Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

OK, I need to vent. Tire issue warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/07, 08:05 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adam8g
Boy I am glad I don’t work some place where I have to deal with people like you.
Open your glove box and READ.

Wear items covered by warranty?
You driving a BMW?

Tires bald – rear only – 13,000 miles
(wow – you must be SO attentive – not noticing…)

Yeah – sounds like a defect – look in mirror to see it.
Sorry for the rant, they messed up a few other things today and I am just hot.
Boy you're just all sorts of helpful aren't ya.......
Old 9/21/07, 04:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire warranties are useless. I've tried before and never had any luck. Tire shops won't honor them if they didn't sell the tires. Dealers usually won't budge because it's your word against theirs and they hold all the cards.
Old 9/21/07, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When we bought our mustang we got tire waranties through our dealer.. they have replaced 3 so far in 65k miles. All 3 were nails/screws near the edge (40 mile to work with construction zones doesn't help)

BTW.. we keep our factory 17" tires at 35psi (it helps the mpg)

At one change they wanted us to wait a couple days for the tire install.. I told them that they had plenty of tires on the lot.. All they had to do was take a tire off a new mustang. They gave us a rental instead (its 35 miles from the house to the dealer).

Since then I've just bought take-offs (I have 6 left) and I use those. I pull the tires/rims when we are down to 3/32 and sell them at the swap meet for $150-$200 a set which makes my total cost for 4 tires on rims is < $350 a set. I've only sold one set so far, but will be selling a 2nd set soon.

~Mark
Old 9/25/07, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, in any event, tires are tires. Mine are worn but after talking with a few different places the thought is even though they are worn they are worn evenly and generally wouldn't cause the amount of vibration I am getting.

I have been under the car a bunch of times now and can't find anything loose that would cause it however I did notice on the right front rotor there are two grooves in it. One is at the edge and the other near the middle. I have also noted when the brakes are applied at higher speeds (E.G. slowing down to exit off a highway I can feel an extra vibration from the RF. I have also noticed the overall vibration isn't consistant. Sometimes it's bad and other times it's hardly there. I am thinking I may have a warped rotor however the front wheels do spin with no resistance when raised off the floor and spun.

Good time to get some drilled/slotted rotors I suppose.
Old 9/25/07, 07:25 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Gary - if you wanted to try a quick experiement to lock down that as the culprit, I have a fairly new set of stock rotors just sitting in my garage from when I put POWERSLOTS on my old 05 - I could hand one off to you to use and see if the vibrations stops

(those grooves you mentioned don't sound right...)

DAVE

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Well, in any event, tires are tires. Mine are worn but after talking with a few different places the thought is even though they are worn they are worn evenly and generally wouldn't cause the amount of vibration I am getting.

I have been under the car a bunch of times now and can't find anything loose that would cause it however I did notice on the right front rotor there are two grooves in it. One is at the edge and the other near the middle. I have also noted when the brakes are applied at higher speeds (E.G. slowing down to exit off a highway I can feel an extra vibration from the RF. I have also noticed the overall vibration isn't consistant. Sometimes it's bad and other times it's hardly there. I am thinking I may have a warped rotor however the front wheels do spin with no resistance when raised off the floor and spun.

Good time to get some drilled/slotted rotors I suppose.
Old 9/25/07, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke0011
Hey Gary - if you wanted to try a quick experiement to lock down that as the culprit, I have a fairly new set of stock rotors just sitting in my garage from when I put POWERSLOTS on my old 05 - I could hand one off to you to use and see if the vibrations stops

(those grooves you mentioned don't sound right...)

DAVE
Dave, thanks! I have a week until I get the car back (in the bodyshop getting the paintwork fixed). I have a quote from Rotorpros for a set of "bling" which is on my list of mods but testing it out with yours is a good idea.

I'll give you a buzz. Busy this weekend?