Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Service at my dealer sucks rant...

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/08, 10:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service at my dealer sucks rant...

All;

Went to the dealer this morning to get interior trim replaced and get the exhaust TSB taken care of. I have 13k on the car, but warranty delete kicks in on 6/22/08.

They did the trim, but initially refused to touch the exhaust because it has Flowmaster axle-backs, which were installed by the previous owner. Keep in mind that they sold me the car with the Flows installed.

After hunting down my salesman and explaining the issue, he was able to "persuade" the service writers to accept it as a warranty claim.

Am I the only one that goes through this stuff, or are all dealers this difficult?
Old 6/11/08, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i hear you. it depends on who and where you are. i have always had a good relationship with my dealer and if they give me trouble i go to the GM. i get things done then. but in fairness they are pretty honest on what they do. even went out of their way to take care of my TSB on the airbags and also my mothers 05 when we were passing thru. 30mins and we were out. i wait longer than that sometimes for an oil change that i had scheduled.