Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

New Officers ?

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/08, 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Officers ?

Missed the meeting. Are we still a club?
Old 8/20/08, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mberglo
Missed the meeting. Are we still a club?
I would have come to the meeting if I had gotten an email.
Old 8/20/08, 01:05 PM
GT Member

same here

Originally Posted by LMan
I would have come to the meeting if I had gotten an email.
same here - forgot it was yesterday.
Old 8/20/08, 01:45 PM
GT Member

Yea we are still a club.

Mike Liston...returning President (unopposed)
Ralph new VP (unopposed)
David returning Secretary (unopposed)
Chad returning Treasury (unopposed)
Old 8/22/08, 11:23 AM
GT Member

You could always visit the web site.
Old 8/22/08, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

We have a website? Cool!
Old 8/23/08, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kkucera
You could always visit the web site.
Keith is doing a great job on the website! I didn't get an email either?! My first thought was that is was a coup but there was no power change or struggle. Although, I see Ralph stealthing in, waiting for Mike to get sent out of town on 'business', so he can conduct a future meeting like days of old. Of all the officers, Ralph owns the oldest Mustang, leaving owners' of the the first 20 year models without representation. kennyg
Old 8/23/08, 08:52 PM
Cobra R Member

*chuckles*
Old 8/24/08, 06:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kennyg
Keith is doing a great job on the website! I didn't get an email either?! My first thought was that is was a coup but there was no power change or struggle. Although, I see Ralph stealthing in, waiting for Mike to get sent out of town on 'business', so he can conduct a future meeting like days of old. Of all the officers, Ralph owns the oldest Mustang, leaving owners' of the the first 20 year models without representation. kennyg

Looks like we have a canidate for activities director
Old 8/24/08, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of all the officers, Ralph owns the oldest Mustang, leaving owners' of the the first 20 year models without representation. kennyg <!--/Custom Font--><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Could the reason be that most of the members present at the meetings drive newer models?
Old 8/26/08, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Redbaron93

Could the reason be that most of the members present at the meetings drive newer models?
So........
You are saying all the guys in the club driving newer models are getting emails?
Old 8/26/08, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

fyi to all those MEMBERS using "us.army.mil" addresses, they are sometimes (not always for some reason) not getting through....probably a filter issue. yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail are all free and won't restrict. Consider establishing an account if you feel you are not receiving RCMC e-mails. Similarly, some corporate e-mail servers can filter and since we "mass mail" they may see it is spam. I will update the records once notified.

However......Beri, again for the umpteenth time....you are not an active member. Read as not paid for 2008. That's plain and simple. This is not an e-mail issue; this is a active/paid member issue.

But since you insist......E-mails regarding club business, meetings, events, etc. are for active members only. Meetings are for club members and the occassional guest that may be interested in joining. You are neither. If you are not a member, you cannot participate in club-only events. So, why you keep insisting on being personally notified is beyond me. Plus, for the majority we are all adults that readily note what day it is. Who doesn't have a paper or electronic calendar? I mark everything including the very simple reminder of THIRD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH. We even post it on the website's calendar. Ever been to it? Again, this forum is not the official RCMC site but you might even see an entry here as a reminder. Guess you missed all those too. So, you may enjoy all the entries here, but understand it is not the final word, one-stop shop you apparently want. I clearly asked you to e-mail me even after I verified you are not active to resolve this issue. You did not which ironically seems to be your main contention, e-mails.

(Once again) We gave returning members up through March and I actually let that slip into April to renew for 2008 before starting a new e-mail list. You, Greg/Ken G. and others chose not renew; therefore, no more e-mails. That's your decision, but in the meanwhile we gained numerous new (and very active) members. In fact, we have 71 active (and paid) members, their spouses, and children (that's over 200 persons) that can participate in RCMC events....And it all started with becoming a member. Other folks who realized they were missing out, have come to us (even as late as two weeks ago) to renew. So that leaves you where?

I consider this action closed (a long time ago). You and probably others may see this as entertaining; I do not and it is a waste of my time where I could be giving attention to the club. Whine or prod all you want but in essence you want us to "cheat" all the active/paid members by giving you a freebie. Not gonna happen. I fully understand we may have lost you as a member. Part of me hates that, but we need good members....and we have at least 200 right now.

Old 8/26/08, 06:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Mike. What I was trying to say is that it seems most of the members with older Mustangs either don't drive them or don't come to the meetings.
Old 8/26/08, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

Ease up Pres. Beri is a long standing member of the club. I'm sure he'll pony up $12 and renew his membership if you don't chase him away.
Old 8/27/08, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Extreme21
I clearly asked you to e-mail me even after I verified you are not active to resolve this issue. You did not which ironically seems to be your main contention, e-mails.

You didn't get his email?
Old 9/19/08, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You ...chose not renewOh ! Is that what I did ?