Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I got a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/06, 05:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael I am so sorry to hear you are sick. I sure hope you get well soon so you can go get your new car. I got mine back yesterday....so far so good. The engineer found the problem right off and they fixed it. Did the dealership send an Ford engineer to look at yours??? I didn't recall reading that unless I just missed it somewhere. I really didn't want to go thur the buy back program again....I know you are going thur it.....and it is a pain...my heart goes out to you on that. Get well.
Old 1/14/06, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the kind words.

Well I called Ford over and over and they won't even return my calls. I have no idea Why it is taking so long for them to authorize me to pick up my new car.

Has any of you had this much trouble with this level of customer service from anyone before? :bang:
Old 1/14/06, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

I know when I did a buy back several years ago it did take some time. It seemed like it was never going to happen, but I did a buy back not a replacement. I really hate that you are having all this trouble first with the car not getting a new one. Also I thought I would let you know that I got my Stang back yesterday.....we toke her on a long run today and she did not give us a bit of trouble. It was such a pretty day here and we wanted to test her out and I must say she past the test. And thank you for all of your support. Good Luck !!
Old 1/14/06, 10:19 PM
GT Member

wow, sorry to hear that man.

good luck with everything...hope it all works out in the end.

keep us posted
Old 1/14/06, 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I know waiting is not one of my strong suits. Yet I believe I have been very patient with these people. I just wish they would call me every once and a while and give me a status on what is going on with this thing. Is that too much to ask?

I'm starting to look forward in to getting my Fusion. I want a red one just like the one in the commercials. You know the put your life in D ones.

Kind of funny I'm getting a red Fire Fusion with leather black interior and all the goodies for the same price as a striped out Mustang. At least I'll be in well optioned car. Won't be as fast or as cool but I got to make the bast out of this horrific nightmare.
Old 1/23/06, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Well it seems it may be at an end today. The car I ordered came in to replace the Mustang and the paperwork is in place.

Finally this horrible ordeal has come to an end.
Old 1/23/06, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

I hope the Fusion is problem free. I know you're going to miss the Mustang, but not the problems and the ordeal you've been through. Too bad they couldn't have fixed the problem.

Good luck!
Old 1/23/06, 08:08 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Fusion is a pretty neat little car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 1/23/06, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Bad motor mounts?
Old 1/26/06, 12:02 AM

check your rpm at the speed that the vibration is happening, then put the car in neutral at a stop, and rev the engine to the rpm that it was vibrating at, and then show ford, mine does the same but i have not took it to the dealer yet, being stationed germany i want to see what the problem is first then take to one of the german ford dealers.
Old 1/27/06, 05:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lodom@January 11, 2006, 2:41 PM
I think one reason you might be seeing a lot of V6 Mustangs is the rental fleet returns. I believe Hertz rents Mustangs, and the market gets flooded with many rental models after they accumulate about 15-20k miles. This really hurts the resale.

I doubt the GTs are more problem free, but rental companys probably don't get the V8's and as a percentage of the total Mustang sales, you'd be less likely to see them on used car lots anyway.

Whatever car you get, I hope it is problem free! I'm not saying Hondas are problem free, but they don't sell to rental agencies and this keeps their value up.

I've gotten rid of 2 cars in the past that couldn't be fixed before the lemon laws came into place, and one of them was a Honda.
Yup, yup, yup and yup. I actually know more people that lemoned imports over domestics. heck my RX7TT burst into flames for crying out loud.

And the used cars are from rental cars. We bought 10 or 12 of them from hertz early this fall, all V6 autos. They always sell thier cars less then 2 years old to dealers. Still to this date in January-total 06 mustangs in stock-36 January 2004-135
Old 1/27/06, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scarpi@January 23, 2006, 8:29 PM
Bad motor mounts?
I think they replaced them already. Those mounts are so monsterous for the V6 they would have to be bad enough to the point the motor would jump around at idle too. To me it sounds like the pinion crush sleeve or bearing is bad or not set properly in the rear. At certain speeds the car will vibrate and you can see the ocilation in your mirror. You can feel it in your bum in a high level vibration that kinda 'rolls' like rrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr Could be a driveshaft or yoke too, but I think they replaced that already I'm surprised they went right for the tranny, thats rarely ever the cause of a 'deep' vibration problem.

In a manual car its easy to feel because you push in the clutch and it still vibrates the same way=rear end or possibly driveshaft problem. I guess you could put it in N on an auto at highway speed(or whatever speed it shows up in) to try it.

And how come this stuff NEVER happens at our dealership There's never any drama or mustangs with wierd issues here. And since when does another dealer not take in a new ford with issues?? We fix cars for everyone around here(carmax is a big one with us), and sometimes other dealers bring thier vehicles here for a 2nd oppinion on something way out of the ordinary, mostly on heavy trucks though because of our equipment.
Old 1/27/06, 08:29 PM
V6 Member

Hey Michael I was just checking on U.....to see how things were going. Did you get the Fusion??? I really like those cars they look sweet (as my daughter says)....lol. Keep in touch.
Good Luck. And my stang seems to be problem free, she is running like a tiger.
Old 1/28/06, 06:33 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
forgot if I asked before...but did they check crossmember/tranny mount part numbers? I saw somewhere how some v6/v8 cars got interchanged causing vibration(theres only one u-joint, so if tranny not in line with carrier bearing you get driveshaft velocity changes twice per rev...). I still think its oddly expensive of ford to put a ujoint/carrier/2 cv joints where a normal driveshaft would appear to do the job just as well...
Old 2/14/06, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

I got my new Fusion and got it to 1500 miles so right away I'm stoked about that. Seems to be way more solid the Mustang so far. No issues to report.

