Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I am SOOO ****ED right now! (buzz from door panel)

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/06, 09:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I am SOOO ****ED right now! (buzz from door panel)

So, last night after listening to it this whole week, I decided I could not take it anymore! This week I have been having a buzz coming from what seems the drivers door panel under full throttle. INCREDIBLY annoying. So annoying, these kinds of things make me want to sell the car. Then, I simply go onto message boards of imports like the G35, etc and find similar issues which calms me down a little.

Back on topic - someone had the door panel removal instructions in pdf, can you please post these? I removed every screw, including the two hex screws and it still seemed like it was hanging up.

I did this all in a very poor lit garage last night and just noticed this morning that I added a little tear to the edge of my premium trim armrest when trying to put the window switch panel back in - I'm an idiot.

Anyways, the instructions and some advice as to what it may be would be great because I can't take it for much longer.

So far I have removed my seatbelt assembly - not that. Padded up my A-pillar, and by the way on the 07, Ford is already putting a piece of felt under the front corner of the dash top. On the door panel, I put foam behind the little plate behind the door handle and door pull.

Still have the buzz!!!
Old 11/17/06, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't recall seeing this as being one of the 'usual problems', like the dash rattle or tank fill up issue. Why not have the dealer find the trouble...surely still under warranty, yes?
Old 11/17/06, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by John SCB
I don't recall seeing this as being one of the 'usual problems', like the dash rattle or tank fill up issue. Why not have the dealer find the trouble...surely still under warranty, yes?
I have dealerphobia. If I took it in for that, there would more than likely be another issue that they created from quick and careless work.
Old 11/17/06, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not familiar with the S197 door panels, but if there is any exposed styrofoam behind the panel coming into contact with the door frame, you'll get a squeek. I have used duct tape and totally covered the door panels in a 95 GT and a 2002 vette, which stopped the squeeks.
Old 11/17/06, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lodom
I'm not familiar with the S197 door panels, but if there is any exposed styrofoam behind the panel coming into contact with the door frame, you'll get a squeek. I have used duct tape and totally covered the door panels in a 95 GT and a 2002 vette, which stopped the squeeks.
thanks for the tip. I am going to adress every area to be safe - once I find out the proper way of removing the panel with adding further damage.
Old 11/17/06, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thecarguy
once I find out the proper way of removing the panel with adding further damage.
Door Panel removal
Old 11/17/06, 12:14 PM
Cobra Member

So, last night after listening to it this whole week, I decided I could not take it anymore! This week I have been having a buzz coming from what seems the drivers door panel under full throttle. INCREDIBLY annoying. So annoying, these kinds of things make me want to sell the car. Then, I simply go onto message boards of imports like the G35, etc and find similar issues which calms me down a little.
It's funny how a lot of import lovers start pointing fingers at the Mustang saying "see, that shows you the cheap and poor quality junk Ford makes, I would never buy a domestic!" when there is a complaint about a rattle, but then people with more expensive imports have the same problems that Mustang owners do.
Old 11/17/06, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LBJay
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Wish I would have had this sooner and I wouldn't have messed up my arm rest.
Old 11/17/06, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Back on topic - someone had the door panel removal instructions in pdf, can you please post these? I removed every screw, including the two hex screws and it still seemed like it was hanging up.

I did this all in a very poor lit garage last night and just noticed this morning that I added a little tear to the edge of my premium trim armrest when trying to put the window switch panel back in - I'm an idiot.

Anyways, the instructions and some advice as to what it may be would be great because I can't take it for much longer.

So far I have removed my seatbelt assembly - not that. Padded up my A-pillar, and by the way on the 07, Ford is already putting a piece of felt under the front corner of the dash top. On the door panel, I put foam behind the little plate behind the door handle and door pull.

Still have the buzz!!!
I have exactly the same buzz coming from driver door. I removed the panel but couldn't find it. If you find something please post here. Thanks!
Old 11/17/06, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hk2006
I have exactly the same buzz coming from driver door. I removed the panel but couldn't find it. If you find something please post here. Thanks!
Oh man, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me! I will definetly post if I find it. Thing is though, I will probably go nuts with some foam tape etc, so if it does go away it will be hard to pin point what it actually was - unless obvious.
Old 11/17/06, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

If your tear in your leather armrest is very noticeable, you can have someone repair the leather. Sounds weird, I know, but I was talking with a guy who has had it done. He had a small tear in a seat and contacted an outfit through his dealer that could repair the tear. He said when it was done you couldn't tell it had ever happened - just thought I'd mention it, you may can find a similar service available in your area. Here's a website of a company here that does leather repair so you can get an idea... www.leatherfixaustin.com . Hope this helps and good luck tracking down the buzz!
Old 11/17/06, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your sure it's not coming from the electric mirror adjusting ****?
Mine will buzz if I leave it in the neutral position!
Old 11/17/06, 04:26 PM
GT Member

thanks for the tip Jay - I'll look into it.

Chip - I thought of that as well and held/pressed it while I went full throttle and I still got the buzz sound.
Old 11/17/06, 05:54 PM
GT Member

I just went on an E46 M3 message board and searched rattle - I now feel like I don't need to get rid of my car for and import. Same problems over on that side of the camp.

I just hope for my sanity I can the buzz source tomorrow.
Old 11/18/06, 02:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have dealerphobia. If I took it in for that, there would more than likely be another issue that they created from quick and careless work.
+1. If I have learned one thing in the 27 years since I bought my first new car (a '79 Fox-body when I was just 19) it is to take a new car back to the dealer only when absolutely necessary for safety or driveability issues. I just learn to live with minor fit-and-finish issues since most dealers can't seem to fix one thing without breaking another. Sad, but true .
Old 11/19/06, 12:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
+1. If I have learned one thing in the 27 years since I bought my first new car (a '79 Fox-body when I was just 19) it is to take a new car back to the dealer only when absolutely necessary for safety or driveability issues. I just learn to live with minor fit-and-finish issues since most dealers can't seem to fix one thing without breaking another. Sad, but true .
Very well said - I couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 11/20/06, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

i have this too! definitely post if you find the source! i'm not taking it into the dealer either. it almost seems like its the drivers door speaker panel, but i dont think it is. i'm getting worse and worse at just ignoring it too!
Old 11/20/06, 01:44 PM

I had door panel buzz on both sides that was coming from the armrest plastic trim. I used some plastic shims (guitar picks trimmed to size) and all stopped.