Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/07, 07:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!

I need to find someone or a reputable shop that can retap the threads in my crankshaft for the harmonic balancer bolt. The tool used to remove the old balancer messed up some of the threads on one side. We started to try to do it ourselves but we don't want to mess it up any more than it is.

Does anyone know if Andy can do this and if so his number?

Was suppose to go to the Ardmore show tomorrow but doesn't look like I'll make it.

Thanks,
David
Old 8/11/07, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After removing the bolt and washer you should have reinstalled the bolt finger tight without the washer before using the harmonic bakancer removal tool. Also when reinstalling the bolt you'll want to do it by hand and not with an impact wrench or you could strip the threads out. The material that the crank is made out of is more of a soft metal than a hard metal. I hope this information helps in the future.
Old 8/11/07, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the tip Greg, I will definitely remember that for next time.

Oh by the way I like the picture you guys have on your web site under the 05 parts section. Thanks for liking my car enough to put it on your site .

http://home.hiwaay.net/~mustang/05-06.htm
Old 8/11/07, 08:04 PM
Cobra R Member

David, I would rather not give out his number in public. And for some reason, it doesn't list that I can give you a PM, Probably to do with the number of posts.

Shoot me one and I will return it with his number, or drop me an email.

president AT rocketcitymustang DOT com
Old 8/11/07, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Ralph. I sent you an email. I understand not wanting to give out his number on the post. I thought I could get PM's but maybe I was thinking of another forum I belong to.

I am not sure if he could help with my situation, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to give him a ring to see what he could.

Thanks again.
Old 8/12/07, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The phone number on Andy's sign for his business (poted in a very public place) is 652-9936. He is also listed in the Huntsville phone directory under Andy Wittschen on Charity Lane.
Old 8/12/07, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the number Greg.

I called Andy and he said he should have no problem fixing, the only thing is I have to wait about a week and a half for him to open shop, but I would definitely rather have him work on it than anyone else.

Thanks again for the number.