Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Bad ring & pinion, dealer no help

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/06, 08:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisted_Reality
ROFL!!!! I have the same problems!!! Finding a good antivirus was a real PAIN!
Haven't tried one yet.... did you find one? I hadn't even thought about that... most software seems to be working, though.... so far it's mostly hardware drivers I've been having problems with.

by the way..... is it ok to hijack my own thread?
Old 11/3/06, 09:12 AM
GT Member

ROFL... Hijack your own thread.... good one.

Yeah, I run the AV from ESET. You are correct about most software is fine, it is usually things that dig into the hardware (like drivers and AV software) that are an issue. Vista is supposed to be the first non server solution to our problems. Norton, McAfee, etc don't want to code software for the 64bit amd's right now since XP Pro 64 is only an emmulation. Vista will be a true 64 bit OS and that is when you will really notice the 64bits potential.

Before somebody flames me, the above is not entirely 100% accurate but its just a summary.
Old 11/3/06, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

****it.. are you sure x64 isn't a true 64bit OS? I'm not running the beta version that was downloaded.. I bought an "OEM" version.... that appearantly was a promo... but it's a licensed copy.
Old 11/3/06, 05:58 PM
GT Member

Ok, that is why I have the summarization line posted. You are correct, Pro x64 is a 64 bit OS, but all of the applications that come with it are all 32 bit and emulated. Vista apps will all be 64 bit (supposedly). But it looks like we may have AV issues even after the arrival of vista as it doesn't look like microsoft wants to allow access to the kernel in their 64 bit version.
Old 11/3/06, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Hmmmm... I know in the news today they are allowing Novell access, and cam to an agreement so that Novell's Linux customers can customize their networks without facing anyt kind of legal retaliation from Microsoft. But, yeah... more stuff will eventually come out... it's like the new Mustangs. It takes a while for the aftermarket to get going, but once it does take off... there's all kinds of fun to be had.
Old 11/3/06, 09:00 PM
GT Member

I totally agree with ya on that one. Its just a matter of time... But hey, the next release of my favorite game is supposed to be coded for 64 bit systems...