Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/12, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Found these. btw, have you tried unhooking your battery for 5-10 mins to reset the PCM? Wouldn't it be great if it was something easy. lol

P1000 - OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete

P0148 -Fuel Delivery Error - At least one bank lean at wide open throttle. Fuel System: ·Severely restricted fuel filter ·Severely restricted fuel supply line
Yes i reset the battery and did many check. fule filter brand new, pump brand new. fuel is not reaching the fuel supply line coz the pump stops delivering fuel on acceleration due to lack of voltage, it should get 12v on full TB but only 6 to 9v maximum are being logged.
Its 99% electrical issue.
Old 9/2/12, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Montana
Yes i reset the battery and did many check. fule filter brand new, pump brand new. fuel is not reaching the fuel supply line coz the pump stops delivering fuel on acceleration due to lack of voltage, it should get 12v on full TB but only 6 to 9v maximum are being logged.
Its 99% electrical issue.
I figure it out about the wires, now how to check them for short circuit, i have a voltmeter
Old 9/2/12, 06:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I figure it out about the wires, now how to check them for short circuit, i have a voltmeter
Do a continuity check with the meter's battery. Attach one lead to a wire at the PCM, attach the other lead to the same colored wire at the FPDM EDIT - add: (yes you're going to have to run extra wire). Your meter should show current if there is no break in the line. Then check the next wire...

According to the manual:

Fuel Rail Pressure and Temp Sensor: measures the pressure and temperature of the fuel rail and sends these signals to the PCM; uses intake manifold vacuum as a pressure reference.

Fuel Pump Driver Module: receives signals from the PCM; duty cycles the fuel pump.

The PCM controls the fuel injection system..... The PCM commans the fuel pump driver module, which directly controls the fuel pump.
Do you think a fuel line or a wiring harness got pinched during shipping? Just seems like a wiring defect between the PCM and FPDM is a long shot.

Have you checked the fuel rail pressure and temp sensor? EDIT - add: Perhaps a faulty sensor (or connector) here is giving the PCM wrong information? Which ends up in not enough fuel being pumped?

Are you on the stock tune or a custom tune for your CAI? Could the custom tune get corrupted somehow?

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/2/12 at 08:18 PM.
Old 9/2/12, 06:31 PM
Post *****

Out of this whole thread, this is the only mention of a fuel pump issue.

https://themustangsource.com/f739/ou...3/#post5944071

Here's the TSB:

http://www.stangpit.com/wp-content/i...tsb/06-9-9.pdf
Old 9/2/12, 07:10 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what is the exact new fuel
pump you got? Is it a stock replacement for GT or the Cobra dual pump?
Old 9/2/12, 07:10 PM

Out of this whole thread, this is the only mention of a fuel pump issue.

https://themustangsource.com/f739/ou...3/#post5944071

Here's the TSB:

http://www.stangpit.com/wp-content/i...tsb/06-9-9.pdf
No its not that TSB that im having its totally different coz i have the new fuel pump that the TSB tells to replace and i installed it last week.

Im on stock tune now. no mods at all the car is stock. fuel pressure is very low on acceleration and on WOT due to lack in electricity (thats what i presumed coz i have low voltage at the pump)

Dont think that the new pump is defected coz the old one had the exact problem.

I will check those wires tomorrow hope its the end of my nightmare, its 4AM in here i go to sleep and will get back to you tomorrow, i appreciate your help you did to me so far

Last edited by Montana; 9/2/12 at 07:17 PM.
Old 9/2/12, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Maybe I missed it but what is the exact new fuel
pump you got? Is it a stock replacement for GT or the Cobra dual pump?
Stock motorcraft new pump that i shipped for the US.
Old 9/2/12, 07:19 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Stock motorcraft new pump that i shipped for the US.
Ok just curious. I added the Cobra dual fuel pump and it required making connections that could be done wrong plus I had to add a power wire to the SBJ.

But that was a totally different pump. Sorry I can't help.
Old 9/3/12, 10:53 AM

Not sure if the diagram is laid out like the PCM plugs are, but it says #922 WH-RD (circuit #, white-red) and #928 LB-RD (light blue-red) go direct from FPDM to PCM. It appears to be the lower plug.

However, are these circuit numbers stamped on the plug or PCM to help identify? The connections to the PCM also have 21 (FP Monitor - the WH-RD wire) and 12 (FP Control - the LB-RD wire) listed. Are these two numbers stamped on the PCM?

