Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Misfire Help.

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/11, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misfire Help.

Okay. This has been an ongoing problem, so I will start from the beginning.

First off. The car is an 06 GT, 5-speed with about 54,000 miles on it. My mods are a JLT CAI with a Bamachip tune, and MAC Axleback exhaust. These mods have been on the car for over 3 years now, so I doubt they have anything to do with the problem I am having.

About a month ago, my mustang sat for 2 days because of a big snow store. Nothing major, well the 3rd day I started my car up and let it run for about 10 mins while I cleaned it off. Then got in and started driving to work. Well it felt a little sluggish but thought maybe it was just still really cold. About 5 mins of driving my Engine Light came on. Once I got to work I check the code (I work at a Auto Parts Store) and it was a O2 Stuck Lean Bank 1. On my lunch then I drove it back home and my engine light started flashing. I pull out my SCT Tuner and scan it. Showing Cyl 2, Cyl 2 Misfires, and Random Cylinder Misfire. So I have it towed to the dealership to be looked at. They said I had 3 cracked spark plugs (54k miles on the car), and they replaced all 8. 2 of which was broke off in the head and had to be extracted. So long store short...8 new plugs, diagnostic, and a Mobil 1 Oil Change cost me $544.

So the car has ran fine for the past month. Well Monday I was really low on fuel, like 20 miles to empty and stopped and filled up. About 5-10 mins after that my car started shaking on acceleration like there was a miss, but no light. I went to work and bought a bottle of HEET thinking I either got a bad tank of gas, or since my tank was so low ice formed in my tank, broke loose and now I got water in it that way. Well the car sat again Tues and Wed do to the huge ice storm. Today it was the same, and now the check engine light came on. Cylinder 8 Misfire. Do you think this is because of the possible water in the gas? Or something else. I won't have a chance to actually pull the plug out and look at it till Sunday. Do you guys recommend that I try siphoning all the gas out, and refilling it back up with fresh gas?

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!