2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Re: Bullitt colors

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/08, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bullitt colors

I'm obviously NOT a Mustang expert. I just found out that you can buy a Bullitt Mustang in colors other than Green. On one hand, I guess I like that because to me, the color is kind of a turn-off but, on the other hand, isn't the color green kind of a major part of what makes a Bullitt?
Please don't get me wrong, yes, I realize there are "mechanical" differences as well too. I'm not trying to infuriate anyone here. I'm really just curious about it.
My thinking is that a non-green Bullitt would be like a non-orange General Lee Charger, or a non-black Knight-Rider Mustang. Am I making any sense?
Old 6/26/08, 09:00 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The development team wanted it to be offered in green only, but the marketing team won the battle for more colors.
Old 6/26/08, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 01 was Highland Green, True Blue, and Black.
The 07-8 is Hignland Green and Black only.

Black is the ultimate stealth sleeper colour. Thus it had to be included.
Old 6/26/08, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
The development team wanted it to be offered in green only, but the marketing team won the battle for more colors.
Even though the marketing team won out, I can imagine the development team was probably saying the same thing I am;
How can you call it a "Bullitt" if it's not Highland green? Without the right color, it's just a slightly upgraded GT. A "GT+" if you will. Seems stupid to me. Kind of like when GM sold a 442 with an automatic trans in the 80's. Makes no sense to me.
Old 6/26/08, 10:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Katshot
Even though the marketing team won out, I can imagine the development team was probably saying the same thing I am;
How can you call it a "Bullitt" if it's not Highland green? Without the right color, it's just a slightly upgraded GT. A "GT+" if you will. Seems stupid to me. Kind of like when GM sold a 442 with an automatic trans in the 80's. Makes no sense to me.
You need to brush-up on your 442 knowledge as well ... Only the 1964 model came with a 4-speed only .. from 65-73 it was available with an automatic ...
Old 6/26/08, 10:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
You need to brush-up on your 442 knowledge as well ... Only the 1964 model came with a 4-speed only .. from 65-73 it was available with an automatic ...
Guess I should've been more clear. "Available" is one thing but the 80's version was automatic ONLY. IMO, a joke. Pretty car but NOT a REAL 442 IMO. Just like a black Bullitt Mustang is NOT a REAL Bullitt IMO. But then what really IS a Bullitt Mustang? Do the cars sold as Bullitt edition Mustangs REALLY have anything in common with the one from the movie? Isn't it really just a GT with some content added, some deleted, painted the same color as the one in the movie and with a cute nameplate for sales purposes?
Old 6/26/08, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Its like when dodge made the Dodge Ram Daytona. Why would you release a Daytona on a truck body not a charger bady?
Old 6/26/08, 11:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Katshot
I'm obviously NOT a Mustang expert. I just found out that you can buy a Bullitt Mustang in colors other than Green. On one hand, I guess I like that because to me, the color is kind of a turn-off but, on the other hand, isn't the color green kind of a major part of what makes a Bullitt?
Please don't get me wrong, yes, I realize there are "mechanical" differences as well too. I'm not trying to infuriate anyone here. I'm really just curious about it.
My thinking is that a non-green Bullitt would be like a non-orange General Lee Charger, or a non-black Knight-Rider Mustang. Am I making any sense?
Or a non-black Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am
Old 6/26/08, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a Black Mustang Bullitt. If it was DHG I would call it a Bullitt Mustang. I love Black Mustangs! And just to think I got a Black Mustang with the Bullitt package!
If the Bullitt would of come in DHG only I would of bought it anyway Because it is a awesome car. But because I had a choice between BLK or DHG , it was a no brainer. Being a no brainer I was up to the challenge
Old 6/26/08, 12:47 PM
GT Member

I certainly don't want to make anyone think that I believe there's anything wrong with people buying the car. Not my cup of tea but that's why I say there's a Mustang for everyone. I just think it's kind of a shameless attempt by Ford to capitalize on a famous name. Not that they, or anyone else are above that, obviously. And I'm ONLY down on Ford for doing it in another color. I see nothing wrong with a Bullitt edition in green but doing it in another color is just wrong to me.
Old 6/26/08, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well let's just keep beating a dead horse. Yu don't like it. You said it (on three different threads now.) and multiple times on each.

By the way. what's so special about a Centennial Edition? is it that it was labeled on ALL the Mustang Colors and styles. See! Get the Point. And let's not get on the differences of Bullitt vs GT. You'll lose, and BIG.
Old 6/26/08, 01:27 PM
GT Member

That was childish as hell.
Old 6/26/08, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Exactly. I'm glad you got the point. And have no doubt that FORD will continue with "Special Editions" in special colours, that will continue to show up on the rest of their fleet.
Old 6/26/08, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a HG Bullitt owner I think I can say without hesitation that, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with 08 Bullitts in other colors. True the other colors aren't Highland Green. So what? If someone wants to be a stickler for detail its easy to point out that the Highland Green paint job found on the 08's is a noticably different shade than found on Lt. Bullitts car. The 08 Bullitt commemorates the original! It does not replicate it!
Old 6/26/08, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I want a Grabber Orange Bullitt ..