Vapor Silver Vapor Silver 2008 Mustangs

Paint matching??

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/07, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint matching??

Hey all you with the awesome VVVapor. What has been the experiances with color matching mods? I'm planning to switch out my LL Vert with a Vapor coupe. LL sucks to color match and I want to mod up a Vapor coupe. So, how has it been working out and pics would be awesome.
Old 1/17/08, 11:15 PM

I replaced the spoiler with a GT500 one, which I had painted. The paint shop said some colors have variance. Vapor had no issues, the color matches perfectly. But I'm having a new gas filler door painted, and that will stand out even worse if the match isn't perfect. I haven't gotten it back yet to compare.
Old 1/18/08, 12:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the input. Please post how that filler door turns out. Some pics would be great showing your new spoiler.
Old 1/25/08, 12:22 PM

Here are some pictures I took this morning. In certain light conditions, e.g. shade, you can see a slight grain difference, especially with the fuel door. In bright sunlight, it looks a perfect match. The macro shot of the fuel door edge exaggerates the difference a bit. The actual color is close to exact. The difference is in the metallic grain, and is very slight. It is possible that differences in the clearcoat could be causing it too, since they look identical under bright light. It could be that the new part will match even more closely after some sun exposure. As picky as I am, it's not enough to bother me.
Attached Thumbnails Paint matching??-full1.jpg  
Attached Images      
Old 1/26/08, 02:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LaFong
Here are some pictures I took this morning. In certain light conditions, e.g. shade, you can see a slight grain difference, especially with the fuel door. In bright sunlight, it looks a perfect match. The macro shot of the fuel door edge exaggerates the difference a bit. The actual color is close to exact. The difference is in the metallic grain, and is very slight. It is possible that differences in the clearcoat could be causing it too, since they look identical under bright light. It could be that the new part will match even more closely after some sun exposure. As picky as I am, it's not enough to bother me.

Lafong, what wheels are these? are they the Boss wheels? They are very nice.
Old 1/26/08, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Etnix
Lafong, what wheels are these? are they the Boss wheels? They are very nice.
Yes, Boss 336 Gray, thanks.