Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Suspension Clunk update

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08 | 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I took mine to my dealer and they gave me the shaft, so i took it to another local dealer and they were nothing short of professional. They gave me updates throughout the day and had the car ready as promised. BUT! the squeak went away for a little bit, but returned again. They called me back in and replaced the control arm again and the struts and still had the noise. I noticed that after some rainfall here in L.A., it went away but as soon as it dried up, the noise returned.

No idea how they are related. So it's back again, and I'm not happy, so need to set aside time to go back in.
Old 2/14/08 | 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

sounds like it just needs some lube
Old 2/18/08 | 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unbelievable - Dropped off my car this weekend after direction from Ford corporate and just got off the phone with the dealer’s engineer/top dog dude. This is what he said:
- Engine ticking is normal
- Suspension clunk is normal, they couldn’t hear anything, and they said that the new upper strut mounts were incorporated into all 07s, they test drove another 07 CS and it was the same
- Hood scoop not flush, they said that the other CS was the same way…they cannot get it flush
- Rear end vibration and hum, they rotated the drive shaft 180 degrees and the problem went away
- Bumper cover discoloration, they said that all their white cars have the same problem because the different way the paint looks on plastic and metal

Needless to say, this is the last Ford product I will ever own.
Old 2/18/08 | 03:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Took mine in for the same thing, told them to check the strut mounts, they said that it was the control arm bushing and replaced that, then drove after their fix and said it needed strut mounts, like I first told them to do. Dealers will fix things, you just have to be persistent!!
Old 2/18/08 | 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Unbelievable - Dropped off my car this weekend after direction from Ford corporate and just got off the phone with the dealer’s engineer/top dog dude. This is what he said:
- Engine ticking is normal
- Suspension clunk is normal, they couldn’t hear anything, and they said that the new upper strut mounts were incorporated into all 07s, they test drove another 07 CS and it was the same
- Hood scoop not flush, they said that the other CS was the same way…they cannot get it flush
- Rear end vibration and hum, they rotated the drive shaft 180 degrees and the problem went away
- Bumper cover discoloration, they said that all their white cars have the same problem because the different way the paint looks on plastic and metal

Needless to say, this is the last Ford product I will ever own.
The front end suspension clunking is an issue I had and got resolved. Ford became aware of the issue mid year 2007 and those vehicles built around March 1 of 2007 already had the fix. It included a bar spanning across the lower control arms and a revised upper strut mount. The mounts are not expensive, and they are NOT on all 2007 Mustangs, just those built in the spring and newer.

Read this thread if you really want to know all about this issue.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_22973...tm.htm#2297319
Old 2/19/08 | 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Embalmer
The front end suspension clunking is an issue I had and got resolved. Ford became aware of the issue mid year 2007 and those vehicles built around March 1 of 2007 already had the fix. It included a bar spanning across the lower control arms and a revised upper strut mount. The mounts are not expensive, and they are NOT on all 2007 Mustangs, just those built in the spring and newer.

Read this thread if you really want to know all about this issue.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_22973...tm.htm#2297319
How do I find out if my vehicle was built before/after the fix. The dealer says mine had it done, but I don't believe a peep they say anymore.
Old 2/19/08 | 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

If you have your original window sticker, look in the lower right hand corner, all the way at the bottom is a box. It has printed language that starts with: "This label affixed....."
This box contains numbers, to include, what appears to be, a date. Mine reads: "07 19 06". I am "assuming" this is the build date or at least the date the sticker was affixed at the factory.

Hope this helps. Good luck.