Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Deborah

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/07, 06:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deborah

Deb wanted me to let you guys know that she was having another treatment this Friday and wanted you to pray for her. We both appreciate your prayers. Just so you know, a few weeks ago when she went in to start her new chemo treatments one of the nusrses and she were talking and the nurse to Deb that she was amazed that Deb was still with us. Well you can imagine how this demoralized Deb. I had to work that day but thought I would surprise her by showing up. When I walked into the room she smiled but I could tell she'd been crying. She told me what had happened and I guess that's when the reality of all this set in for both of us. Two of the other nurses came by and talked with her and told her they were surprised by the comment and that they didn't know why the other nurse would have said something like that. Finally the doctor came by and talked with us. He told us the same thing he'd told us before about here having Stage 4 cancer and that there was no cure, only that we would fight it with treatments. He said it may go away but would always come back. Our problem now is trying to keep Deb's energy level up and keep her hydrated. I won't lie to you, we both have our moments and there are people out there with far worse problems but when it hits the one you love it's hard to deal with. Once again, please keep her in your prayers and thanks for everything.

Skip
Old 8/9/07, 07:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay strong. I'm sure it's incredibly difficult, and it puts a real perspective on things. Deb is fortunate to have a loving husband and good friends at her side. We think of her often. Tell her we said hi and to keep her head up.

By the way, studies have shown speeding on a curvy road in a convertible Mustang reduces stress and promotes health and general well being. I just read that in the Medical Journals I was browsing last night.
Old 8/9/07, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not Deb. Tried that on the Tail of the Dragon. All she did was tell me to SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!! It was making her sick, that plus we had been on the road for way to long. Took a scenic route to Gatlinburg during Fall, took us 10 hrs. for what is normally a 4 hr. drive. Won't do that again. Did see some nice scenery though.
Old 8/9/07, 08:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Ah, but there is something about a leisurely drive just past dark to go get some ice cream because it is still 95 degrees.

Skip, you and Deb are always in our thoughts. This fight tests every bit of resolve that you have. It is enough to make any person feel overwhelmed. I know that with the love of family and the prayers of friends you will both see this through.
Old 8/10/07, 02:33 PM

Deb

We think and pray about both of you often! Just wish we could get together some more. Maybe I can stop some traveling for work, and then we can work on some cars.
Old 8/10/07, 05:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My family extends our thoughts and prayers from Kansas City.

Brandon and Family
Old 8/10/07, 06:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, Deb went in today for her treatment but was not able to get it because her white blood count was too low. She had to have 2 shots today, one on Mon., Tues.& Wed. and hopefully she can have her treatment next Thurs.. Obviously she was upset but we've been down this road before. Thanks again for all the prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
Yes Kris, we do need to work on the cars and let the girls spend so time together. I know Deb misses not seeing you guys.
Old 8/12/07, 12:56 AM
Bullitt Member

thoughts and prayers will go out for Deb. Hardly know her but she treated paul and I like family at the car show!! Shes a sweetie! Give her a hug for me and tell her good luck we are all thinking about her!