Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Air and fuel problems trying to start car

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 08:38 PM

I'll test it tomorrow, the car is actually running now. But a lot of smoke and gas smell codes popped up for too rich now. O2 sensors. I didn't drive around bit I wasn't sure if the too rich was from me trying so much and maybe flooding the engine. I have no idea why it just suddenly decided to start again as well. So no im just even more confused. I was sort of thinking my fuel filter might be bad just because I've replaced the pump and went back to original and maybe some debris got in there. Not sure if that could be it. I'm still stuck on the fact it's running. But does have a whining noise. Idk if you can hear it in the video but when im inside the car, I hear it, when I go out to check, I can't really tell.
Old Yesterday | 08:45 PM
The Analog Admin!

Ok At Least its Running!

Sent You a PM!

I will Check in in A.M.

Kc
Old Yesterday | 09:20 PM
The Analog Admin!

P0462 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Low

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel level input (FLI) communications network message for a concern. The test fails when the FLI signal is less than the minimum allowable calibrated parameter for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank. Possible Causes:
  • Empty fuel tank
  • Fuel pump (FP) module concern
  • Incorrectly installed fuel gauge
  • Damaged instrument cluster
  • Damaged fuel gauge
  • FLI circuit short to ground
Diagnostic Aids: Monitor the FLI PIDs in key ON, engine running. A concern is present if the FLI percentage PID is at 25% fill and the FLI voltage PID is less than 0.90 volt with a non-matching fuel gauge or the FLI percentage PID is at 75% fill and the FLI voltage PID is greater than 2.45 volts with a non-matching fuel gauge. Application Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory All
GO to Pinpoint Test HX.

P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel level input (FLI) communications network message for a concern. The test fails when the FLI signal is greater than the maximum allowable calibrated parameter for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank. Possible Causes:
  • Fuel pump (FP) module concern
  • Incorrectly installed fuel gauge
  • Damaged instrument cluster
  • FLI circuit open
  • FLI short to VPWR
  • Overfilled fuel tank
  • Damaged fuel gauge
Diagnostic Aids: See the diagnostic aids for DTC P0462. Application Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory All
GO to Pinpoint Test HX.
Attached Files