Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2007 Mustang Gt Stick Engine Swap into 2005 Gt Automatic Questions

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/24 | 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
The Keys From Donor Car are Matched to Pcm Hence Swap Columns. Antitheft Also Runs Through Cluster. It May or May Not Have To Be Changed.

Meanwhile Get Me Those Vins!

Here is a Birdseye View Of Somebody Going Through the Guts of an S-197. Scroll Through and You Will See Some Scenario's You May Encounter. Just a Start!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ispreloading=1

KC
awesome thank you for all your help KC this isn’t the first time you’ve been helpful!!! you helped me out with my misfire a couple months back which i ended up finding out to be early signs of failure in the top end somewhere. ( go check out my update &#128514 i’m getting the vin from my buddy right now and have an email drafted up with mine so i will get you it ASAP!
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/22/24)
Old 9/22/24 | 03:18 PM
The Analog Admin!

Pats System Thread

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...m-pdfs-549760/
Old 9/22/24 | 03:23 PM
The Analog Admin!

I Would Advise You get At Least the 2007 Version of a Factory Shop Manual. I Have Had Good Luck With This Brand. Some Out There are a PIA! Both Years on Wiring Might Be a Good Idea.

Wiring Diagrams & Shop Manuals. Electronic Versions are Not Too Bad in Price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr...2006%20mustang
Old 9/22/24 | 03:45 PM

I Would Advise You get At Least the 2007 Version of a Factory Shop Manual. I Have Had Good Luck With This Brand. Some Out There are a PIA! Both Years on Wiring Might Be a Good Idea.

Wiring Diagrams & Shop Manuals. Electronic Versions are Not Too Bad in Price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr...2006%20mustang
thank you! i have access to ford service info and all data thanks to my shop. so all OEM diagrams and info are openly available thankfully!
Old 9/22/24 | 03:59 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by s197HR
awesome thank you guys for the help! backtracking a little bit how bad would it be to just swap the engine and tranny in and then modify existing harness and getting a tune for my ECM to disable the auto trans? i’ve heard some people do that. what do you guys think would be a better route ?
That First Link With The V6 Harness Shows What Just One Harness Can Be as Far as a Mess. How Many Pin Outs Did He Have To Change. Now Consider This, Both Cars are Near Twenty Years Old & You Don't Want to Be Fighting a Bad Configuration vs a Bad Connection.You Are Going To Be Working With Very Small Wires Now Aged & Brittle. I Want To Illustrate The Point of The Just One Wire Scenario in This Vid. it Has Given Me a Whole New Attitude & Respect Towards Wiring Concerns.

Here is Another Thing I Would Advise! Make Sure Everything Works in STOCK Configuration Before Doing Any Mods Etc. as Practical. That is Just another Variable in The Mix. Believe Me after You Swap Everything Some Silly Little Difference Ford Made in HVAC or Alarm or Something Else Will Pop Up & Drive You Nuts!

I Would Be Very Gentle With Any Wiring Connections & Check Closely For Water Intrusion as These Cars Just Love To Go Fubar With a Cruddy Connection. Not To SCARE But To PREPARE.

Like I Said after Watching This Vid I Will Be Turning My Ham Fisted Wiring Skills Used on 1960's & 1970"s Cars Which Had a Lot Less Wiring and a Lot Heavier Gauge Down a Few Notches!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...issues-551265/

BTMO,

KC
Old 9/22/24 | 04:06 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by s197HR
thank you! i have access to ford service info and all data thanks to my shop. so all OEM diagrams and info are openly available thankfully!
Very Cool!

The Manual Info Will Be Great For Others Attempting Similar Swaps. As a Former Parts Vendor & Now Admin I Try & Post Where I'm Not Only Answering Your Questions But Adding a Bit For The Guests Viewing.

I Hope You Will Share Your Conversion With Us if You Have The Time. It is Not Required But Would Be Welcome & Surely Helpful to Others. You May Find Some Shortcuts or Tips Which Can Only Be Found By Actually Doing it. It's You Call and it can Be Detailed or Just a Pic & Note Now & Again. I Realize You are Still Working Unlike a Lot of us Older Retired Guys So Any Sharing is Appreciated! Not Everybody can Work on Car & take Pics at The Same Time. i Know it Would Be Hard For Me as These Days The Noodle Needs 100% Focus Just For The Task at Hand!

Thanks,

Kc
Old 9/22/24 | 04:08 PM

Very Cool!

The Manual Info Will Be Great For Others Attempting Similar Swaps. As a Former Parts Vendor & Now Admin I Try & Post Where I'm Not Only Answering Your Questions But Adding a Bit For The Guests Viewing.

I Hope You Will Share Your Conversion With Us if You Have The Time. It is Not Required But Would Be Welcome & Surely Helpful to Others. You May Find Some Shortcuts or Tips Which Can Only Be Found By Actually Doing it. It's You Call and it can Be Detailed or Just a Pic & Note Now & Again. i Realize You are Still Working Unlike a Lot of us Older Retired Guys So Any Sharing is Appreciated!

Thanks,

Kc
of course sir, once i purchase the crashed one in november hopefully i will start posting progress. i will report back to this thread specifically. i will get you those vins as soon as my buddy responds. thank you so much for all your help you truly are awesome!
Old 9/22/24 | 04:11 PM
The Analog Admin!

Your Welcome!

I Will See If I Can Provide any Helpful Info Once I Get Vins To Help Plan Conversion!

Best Regards,

Kc
Old 9/22/24 | 06:21 PM
The Analog Admin!

Here is Dash Harness Issue Which Resulted in a No Start.

Here is My Simplest Best Answer. Swap All Harnesses & Modules From Wrecked Car. Do Not try To Mix & Match as One Pin Out of Place Could Result in a No Start & Other Issues. You Will Also Want To Swap Steering Columns For Correct Pats Function and Likely Cluster. It Would Be Helpful To Know How Both Vehicles are Equipped. Send Me VINs For Both Cars to Clevparts@aol.com & I Will Do a Equipment Check on Both Cars.

Sounds Like You Are in No Hurry So At Least You Got That. Also Two Complete Cars vs an Engine & Trans Laying on The Ground. I Could Not Tell You How Many Times We Would get a Car into The Dealership Where They Put a Year Different Motor in a Vehicle and Some Random Sensor Was Missing on Replacement. I Mean Like No Boss Drilled To Put One There. So Since You Have Everything it's a Matter of Treating Swap as a BODY SWAP. Simply Taking The Function Parts & Swapping to your Body.

Anyhoo, I think I Have another Member Who Can Share Some First Hand on This. Let Me Check & See if My Memory Serves Me on This

KC
Edit Forgot to Put in Link! DOH!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...g-swap-550874/
Old 9/25/24 | 09:55 PM

update #1

hey everyone, this is update number 1.
currently have pulled the engine on my mustang in preparation to have everything ready once i purchase the other mustang. i pulled engine and tranny as one and it was pretty straight forward. i spent about 2 and a half hours pulling it so it Wasn’t anything crazy. here are some pictures!

The following 2 users liked this post by s197HR:
05stangkc (9/25/24), m05fastbackGT (9/26/24)
Old 9/26/24 | 01:41 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Awesome job in removing the engine and tranny with no problem related issues... In the meantime, we'll be looking forward towards your progress updates once you're able to purchase the donor vehicle and begin the installation of the new engine, tranny along with the harnesses, modules, steering collum, SJB and PCM/ECM computers from the 2007 manual, donor car...