Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Front end Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/08, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front end Clunk

Well, I will like to comment that after 2 years I'm still dealing with the front end clunk on my 07 CS. I can't believe I put up with it for that long, and I guess I got used to it until I drove a friends 09 which had zero clunks. Sooner or later I'm going to trade it in, and I don't think Ford is going to get my money this time...what goes around, comes around. I wish they would have taken care of it, but they deemed the front end clunk normal...
Old 12/16/08, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool "Do a dealership upgrade"!

Al: We too had this front clunk in our '07 GT/CS. They fixed it! Take yours to a better Ford dealer Bro! Your current lame-a$$ dealership just does not want to be bothered this!! Don't know why, as they get paid labor by FoMoCo to repair it? Take your loyal Ford business somewhere else. Ford is really looking to make their customers happy right now! I believe this. You shall live to regret giving up a GT/CS Pony, if you let it go! Calstang
Old 12/17/08, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Well, I will like to comment that after 2 years I'm still dealing with the front end clunk on my 07 CS. I can't believe I put up with it for that long, and I guess I got used to it until I drove a friends 09 which had zero clunks. Sooner or later I'm going to trade it in, and I don't think Ford is going to get my money this time...what goes around, comes around. I wish they would have taken care of it, but they deemed the front end clunk normal...
Problem is I tried three different ones and I don't trust any of them. For example, when I had a problem with the differential humming...one dealer repaced bearings and installed the driveshaft wrong and I went back and forth for weeks until another dealer fixed it...now the diff humm is back...and here we go again. The clunk has been there since day one and I've complained numerous times to no avail. They just deemed it normal even though I printed out a lot of the forum traffic on it and showed them it was a recurring problem. They've also done a bunch of stupid things like crossthread a lug, scrathed a rim, and on and on. I don't think there is a good dealer here in Florida...at least the three closest ones. I'm going to give it one last try and see if they correct all the problems during the next service.
Old 12/17/08, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool "You Can Do It"

Bro: Print out the FoMoCo TBS 07-18-2 Technical Service bulletin on this dealer repair/fix. As covered by the the new vehicle limited warranty for original owners, with this factory strut upper mount assembly defect problem! Good luck on getting some resolutions. Be the real pest with them, until you get it corrected! Or just call your Ford area rep!! Its your consumer right to have Ford fix this defect!! CalStang
Old 12/18/08, 06:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Bro: Print out the FoMoCo TBS 07-18-2 Technical Service bulletin on this dealer repair/fix. As covered by the the new vehicle limited warranty for original owners, with this factory strut upper mount assembly defect problem! Good luck on getting some resolutions. Be the real pest with them, until you get it corrected! Or just call your Ford area rep!! Its your consumer right to have Ford fix this defect!! CalStang
I did that too and they said it was already done...they looke up the vin number or something and said it was done on my car. I will try again, and believer me, I'll be a pest, but these guys here in Florida are harder than Mt Rushmore. I got my Stang on my b-day of 06, and the boss says I can get a new car on my b-day of 09. Ford has pretty much pissed me off. Don't know if I'm going to get the new style Stang, or go for a Dodge or Chevy product.

Thanks for the inputs CalStang...