Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2006 Mustang GT Front-end Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/12, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mustang GT Front-end Rattle

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with 75,000-miles on it. I drive it like I stole it. I had a front-end rattle that no one at the local Ford dealership could nail down and fix or would fix. I took my findings from various forums and went to a local shop where the owner drives a 2007 Shelby Mustang. He has rattles, too.

We went over the list I gathered and pinned down some potential sources and went after the parts and scheduled an install. First off, he put in new link-kits and sway-bar bushings. He took the car in to have the alignment done and that tech said no-go, as the tie-rod ends were bad. So, we replaced those. Nope, still could not do an alignment. The strut-mounts were bad. I was there when those were removed. They were toast. The bushing was flattened and brittle and the bearings literally fell out in our hands. I had him put new struts in with the new strut-mounts. Took it in for the alignment and nope again, as the ball-joints were bad. So, since they are integral in the LCA's, those units were both replaced. The alignment was done and I have no rattles, no creaks, no thunks. It sounds like it did when new. I am a happy camper now.

Oh, the shop-owner put his car up on the rack and found some of the same things wrong with his as were bad on mine. He has 90,000 on his Shelby Mustang.

So, if anyone is having a rattle or thunk going over speed-bumps or seams, these items may be bad on your Mustang, too. It was a good investment for me, as I plan on keeping the car until it dies. I am off for another quiet ride...........

Last edited by luangtom; 12/15/12 at 03:25 PM.