Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Check Your Factory HIDs!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/10, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Check Your Factory HIDs!!

I've already posted this on the IMBOC site but wanted to include it here as well. It seems that some of the factory HIDs have a very noticable discoloration on the reflector bowls from use - it's a white smoked look which appears circular in shape on the reflector bowl just above the HID capsule (see attached image). This is the area that catches the main focus of the light and it looks like either the heat or the UV rays from the capsule is damaging the reflector bowl. I have seen this on many 08 Mustangs but not on any 09s so far. I suggest everyone with factory HIDs check theirs. Several IMBOC members who have found this problem are taking theirs to the dealer. This is not just a Bullitt issue - it appears on GTs and GT/CSs and perhaps others as well. My guess is that it is either a material issue or a bad batch of HIDs. Ford may or may not know about this but hopefully they will be finding out about it if they don't already know. Thanks and good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Check Your Factory HIDs!!-hidfail.jpg  

Last edited by Clembo; 5/18/10 at 09:13 PM.