Hopefully it won't fall apart anytime soon. Ford gave me a 7-year 60,000 with the car to help ease the painful transition. So if it does I have some cushion.

I have to say being at the end of this horridness ordeal that if they would have been way more accommodating about customer service they would have a customer come back to them. Since I have seen what Ford does to its customers when they have issues with their products. I will probably never buy a new car from them again. I'll just ride this Fusion until it begins to give me trouble and trade it in on a Toyota or Honda when that time comes.

I just hope people read this topic if looking for a new Mustang and think a little before making the purchase. I hope for those who already have one that your cars never have problem one and if you do I pray they treat you with allot more respect and curtsey then was shown to me.

This is my last post on this issue. I will be getting an old Mustang down the road and may be back on here in the classic section. Everyone have happy travels and God speed.
Old 2/14/06, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Sad to see you go Michael! I understand though.
I've only had my car less than two months and am starting to have issues. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't really matter though. You see, I WANT a Mustang so I'll put up with just about anything to keep it.
To be fair, I've had at least 4 new cars and every single one had issues that bothered me. Too many to even list. With those cars I never spent over $10k no matter what. I have also bought used vechicles - too many to count and have had a "zillion" things go wrong. I've never owned a car that didn't have something wrong with it during the first year I had it. A fair number of them had serious issues that were a real pain to get fixed and some never got repaired properly at all.
I guess if this Mustang fell completely apart I'd change my mind, but short of it literally falling to pieces I'll put up with just about ANYTHING. I won't be happy, but that's the way it is.
You see, I've always wanted one, and now that I have one you'll have to pry my baby from my cold dead fingers.
Sadly for me, Ford knows that.
I'm in trouble!

Joe
Old 2/14/06, 05:03 PM
FR500 Member

Hope the Fusion works out for you. Kind of sad to see the loss of brand loyalty "unfolding right before one's eyes" so to speak. I can understand why you'd stick with the older Mustangs - most of their problem areas are extensively documented with proven remedies and fixes. I wish these kinds of crappy product, dealership, and company experiences could be forwarded "straight to the top" - maybe some real change could be made in the domestics' approach to designing and building vehicles in the future. Anyway, happy motoring with the new car and hope you find a good older Mustang to get your "fix"!
Old 2/16/06, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VintagMustang302 @ February 14, 2006, 10:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hopefully it won't fall apart anytime soon. Ford gave me a 7-year 60,000 with the car to help ease the painful transition. So if it does I have some cushion.
[/b][/quote]
I think that's where I'd have had to pull the Glock out. "Wow, an extended warranty. Great, cos I've heard Ford's warranty service is an industry leader!". I wonder if they threw that in just to deliberately rub salt in the wound?!?

Happy motoring. I hope that warranty ends up being a waste of paper (ie, you entire ownership of the Fusion is toyotally painless)! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 11:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VintagMustang302 @ November 14, 2005, 7:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I wanted to 2005 Mustang ever since it was a concept. Finally got to the point where I could by one and when I bought it and I have had nothing but trouble since day one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

The car has been back to the dealership 4 times for the same problems. I have a Vibration in the drive train at Highway speeds.
They replaced the driveshaft 3 times, the gears, axels, Muffler brackets, Tranny mounts, and a Tranny dampner. All of which did not fix the problem.

They have to fly down a Ford engineer to come look at this car cause the dealership can't figure out the issue. I'm getting really frustrated cause I have had the car since August and barely been able to drive it.

I just wish they would just give me a new car and send this one back to Ford. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] This is my first new car and the Dealership has really ruined the new car experience for me. They keep calling me and saying the car is ready and when I pick it up it's not fixed. The last trip I made over there they were saying I was going to have to live with it. I blew up on them and said they were going to fix my car or give me a new one on the lot. At that point they decided to fly in the engineer. Personally I’m tried of playing and just want a working new car.

Has anyone else had issues like this and what did you have to finally do to resolve it. Not here to complain just wish I could find a way to get a working 2005 Mustang.
[/b][/quote]

I am having a lot of issues with my car also... I have a friend in the service department so I am getting them taken care of...

- Dash Rattled
- Front end popping sound
- Skipper 500
- New fuel tank
- New rear end
- New door handles
- Trunk would not pop open
- Door locks and trunk release cycled going down the freeway (has not done it since they installed the new trunk release)
- Loud clicking in the automatic shifter release mechanism

Fine and dandy now while the car is under warranty... but what happens at 36k miles and it starts to fall apart again!!!