Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

my '05 is leaking

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/10, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my '05 is leaking

Okay, I saw the thread about the '05 GT Vert having water leaking problems and them having water on the passenger side floor. I have a similar problem now happening in my '05 GT Coupe.

Two days ago I was driving to work, lately here in FL. we have been having some killer rainstorms especially in the Tampa Bay area, and it happened. As I went up the parking ramp of the parking garage at work I heard a sloshing sound. When I looked at my passenger floor board it sounded like someone poured a small bucket of water out onto the carpet and I immediately noticed a puddle at least a couple of inches deep on the floor. Unfortunately it kept raining the rest of the day and the following day. The night of the incident I put the car in the garage to try and find the problem.

I took the passenger footwell plastic off and climbed under the dashboard to look up and see if I can see a water path. There is no water path. I searched the forums and am making this post to see if someone can help me. All you DIYers on this site seem to usually have more knowledge than a technician for Ford.

The car stinks like mildew now and I didn't see a water trail anywhere other than initial droplets falling off off the plastic under the dashboard when it happened. So now I'm imploring you for help.

Is there something I should be looking for? Do I need to take apart the plastic parts on the outer cowl? Do I need to take my entire dashboard apart? Do I need to do all of the above?

I have all day Fri. off to work on the problem and dissect the car.

As always, thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

-Frank
Old 8/26/10, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/f739/wa...t-vert-483404/

check the last post
Old 8/26/10, 11:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford has a Technical Service Bullitin addressing that issue. TSB 07-14-06.
Old 8/26/10, 01:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Water leak

Mine leaked and I used the Ford TSB to fix. I found the problem to be the outer black window molding which had a bad foam seal. I unscrewed the molding, used a clear RTV sealant, and done. It took me months to get rid of the mildew smell. I used two of the Groitt garage one time use ordor eliminator kits. All is good now. Good luck!
Old 8/26/10, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies guys! I totally missed that last page Glenn. Prolly in my worry I just missed it.

Data, thanks for the TSB#. I've never used a TSB before. I know, pretty pathetic.

Roger, thanks for the info about the mildew eliminator kits. I will definitely use it.

On a side note, I haven't had this issue before but I did have my windshield replaced recently due to someone putting a rock through it. Heh. Could they have not sealed it right? I mean it was raining hard after I got the windshield and it didn't do it it immediately. I'm just paranoid cause i already had the door panels peel off. Ugh.

Again, thank you three for immediate answers and suggestions.