Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/10, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Extended Warranties

Are there any non-Ford, aftermarket, extended warrantys that are worth considering? As for the Ford ESP, are there any discounts available? Its getting near the time when I have to decide if I want to get one; Ford won't sell theirs after 3/36. Do the dealers only sell the Ford ones? This is my first Ford. With my last GM car the dealer had GM warranty plans plus some less expensive 3rd party ones. Ford's ESP is kinda expensive....
Old 5/31/10, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard a lot of horror stories about third party warranties. For ESP, I would suggest Jerry Johnson at Mid West Supperstore (800-530-5789 Cell 620-664-8844 http://www.midwestsuperstore.com/). He has very good prices. He beat everyone on a warranty I bought last month...it was for my Tundra (the dealership sells Ford/Mercury/Toyota), but he had better prices on the Ford ESP than what I paid last year. I wish I had found him before I bought the ESP.
Old 5/31/10, 09:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

if you need to go with FORD, it gives you more options, I would googlr esp warranties and go to their website and price one.... GG
Old 5/31/10, 09:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pony07
Are there any non-Ford, aftermarket, extended warrantys that are worth considering? As for the Ford ESP, are there any discounts available? Its getting near the time when I have to decide if I want to get one; Ford won't sell theirs after 3/36. Do the dealers only sell the Ford ones? This is my first Ford. With my last GM car the dealer had GM warranty plans plus some less expensive 3rd party ones. Ford's ESP is kinda expensive....
Ford ESP's may cost a bit more upfront to buy, but they will save you a ton of money vs the 3rd party plans should you have a claim. Also, Ford used to not sell ESP's for an out-of-warranty car, but that changed this year. You can now buy a warranty after the factory 3/36 period is up as long as the car is inspected by a qualified Ford dealership. Once that inspection gives your car the green light, you can buy a Ford ESP.
Old 5/31/10, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Another thing I have found just by searching online, there are some dealers all over the country selling Ford ESP online. So I don't know if its better to go with my local dealer where I can visit in person or buy it online from an anonymous Ford dealer 1,000 miles away. Does it really matter anyway? I mean, if that dealer offers crappy service I'm not going to be using them anyway. I've never bought anything like this from a non-local dealership.
Old 6/1/10, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

The ESP is valid at all Ford dealers, so where you buy it is less important than where you have it worked on. On my wife's car, they fixed a problem with the rear window motor under warranty and never commented or seemed to care that I the warranty someplace else.
Old 6/1/10, 03:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ford Dealer sold me one by Fidelity. Probably had to do with better commissions.
It is transferrable and has a "Return of Premium" type clause if I don't have to use it. We'll see...
Old 7/1/10, 02:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I decided to buy an ESP from a Ford dealer online. Got a good price too. But, am I supposed to receive anything from Ford like an ID card or something with a contract number? They sent me the actual contract itself, but it doesn't have any sort of identifying number. How will my servicing dealer know I have an ESP, aren't they going to ask me for a contract number when writing up service?
Old 7/1/10, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

No card for me. The dealer I bought mine from sent me a computer printout from their internal data base that showed the extended warranty. Any Ford dealer can look it up by your vin #.