Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

New Recall On 2005 - 2008 Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/08, 01:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This recall does not apply to me, mine arrived, by truck on the day after thanksgiving 04
Old 3/23/08, 04:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm good too!
Old 3/23/08, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
Has anyone received a notice in the mail yet on this recall? I haven't, and I thought Ford was supposed to start notifying us early this month.
Got mine Sat.My dealer is 30 miles away Going to call and make sure he can do it while I wait.like some of you guys.I don't want to leave the car there for something that takes a couple of minutes
Old 3/23/08, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

By the way, I contacted Ford Europe and they let me 3 weeks wait for a reply. You know what the reply was? Please contact Dearborn... Cool, huh?
Old 3/24/08, 09:22 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking about not bothering with it either. I just called the Ford Delaership that I bought my Mustang from back in September, and the Service Manager said it would take 2 hours to do!

I was concerned for my girl friend since she's only 5'3", but she always wears her seatbelt and doesn't seat with the seat all the way forward like is mentioned in the recall. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it to burn up 2 hours just to get something like that done?

Never mind guys. After discussing it with my GF we deceided that I should just wait and get the recall done at the same time as any maintenance etc is done in the future. Because otherwise, I would have most of my day off burned up waiting around at the Dealership. Errr!

Same here. Nobody EVER rides in my car with no seatbelt. I might have it done anyway, since it is free and I need to take it in anyway to have a few other things checked on. Plus I get a free carwash every time it is there, so that's a bonus.

Last edited by Falchion; 3/24/08 at 06:56 PM.
Old 3/26/08, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
I was thinking about not bothering with it either. I just called the Ford Delaership that I bought my Mustang from back in September, and the Service Manager said it would take 2 hours to do!
I'm taking my car in tomorrow for the recall work. The service tech I spoke with quoted only 1.5 hours. But I'll still take a few books and some tunes just in case it runs a little longer.
Old 3/26/08, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am pretty sure some other members who have had this procedure done said it only takes about 5 minutes once they actually hook it up to the machine. Most of the 2 hours would likely be waiting for them to get the car in the shop.
Old 3/26/08, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I had mine done this afternoon. I was at the dealer about 1/2 hour but the process only took about 15 minutes. I am also having then replace the rear emblem where the CS is peeling off. They had to order it and it should take about an hour to replace.

What do they do for the exhaust rattle as mine does it only when the car is cold. Since it has to go back for the emblem maybe I should have them look at the rattle but I want to tell them what is needed, so they don't do something not needed.
Old 3/27/08, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
What do they do for the exhaust rattle as mine does it only when the car is cold. Since it has to go back for the emblem maybe I should have them look at the rattle but I want to tell them what is needed, so they don't do something not needed.
Here is the forum thread that discusses the exhaust rattle TSB. The TSB is a date extension of the prior TSB.

They have to remove the exuast isolator mounts that were used to install the exaust at the factory. Supposedly they aren't necessary after the exhaust is installed and it is easier to leave them in place than to take the mounts out at the factory.

Guess it's cheaper to do the work on the fraction of the cars that go back to the dealer for the TSB than it would be for every car coming off the production line?

EDIT: I had the dealer techs check the rattle out when I had some transmission work done under warranty last month and they said the rattle was normal gear change noise. My guess is the car wasn't cold when they checked for it and if I bring the TSB in with me they'll actually find it this time.

Last edited by Dixie_Flatline; 3/27/08 at 09:49 AM.
Old 3/27/08, 11:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
EDIT: I had the dealer techs check the rattle out when I had some transmission work done under warranty last month and they said the rattle was normal gear change noise. My guess is the car wasn't cold when they checked for it and if I bring the TSB in with me they'll actually find it this time.
Never trust the techs (or anyone) at the dealer. Whenever I take my car in for a TSB, I always take a hard copy with me and tell them that they're going to do what the TSB says.

The dealer does get reimbursed by Ford for the work, but I believe that they make more $$$ by doing maintenance and repair than doing warranty and tsb stuff.

I know that my dealer will try to misdirect my concerns if given the chance, so I just don't give him that chance.
Old 4/4/08, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am pretty sure some other members who have had this procedure done said it only takes about 5 minutes once they actually hook it up to the machine. Most of the 2 hours would likely be waiting for them to get the car in the shop.
When I went in to get my o8co2 re-program done , I talked to the tech who did the "plug and play " with a lap-top plugged into its " ALDL " port, and he told me that Ford pays him .2 hours to affect the re-program . Thats just 12 minutes .
Old 4/7/08, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

so they don't open the hood on this one right? cuz i'd prefer that they don't see the C&L on there and make a note of it and the fact that it prob has a tune, ya know?
Old 4/7/08, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
so they don't open the hood on this one right? cuz i'd prefer that they don't see the C&L on there and make a note of it and the fact that it prob has a tune, ya know?
They open the drivers door, sit down, plug a lap-top into the ALDL plug socket under the dash near the steering column and push a few buttons, and "voila! " --- done !
They didn't even have to move the car to do it .
Old 6/15/08, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Wow, good thing I'm catching up... I'm on the list with mine...
Old 7/21/08, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool EZ FIX!!

"Piece Of Cake"!! Took CalStang in for dealers look at both of the fog lights hazing up and also had the passenger air reprogram recall done too. Max 15 minutes on this. Tech sat in drivers seat, plugged in under the dash and ( 5 min.) zap! Done. EZ FIX!!
Old 12/23/08, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dig this one up. Got this done today. It went fine, they didn't jack up my computer, and the tech that drove my car around back only revved it once really loud. The cashier told me "this will be no charge". Cool.