Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Redstang in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/07, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redstang in the shop

Took the stang in because eng. check light on. Car is run fine. The shop cleared the codes and said the engineers are looking at the fuel system. Already had the fuel tank replaced. Tech said the check light might come back. He will call when the engineers have a fix.
Old 1/5/07, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

My check engine light just came on. i had low fuel. about 45 miles to empty. then it came on. i got gas and it still stayed on. im gonna go and have it checked out tomorrow. i think it is the fuel sender. have them check that. i already had that replaced and a new fuel tank installed. new fuel sender coming. i hope.
Old 1/6/07, 12:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redstang
Took the stang in because eng. check light on. Car is run fine. The shop cleared the codes and said the engineers are looking at the fuel system. Already had the fuel tank replaced. Tech said the check light might come back. He will call when the engineers have a fix.
What year is your Mustang? If it's a 2005 they had a TSB on this problem.
I had a similer problem with my car, took it in and they cleared the codes.
When the light came back on again I took the car back to the dealer and they found a valve in the emissions system that would stick open once in awhile causing the CEL light to come on. They ordered the part and when it came in I took the car back and they replaced the part and I was back on the road in less then an hour.

Originally Posted by 05mustangman
My check engine light just came on. i had low fuel. about 45 miles to empty. then it came on. i got gas and it still stayed on. im gonna go and have it checked out tomorrow. i think it is the fuel sender. have them check that. i already had that replaced and a new fuel tank installed. new fuel sender coming. i hope.
I still have the origional gas tank in my 05 Mustang. When I first got the car I had problems filling the tank and thought about replacing the tank, but after reading about the replacement causing more problems I decided to stay with the tank I have. I usually get gas at the same station and use the same pump and never have a problem.
Old 1/6/07, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a 2005 GT and the code that it is getting in P0456
Also the fuel pump has been replaced.