the market end of 2013 early 2014. Either getting a gt500 or a boss. For me thats going to be a hard decision, power of the shelby is sweet but the collector value of the boss could be even better. It wont be a true DD, but id like to throw a suitcase in the trunk and drive also.

Only reason I'm waiting is to see what 50th anniversary edition holds. Plus need to pay down my truck loan some more.
Old 3/7/12, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Speeddmn
I will be in the market end of 2013 early 2014. Either getting a gt500 or a boss. For me thats going to be a hard decision, power of the shelby is sweet but the collector value of the boss could be even better. It wont be a true DD, but id like to throw a suitcase in the trunk and drive also.

Only reason I'm waiting is to see what 50th anniversary edition holds. Plus need to pay down my truck loan some more.
I'm with you on this. I have different reasons for waiting but very similar all the same. I need to get a house and pay off both cars we have. I still don't know what I will want more though. They both come with a list of options that I want. There is just something striking about the GT500 every time I see one. But the Boss is all about proving a point. I love both. If I could afford both I would. I used to be only Boss but the new GT500 has its claws in.
Old 3/19/12, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Automagically

I'm with you on this. I have different reasons for waiting but very similar all the same. I need to get a house and pay off both cars we have. I still don't know what I will want more though. They both come with a list of options that I want. There is just something striking about the GT500 every time I see one. But the Boss is all about proving a point. I love both. If I could afford both I would. I used to be only Boss but the new GT500 has its claws in.
I'd say get the gt500 if you aren't planning to track regularly. For the street the gt500 has far too many pros to pass up. Of course theirs the collectibility but I doubt we'll see any advantages until a decade from now...
Old 4/21/12, 04:50 AM
Dub

I drive a Dub edition V6, I KNOW! Only 305 hp, fact of the matter is I love the car, yep there's faster , my 32k Canadian could be a 42k 5.0 or a 50k Boss, or a 70k .... Where does it end there will always be faster, but enjoying your ride and customizing it as your own are the best parts of enjoying our mustangs
Old 4/21/12, 05:40 AM
Cobra Member

I am planning on getting a 13' boss in January or Feb. Plenty of time to save up for a hefty down payment and hopefully dealers will be letting these cars go for msrp by then... hahaa wishful thinking...yeah i know. I am just so obsessed with this car it is rediculous. It is such a long time away i don't know if i can wait that long.
Old 4/21/12, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would have loved a boss but I had to buy a car when I graduated last year and the boss had just come out. No dealers around here wanted to part with one without marking it up above msrp. Got my 5.0 just under invoice and love it. Now with the money I saved and money from work I can afford to do some work on it. Love my car just doesn't have the boss name lol

Originally Posted by ManInABox
I am planning on getting a 13' boss in January or Feb. Plenty of time to save up for a hefty down payment and hopefully dealers will be letting these cars go for msrp by then... hahaa wishful thinking...yeah i know. I am just so obsessed with this car it is rediculous. It is such a long time away i don't know if i can wait that long.
Nice avatar! McLaren FTW!!!
Old 4/21/12, 10:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by c0achmke
I say keep yours glass roof etc. Mod it out keep the nice bits get the boss parts you like and want don't lose the money which you will ultimately will lose selling a gt with 1000 miles. I almost bought a 2011 kona premium for 29000 from a dealer. All be it no glass roof hid navi or brembo but still 3-4k off list and they gave the guy 27000 on a trade.
I agree with this ^^^^ If your not into racing or some sort, then your gonna really miss the Plush amenities and options.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 4/21/12 at 06:51 PM.
Old 5/19/12, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love these threads, had to sign up and comment

I also am planning on a '13, and wish you the best of luck. I am freaking crazy about these cars, watch ebay auctions constantly just to see what they are going for, and they are NOT selling what the dealers are asking. I am sure they don't mind having them on their showroom for a while though. But here, I sit, biding my time, chewing my fingers to the bone, and checking my savings account nearly daily, as if it will make it grow faster. BUT, I have successfully convinced the wife this is what we NEED, and I have paid off two cars, and now rolled both payments into a savings account, plus extra. So, hopefully, I get to see the fruits of my waiting in April or May of next year as the price comes down and they are still brand new. Will be for beautiful summer days only to be enjoyed for a lifetime!
Old 5/19/12, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck too man! I just paid off my truck last month....and paid off one of my two credit cards yesterday. I should have the other paid off next month. Then the majority of my funds will be saved for my boss. If i can put down 10-15k i will be in my comfortable note range. And I do the same thing, constantly checking local dealership inventories so i can drive over to drool over them. Good luck man.
Old 5/19/12, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck too man! I just paid off my truck last month....and paid off one of my two credit cards yesterday. I should have the other paid off next month. Then the majority of my funds will be saved for my boss. If i can put down 10-15k i will be in my comfortable note range. And I do the same thing, constantly checking local dealership inventories so i can drive over to drool over them. Good luck man.
Sounds like im in the same boat as you, trying to take care of some stuff so i can get a 2013gt or second hand gt500. I see your from denham!! Im right here in albany,la
Old 5/19/12, 05:59 PM
Cobra Member

WHAT!?!?! My sister lives in Albany! That's crazy!
Old 5/19/12, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

WHAT!?!?! My sister lives in Albany! That's crazy!
Ha ha! Its a small world bro!
Old 5/30/12, 07:52 AM

I bought a Boss 302 last week! Many dealers are selling at MSRP, though I've seen markups as high as 6k around here (San Antonio, TX). I drove a 2005 BMW 330Ci with Performance Pkg for 7 years, and LOVED the car.... Over that time, I drove several cars and would do serious car shopping once or twice a year-- but nothing could dethrone the champ. Until the Boss came along. A year & a half ago, I was close to buying a 2012 Boss, Performance White, build number 0044. Was *just* out of reach.

Now, sitting outside my office is a 2013 Boss 302, Performance White, build number 0232. It was worth the wait!!

I will say, though, that as a daily driver.... The car constantly tempts you to drop the pedal, listen to the glorious sound of the engine climb furiously & smoothly toward redline, and chuckle as the 9 & a half inch wide Pirelli P Zeros scramble to find traction, 444 ponies unleashed....

When I drive like I'm NOT criminally insane, I get around 21 mpg. But where's the fun in that??

Quick Reply: How many considering the BOSS302?