Searching for those error codes...
Hello how are you today, here is so me test i did:

The car now stalls at 3000-3500 RPM it was on 5000-5500 RPM last week.
I could reach the rev limit on WOT while car is parked, now i can only reach 3000-3500 RPM
If i floor it slowly in park mode i can reach the rev. limit, if i WOT it fast it stalls on 3000-3500 RPM but engine never shut off.

I have a PA 130am + 4g wire that i shipped from the US, it has 4k miles on it now only.
Changed to a new battery today, no changes.
Changed back to the old Alt. today, no changes.

Ran a voltage test on battery and PA Alt: 13v on key on, 13.88v on idle, 14.1v on 2000 rpm.
Ran a PCM to FPDM wire test (#12,#21) both wires pass ok.
Ran an FPDM test, 12.66v on idle, voltage fluctuates between 13v & 13.33V on WOT.
Ran a wire directly from FPDM to FP, 12v on key on. / fluctuates between 3v-5v on idle. / fluctuates between 4v and 7v on WOT ---> rpm never reached more than 3500 on WOT<-----

Im totlay lost in my country, what else should i check any ideas?
Old 9/3/12, 12:39 PM
Post *****

I keep wondering...

About code P1000 - why isn't it able to complete its tests? Is something unhooked? An accurate code would help.
With the P0148 - have you visually checked to see the fuel line isn't crimped anywhere during shipping.
Since the PCM controls the fuel, could one of the other sensors be giving wrong info to the PCM, therefore the PCM doesn't provide full current to the fuel pump to provide full fuel flow?
You're chasing electrical but maybe its a sensor problem.

Did the car ever run good after you imported it?

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/3/12 at 12:41 PM.
Old 9/3/12, 01:32 PM

I keep wondering...

About code P1000 - why isn't it able to complete its tests? Is something unhooked? An accurate code would help.
With the P0148 - have you visually checked to see the fuel line isn't crimped anywhere during shipping.
Since the PCM controls the fuel, could one of the other sensors be giving wrong info to the PCM, therefore the PCM doesn't provide full current to the fuel pump to provide full fuel flow?
You're chasing electrical but maybe its a sensor problem.

Did the car ever run good after you imported it?
Yes 2 years and the car was going fine, some lean conditions under hot weather, changed alt after a code, new battery too, nothing much, but now its a sever problem.
Reagrding the fuel line of the pump itself, today i gave it straight 12v and it spinned out and injected fuel normally.

Which sensors i should look for? and can you send me the fuse box connector wiring diagram (not the fuses itself i have them) just to check PCM fuel pump wires that passes throught the fuse box inside pins.
Old 9/3/12, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Yes 2 years and the car was going fine, some lean conditions under hot weather, changed alt after a code, new battery too, nothing much, but now its a sever problem.
Reagrding the fuel line of the pump itself, today i gave it straight 12v and it spinned out and injected fuel normally.
Which sensors i should look for? and can you send me the fuse box connector wiring diagram (not the fuses itself i have them) just to check PCM fuel pump wires that passes throught the fuse box inside pins.
From the 2008 manual:

The PCM carries out the following:
1) accepts input from various engine sensors to compute the fuel flow rate necessary to maintain a prescribed air/fuel ratio throughout the entire engine operational range.
2) outputs a command to the fuel injectors to meter the approporiate quantity of fuel.
CMP sensor: sends the PCM a signal indicating camshaft position used for fuel syncrhonization.
CKP sensor: sends the PCM a signal indicating crankshaft position, essential for calculating spark timing.
MAF sensor
HO2S sensor: creates a voltage signal dependent on exhaust oxygen content, providing feedback information to the PCM used to calculate fuel delivery. (looks like they're before the cats)
Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor: measure the pressure and temperature of the fuel rail and sends these signals to the PCM (uses intake manifold vacuum as a pressure reference).

Found this little tidbit on another forum. Perhaps it will help eliminate any FRPS issues:

Let's stat at the beginning.
Do you have a tuner?
If you do can you datalog?
If you can datalog do you see if the FRPS (Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor) shows pressure?
Your FRPS should show 39psi with the engine turned off.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88209
Fuel tank pressure sensor FTP (hence my question about the fuel cap/gasket fitting tight. And some 05's had the fuel tank fill issue and guys would overfill which would overflow into the EVAP canister and plug up which would create a vacuum causing fuel flow problems).
Interia Fuel Shutoff IFS switch.

