Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/12, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lime GT
If the vehicle was hit in the right front I would recheck the following grounds points to make sure they are not loose or disconnected. G100; G102; G103 are most important near rt frt. Also G106; G107; G101; G400. Only you know the damage done and if wiring was pinched, cut, or casing rubbed through to allow corrosion into the wiring.
Good point also, any wire diagram to see those G numbers please?
Old 9/3/12, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile=Ground Location Index.pdf Best I can do is this. Most of the grounds are on top of rad cradle rt side and under battery area. Check ground at back of engine and lt frt rad cradle. If you painted anything and attached grounds later or the replacement panels came coated you should make sure those areas are bare metal to the ground terminal then paint them if needed.
Old 9/4/12, 01:15 AM

Good news WEIRD news!!

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile=Ground Location Index.pdf Best I can do is this. Most of the grounds are on top of rad cradle rt side and under battery area. Check ground at back of engine and lt frt rad cradle. If you painted anything and attached grounds later or the replacement panels came coated you should make sure those areas are bare metal to the ground terminal then paint them if needed.
After all that pain for 2 month i found 1 used FPDM for a 06 Stang in my country, i stayed awake and ran to try it now.
I installed the 06 one and went for a ride and the problem was exactly the same so i was disappointed.

I re-installed MY FPDM, WOT the car in park mode and it reached the 6000RPM till rev.

I drove the car and couldn't wait to reach an open road, took it up a small hill road and i was surprised! the car ran perfect with not a single fault!

Now what the hell was this headache for 2 month? What happened when i switched the FPDM knowing that yesterday i removed mine from the trunk and cleaned its connectors + its back. Did the used FPDM reset the PCM or what?

Last edited by Montana; 9/4/12 at 01:16 AM.
Old 9/4/12, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
This is all I have access to online.
After all that pain for 2 month i found 1 used FPDM for a 06 Stang in my country, i stayed awake and ran to try it now.
I installed the 06 one and went for a ride and the problem was exactly the same so i was disappointed.

I re-installed MY FPDM, WOT the car in park mode and it reached the 6000RPM till rev.

I drove the car and couldn't wait to reach an open road, took it up a small hill road and i was surprised! the car ran perfect with not a single fault!

Now what the hell was this headache for 2 month? What happened when i switched the FPDM knowing that yesterday i removed mine from the trunk and cleaned its connectors + its back. Did the used FPDM reset to the PCM or what?
Old 9/4/12, 03:05 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Frustrating!

Hope it continues to run good!
Old 9/4/12, 08:21 AM

Frustrating!

Hope it continues to run good!
The question is why it didn't work on the 06 one that i plugged and then it worked when i re-plugged mine! Knowing that i cleaned mine several time during the tests i made.
Old 9/4/12, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The G400 I listed was the ground point in the trunk near the FPDM. It might be a good thing to it and make sure it's tight. Moving the hardness while switching the FPDM may have disturbed a loose/corroded terminal.

Good to hear it's working properly now.
Old 9/4/12, 05:24 PM

The G400 I listed was the ground point in the trunk near the FPDM. It might be a good thing to it and make sure it's tight. Moving the hardness while switching the FPDM may have disturbed a loose/corroded terminal.

Good to hear it's working properly now.
Hope it will be the end of this headached i have since 2 month, thank you all for your help.
Old 9/6/12, 12:43 PM
Post *****

btw, have you done (or the previous owner) the dreaded spark plug change yet?
Old 9/6/12, 02:21 PM

btw, have you done (or the previous owner) the dreaded spark plug change yet?
Yes i did and the dealer here broke 8 plugs in the engine (ignorants) so i shipped a lisle tool and instruct them what to do. The previous owner was the police in th US, it was a highway police car
Old 9/6/12, 02:32 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Montana
Yes i did and the dealer here broke 8 plugs in the engine (ignorants) so i shipped a lisle tool and instruct them what to do. The previous owner was the police in th US, it was a highway police car
lol You know I find it amazing that dealer's (even here) are often less informed that we forum readers! Good that you've got the new plugs now.

Well being a highway stang, it may have some extra mileage but they are usually well maintainted.
Old 9/6/12, 02:39 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

lol You know I find it amazing that dealer's (even here) are often less informed that we forum readers! Good that you've got the new plugs now.

Well being a highway stang, it may have some extra mileage but they are usually well maintainted.
Good technicians are very hard to find nowadays Charlie. Especially in dealerships because warranty labor rates don't pay ****. If they would actually pay these guys what they are worth, you would see better techs staying in the business.
Old 9/6/12, 02:42 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Good technicians are very hard to find nowadays Charlie. Especially in dealerships because warranty labor rates don't pay ****. If they would actually pay these guys what they are worth, you would see better techs staying in the business.
Yet the dealerships are so overpriced compared to an independent. Guess we know who's keeping the dough.
Old 9/6/12, 02:43 PM
Post *****

btw Montana, post some pics.
Old 9/6/12, 02:46 PM

Yet the dealerships are so overpriced compared to an independent. Guess we know who's keeping the dough.
Not really. Usually labor rates are a little cheaper in independent shops but not by much. Aftermarket parts are just so much cheaper than oem. And oem parts are seriously marked up too. 25% mark up on aftermarket parts still comes out cheaper. That's before you throw in starving techs trying to make a paycheck.

Last edited by AlsCobra; 9/6/12 at 02:48 PM.
Old 9/6/12, 02:51 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True, Those people are under so much pressure nowdays. Rush, rush, hurry and Hurry !!!

Now all Montana has to do is keep the Throttle Body clean.
Old 9/6/12, 02:58 PM

btw Montana, post some pics.
Its 12 midnight now, here is a very small video i did today

Old 9/6/12, 03:01 PM

Not really. Usually labor rates are a little cheaper in independent shops but not by much. Aftermarket parts are just so much cheaper than oem. And oem parts are seriously marked up too. 25% mark up on aftermarket parts still comes out cheaper. That's before you throw in starving techs trying to make a paycheck.
At least you have some techs there and parts for the car, in here no techs no parts, i have to pay double cost for every part to get it shipped here.
If i was in the US i would have a 2000HP stang
Old 9/6/12, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Montana

At least you have some techs there and parts for the car, in here no techs no parts, i have to pay double cost for every part to get it shipped here.
If i was in the US i would have a 2000HP stang
Well the Internet is a great resource for the do it yourselfers nowadays. Lots of great info. Lots of crap info too so if you find a reliable source for info stick with them.
Old 9/7/12, 05:12 AM

Well the Internet is a great resource for the do it yourselfers nowadays. Lots of great info. Lots of crap info too so if you find a reliable source for info stick with them.
Yes forums were great help to me but some gave me wrong diagnostics and made me buy and ship a new pump , but its ok at least i have a pump that will last + a spare one. Next ill be modding the car with some basics hardware lets see to which level i can alt my car performance with low budget and no risk for the engine or transmission.

Quick Reply: 2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please