Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Crooked shop in Tucson Az

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/07, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crooked shop in Tucson Az

My car was in an accident, and needed an alignment, and something was going on with the steering rack. The pump was whining when the rack was not under a load, and the power steering reservoir was full. I took it to precision alignment and brake in tucson and told them that the rack was leaking from the bellows, and that my mechanic buddy had reccomended that the rack be replaced just as an fyi. They said they would order a rack last friday. I had to get some paintwork done saturday so i picked the car up and took it back on monday. They said they had to order a different rack on monday because the one they ordered friday was wrong. I called tuesday and they told me they were not touching my car until the insurance approved the repairs. I could not believe the car had been there for 48 hours and nothing had been done. I told them to fix what needed to be fixed because the car had to work regardless of insurance approval. I told them to just fix whats broke and it would get paid for. they told me tuesday afternoon that the rack had a busted hose and that would be the first thing to try replacing. I called them wednesday morning and they said they replaced the rack. I asked if it was bad, and they said they didn't know, but that i had insisted that they replace it. I asked what shape the old rack was in and they said it got turned in for core. I told them to get it back, and they agreed to do that. I called thursday and they told me my old rack was sent back to ford by jim click ford in tucson. The guy said he had been talking to the parts guy and he made a mistake and returned the core. I called jim click ford (great guys in service there btw) and they pulled up the history on the part. they said it had been returned to precision alignment and brake thursday morning. after i confronted precision with their obvious lie they got really nasty and threatened to sit on the car, and charge me storage or use the mechanics lien against me. I threatened to call the cops. and they said go ahead. my wife called them while i was trying to call the cops and they said they just received my old core rack, and wanted to make things right.

I was told i could pick up the car at 5:30 friday. I got a call at 5:20 friday telling me the ball joint was "pressed in wrong" on the passenger side and not to come get my car yet, but they would call me back in a minute. I went to get my car right away. When i showed up the guy was really mad, and so was I . I demanded my car. They drove it out onto the street, and around the corner about 15 minutes later. and didnt bring it up front. I walked around the back and they were in a bay franticly working under the car. I asked wtf was going on and the guy said he was "just tightening things up"

I drove the car home with the steering wheel crooked. I got it home and the camber was way off, oil all over the engine bay, bushings and parts left on my manifolds, the power steering reservoir was left open, my car was throwing codes
and the fuel gauge was not working any more, the dash lights were going nuts too. the brake lines were loosened as well.

these guys are criminals. What should i do?
Old 8/4/07, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I hate to say it but it sounds like you need a good lawyer. Document everything and take pictures. Also contact the AZ Attorney General's office. Tell them about the place and maybe there is somthing legally they can do for you. I hope it works out for you. Also find out if the place is a member of the Better Business Bureau. If they are, report them to the Bureau and make a complaint. Then they will have to make you happy or have a black mark on their record.
Old 8/4/07, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Already filed the bbb complaint. I sent an e-mail to the az attorney general, and my insurance company will be informed of the possibility of fraud on the part of the shop. Taking it to the ford dealership on monday and they are going to record the state of the vehicle, and fix it right. I will take lots of pics too. just steer clear of these guys. they are bad news.