Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

MCA Poll on the 50th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/12, 07:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation MCA Poll on the 50th Anniversary

Please sign up and vote!!

http://www.mustang.org/showthread.ph...50th-yes-or-no
Old 6/5/12, 12:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave, I don't know what your feelings are about the MCA but several of our club members, myself included, are not very happy with them. Making people have to join the MCA and pay entry fees to the 45th Anniversay Show if you wanted to show your car did not settle well with a lot of people. If the event is to big for them to handle they should get local clubs to help them and if they're worried about the event being too big limit the amount of entries. Car Craft did this back in the 80's & 90's and they used local university football teams as security. I also recently noticed the MCA was now requiring you to be a member if you want your car car judged at a National event. Sorry, but all I see this doing is hurting them.
Old 6/5/12, 09:32 PM

Skip, I agree pal, I have expressed my concerns about several issues and this one is just to special to leave alone.. I my opionion, one show one great show bring everyone together. Its kind of like my club here, the money became more important than the members. We should be able to attend the 50th show no matter if you belong or not and maybe they can mend some of the burnt folks. I fully understand why they went this direction with the duel shows, but....

Which vendors are going to which show, which celebs are going to which show, They wont do both or cant.... It should be central US in the summer like in Detroit at World Headquarters. It will be worth the drive. I know some could not make it if wasnt closer but I also know some arent going because its Easter Weekend also and they wont trade family for anything...
Old 6/5/12, 10:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You know, for the past couple years I've been wishing they would have the 50th in Mustang,Ok. From what I understand it's pretty much in the middle of the country and having been to Tulsa many years ago I have to believe the area is pretty nice. Didn't SAAC use to have their event their? I think they did. There's also the dragstrip that's there. Here's what I think about the MCA and there being 2 Shows. They just want to get more people to join their club and by having the 2 Shows they can accomplish more than by having 1 Show. I will tell you this, if I hear that there will be another Show somewhere celebrating the 50th Anniversary I will go there instead of Charlotte, as long as it's within driveable distance.
So, I just paused for a moment and looked up the 35th Anniversary Show and low and behold it was an MCA event. I guess since I was a member from '99 'til '09 I didn't think about the fact they were charging non-members extra to enter their vehicles, at least not until the last Show. Still doesn't make it right.
Old 6/5/12, 10:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Why doesn't Ford make it their show? Who the heck is MCA? They think they hold the torch for the Mustang but its people like us that do. I don't like organizations like this at all. They get to a point where they are all about raising money to support their infrastructure. It becomes money, money, money. And even if its not really the case, thats always the way it appears to members and the public.
Old 6/5/12, 10:49 PM

I'm trying so hard to maintain a positive attitude about this.. They said, The MCA, they never asked the membership before on the 35, 40, 45, but they only did one show and who ever thought they would split this one up?? If you make any club fun and listen to the members, not just the ones who live in one area, then you win. I posted this up on several forums to show them that the MCA is not the only voice when it comes to the Mustang. Even Sam Haymart said he will not be doing a Mustangs Across America due to this decision. If you know Sam he is not in it for the Money he is in it for the Friends and the Mustang which has brought us together. I hoped we could all go and finally meet so many people I chat with. I was going to make name cards for all TMS Members who went for free just the S/H so we could identify all of us. I guess I still can but who is going to go to which show???
Old 6/6/12, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I read somewhere else this, what about all the Mustang lovers from other countries, what about their delima, which show do they attend. I don't think much thought was put in to this decision to have 2 shows. If you think about it, there are actually 3 shows when you consider that the Knotts Berry Farm Show is the same weekend. Oh yeah Dave, I can see this discussion lasting a while especially if we get more people involved.
Old 6/6/12, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Redbaron93
I read somewhere else this, what about all the Mustang lovers from other countries, what about their delima, which show do they attend. I don't think much thought was put in to this decision to have 2 shows. If you think about it, there are actually 3 shows when you consider that the Knotts Berry Farm Show is the same weekend. Oh yeah Dave, I can see this discussion lasting a while especially if we get more people involved.
Exactly, there are many on this forum that I would love to hear from.. What show are they going to?
Old 6/10/12, 09:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So, I read where the Knott's Berry Farm Ford Show will be held the weekend before so as not to conflict with Easter weekend.
Old 6/10/12, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Redbaron93
So, I read where the Knott's Berry Farm Ford Show will be held the weekend before so as not to conflict with Easter weekend.
Thats correct, Knott's never has the Fab Fords on Easter.... Thats for an obvious reason....
Old 6/10/12, 06:23 PM

This just in.... Possibly Fords Event, still not public but keep July 4th 2014 open... A little birdie just tweeted in my ear as to calm all the emails coming into Ford...
Old 6/11/12, 06:19 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If Ford does the event that's where I will go right now the wife and I plan on going to Vegas. We live in Oklahoma so the choice is pretty difficult what about Dallas Motor speedway? Central US and they have a track.
Old 6/11/12, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by RaceRedGT
If Ford does the event that's where I will go right now the wife and I plan on going to Vegas. We live in Oklahoma so the choice is pretty difficult what about Dallas Motor speedway? Central US and they have a track.
Agreed or how about the new Austin Race Course???? The F1 race will be there along with the V8 Supercars from Australia!
Old 6/27/12, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not crazy about the idea of splitting into two events either but I can see where hauling that far is tough for many due to finances, taking time off, etc. I want to bring my American Iron car (96 Cobra-track car only) so I'd be towing no matter where it is. I've been to Charlotte so many times and run on the track so we plan to go to Vegas. (~36 hrs from DC). I attended the Mustang 30th, 35th, 40th, and 45th shows plus the centennial at FORD in 03.

I don't really have a problem with MCA making you sign up. Maybe it's bc I've been a member for more than 20 years. I'm not that old, I'm Gen-Xer, in my 30s. Anyway, it's a small fee. You are supporting the MCA who has done a lot for the Mustang hobby including write the rules that all Mustang clubs use for judging at shows and they've done a lot to preserve the history of the Mustang.

Besides, it's probably a little late to change now. I'm sure the officers worked on this decision for months (or years). Maybe they can defend/discuss their decision.
Old 6/27/12, 01:24 PM

There is a poll o the MCA web site and the gap is closing on one show verses 2. The fact is they didnt consult the membership. They have never done a dual show and who would have thought they would do one now. 35th, 40th, 45th? All one show Besides Ford is doing "The Celebration" on the 4th of July in Dearborn, wait for it.... There is its. That feel good feeling agian.... MCA#45314