Any time the fuel line connectors are disconnected, be sure to lubricate the O rings of the connectors with clean engine oil before reconnecting to insure a tight seal in the line.
Is the fuel filter installed properly for direction of flow?

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/3/12 at 04:41 PM.
Old 9/3/12, 04:36 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me throw this out for the hell of it. I know we seem to be looking for a short or such to the fuel pump. My questions are thus....
1.) Has the junction-box on the passenger side kick plate been open for something like a trunk release switch? Has it ever gotten wet?
2.) have you checked the rocker panel on the passenger side to be sure there is no water or rustor kinks in the wires there?
3.) Have you run a wire from the junction box where the fuel pump wire comes from to the fuel pump to check?
I have no first hand experiance in this problem, but I would check those first if that was my car.
Old 9/3/12, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by KdF
Let me throw this out for the hell of it. I know we seem to be looking for a short or such to the fuel pump. My questions are thus....
1.) Has the junction-box on the passenger side kick plate been open for something like a trunk release switch? Has it ever gotten wet?
2.) have you checked the rocker panel on the passenger side to be sure there is no water or rustor kinks in the wires there?
3.) Have you run a wire from the junction box where the fuel pump wire comes from to the fuel pump to check?
I have no first hand experiance in this problem, but I would check those first if that was my car.
The car had an accident on the passenger fender side and was replaced, now it might be that the junction box was affected by the accident shock but the car ran fine after changing the fender for more than a month.
im sure its not wet its very hot climat here.

Now you drove my attention to that, i ran a wire from the PCM to FPDM. Please, do you have a wiring diagram to show me for that box?
Old 9/3/12, 05:52 PM

From the 2008 manual:

The PCM carries out the following:
1) accepts input from various engine sensors to compute the fuel flow rate necessary to maintain a prescribed air/fuel ratio throughout the entire engine operational range.
2) outputs a command to the fuel injectors to meter the approporiate quantity of fuel.
CMP sensor: sends the PCM a signal indicating camshaft position used for fuel syncrhonization.
CKP sensor: sends the PCM a signal indicating crankshaft position, essential for calculating spark timing.
MAF sensor
HO2S sensor: creates a voltage signal dependent on exhaust oxygen content, providing feedback information to the PCM used to calculate fuel delivery. (looks like they're before the cats)
Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor: measure the pressure and temperature of the fuel rail and sends these signals to the PCM (uses intake manifold vacuum as a pressure reference).

Found this little tidbit on another forum. Perhaps it will help eliminate any FRPS issues:

Fuel tank pressure sensor FTP (hence my question about the fuel cap/gasket fitting tight. And some 05's had the fuel tank fill issue and guys would overfill which would overflow into the EVAP canister and plug up which would create a vacuum causing fuel flow problems).
Interia Fuel Shutoff IFS switch.

Any time the fuel line connectors are disconnected, be sure to lubricate the O rings of the connectors with clean engine oil before reconnecting to insure a tight seal in the line.
Is the fuel filter installed properly for direction of flow?
Charlie those are interesting things to chck too but KDF gave me this idea (read my reply to him)

Please, do you have a wiring diagram to show me for that inner fuse box that shows how the wires goes from it to the pump like we did with the PCM wiring diagram?
Old 9/3/12, 05:54 PM
Post *****

Do you have this site for the S197 manual? Its kind of cumbersome w/pdf's but it works.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=41
This is all I have access to online.
Old 9/3/12, 06:15 PM

This is all I have access to online.
Its like searching for a needle for me, not familiar ill give it a try, tomorrow ill try a new fpdm and ill check those wires in the passenger side box then i will check the sensors you told me to cheeck. will keep you posted
Old 9/3/12, 07:14 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nction-box.doc

This is for the Junction box. I have not looked at it yet. Give it a shot and see.
Old 9/3/12, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by KdF
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nction-box.doc

This is for the Junction box. I have not looked at it yet. Give it a shot and see.
This is the side kick oassenger side box yes? i didnt see any fuel pump wires/pins, i only saw fuel sender ones (that indicates fuel level), the fuel sender is running fine, enlighten me a bit
Old 9/3/12, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
If the vehicle was hit in the right front I would recheck the following grounds points to make sure they are not loose or disconnected. G100; G102; G103 are most important near rt frt. Also G106; G107; G101; G400. Only you know the damage done and if wiring was pinched, cut, or casing rubbed through to allow corrosion into the wiring.

Quick Reply: 2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please