Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Any Local Modular Fans / Gurus?

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/08, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Local Modular Fans / Gurus?

I'm going to be moving to the Huntsville area from St. Louis (took a new job) with my... slightly... modified 97 GT and was wondering if there were any modular gurus in the area that share a like interest in trying to work on these things.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 2/18/08, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Adam,

Welcome to Madison. I grew up in St. Louis (Fenton, South County, Eureka) and moved here in 1997. We love the Huntsville/Madison area.

We have a very active Mustang club that meets once a month and does activities periodically. Click on the stickie up top to visit our website and come on out to a meeting. We have many latemodel Mustangs and some classics.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Mark
Old 2/18/08, 10:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to Madison and welcome to the forums.
Old 2/18/08, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

im getting into the modular motors, lots of reading to do on them, but i understand a pretty good bit.
Old 2/18/08, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mberglo
Adam,

Welcome to Madison. I grew up in St. Louis (Fenton, South County, Eureka) and moved here in 1997. We love the Huntsville/Madison area.

We have a very active Mustang club that meets once a month and does activities periodically. Click on the stickie up top to visit our website and come on out to a meeting. We have many latemodel Mustangs and some classics.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Mark
Sounds good.

I actually help run the big Mustang club here in St. Louis (we have a few thousand members, not all active at the same time). Once I get settled in, and my car is running again, I'll try and show up to some meetings.

Adam
Old 2/18/08, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Show Me Mustang Club? I was a member loooong time ago. Bought my first Mustang from Mid America Mustang back in 1987.
Old 2/18/08, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mberglo
Show Me Mustang Club? I was a member loooong time ago. Bought my first Mustang from Mid America Mustang back in 1987.
STL Mustangs - Show Me is quite a bit older, but not as big (and probably more of a "club").
Old 2/18/08, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

raises hand........ welcome to Huntsville,

mod motor= headache see below

http://greedy.gotstang.com

but i like them!
Old 2/19/08, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue
raises hand........ welcome to Huntsville,

mod motor= headache see below

http://greedy.gotstang.com

but i like them!

That doesn't look like a headache to me, if that says anything about my car...
Old 2/19/08, 07:06 AM

The car:

The headache (very old pictures - build a new motor last year):

Old 2/19/08, 08:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Deron Shady at 859-1969, probably one of the most knowledgeable Mustang mechanics around. You'll probably have to leave a message but make sure to say I told you to call. Oh, and welcome to the Huntsville area.

Skip Hamer
Old 2/19/08, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Redbaron93
Try Deron Shady at 859-1969, probably one of the most knowledgeable Mustang mechanics around. You'll probably have to leave a message but make sure to say I told you to call. Oh, and welcome to the Huntsville area.

Skip Hamer
Not looking for a mechanic - it's a hobby, so I do all the work (with help from friends).
Old 2/19/08, 03:23 PM
GT Member

Uh yeah I know the modulars pretty well. Had my 96GT since jan of 97 and just traded in the 2v for a 4v. All the work done by me except the machining. Oh and I tune it also.
Old 2/19/08, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully you have plugged in the IAT since then.........

J/K, Welcome to the board.
Attached Thumbnails Any Local Modular Fans / Gurus?-front2.jpg  
Old 2/19/08, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by workmangc
Hopefully you have plugged in the IAT since then.........

J/K, Welcome to the board.
It is plugged in in that picture - just not in its usual location
Old 2/19/08, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 96TennGT
Uh yeah I know the modulars pretty well. Had my 96GT since jan of 97 and just traded in the 2v for a 4v. All the work done by me except the machining. Oh and I tune it also.

Nice - I went with an aluminum block too, although I didn't buck up for the sleeves.

Still don't have a tune on it, and I most likely won't do it myself - too much money tied up to learn on for me.

Do you have some sort of forced induction on yours?
Old 2/19/08, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by twnscw
That doesn't look like a headache to me, if that says anything about my car...
lets see,

there was the time i didn't have the fuel line locked inplace with the fpr and touched it and had a face full of gas, so fast i didnt know what happened,
*** pepper spray is nothing compared to gas****

lets not forget the pats problem i had since the guy i got the motor computer and gauges failed to mention they were not from the same car

overheating several times before i figured out there was no signal coming from the sending unit to the fan,

broken intake manifold,

car would miss @ high rpm, couldn't figure out why, finally pupped plugs and 1 had no gap like it was smashed, couldn't even get my fingernail between the space! replaced all 8 plugs and is good to go

problems i still have,

car shifts too early(99 gt auto trans) from first to 2nd 15-20 mph then right into 3rd then finally od will kik in @ 35 mpg keeping car around 900 rpm@ 40 if i get on it it wil down shift from od to 1st!

wiring problem,
currently running headlights on a toggle switch since the actual headlight switch would not turn the lights on and would start to glow red!

cel allwayscomes on with a system lean, or a evap emissions small leak!
cannot fix!
Old 2/20/08, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue
lets see,

there was the time i didn't have the fuel line locked inplace with the fpr and touched it and had a face full of gas, so fast i didnt know what happened,
*** pepper spray is nothing compared to gas****

lets not forget the pats problem i had since the guy i got the motor computer and gauges failed to mention they were not from the same car

overheating several times before i figured out there was no signal coming from the sending unit to the fan,

broken intake manifold,

car would miss @ high rpm, couldn't figure out why, finally pupped plugs and 1 had no gap like it was smashed, couldn't even get my fingernail between the space! replaced all 8 plugs and is good to go

problems i still have,

car shifts too early(99 gt auto trans) from first to 2nd 15-20 mph then right into 3rd then finally od will kik in @ 35 mpg keeping car around 900 rpm@ 40 if i get on it it wil down shift from od to 1st!

wiring problem,
currently running headlights on a toggle switch since the actual headlight switch would not turn the lights on and would start to glow red!

cel allwayscomes on with a system lean, or a evap emissions small leak!
cannot fix!
I'm not trying to make a competition here...
Old 2/20/08, 08:16 AM
GT Member

Nice - I went with an aluminum block too, although I didn't buck up for the sleeves.

Still don't have a tune on it, and I most likely won't do it myself - too much money tied up to learn on for me.

Do you have some sort of forced induction on yours?
No forced induction. It's nice and the torque from a roots/screw type is awesome but I may end up making a road race or time trials car out of it and don't want to worry about the issues associated with consistant high throttle periods without much cool down time. The sleeves replaced the FI part in price anyways, lol. Plus I still get good driving maners on something I can tune and decent milage, especially for the power it makes.
Old 2/21/08, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not trying to make a competition here...
ooh not trying to compete, just admitting where i either blundered or still need help!