2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Car Shows

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/08, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Shows

Well after gong to car shows for years with my SVO and not winning much stuff I wasnt planning on anything with the Bullitt. In 3 years of showing the SVO I won 3 awards. No the SVO is not in perfect shape but is better condition than most other SVO's. With the Bullitt to my surprise I have gone to 4 shows and won first place once and second place twice. The car is basically all stock so I am surprised to won what I have. It is nice to know that people appretiate the car for what it is. It is nice to beat out guys who have put 10K or more in mods to their car. I know if I had more mods I could have won first a few more time. I plan on modding the car but nothing outrageous, I want the car to keep its purity. I am just writting to say thats its nice to know that there is folks out there that still love the Bullitt car. I have gotten many thumbs up while driving down the road. My old high school teacher has a 2001 Bullitt and always wins first in his category.
Old 6/23/08, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

There are to many Shelbys at the car shows that I go to . My Bullitt gets past up like a V6 Mustang. I think it is because it is Black not Green
Old 6/25/08, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LoudPony
There are to many Shelbys at the car shows that I go to . My Bullitt gets past up like a V6 Mustang. I think it is because it is Black not Green
Hey Gary, you should make up a show board for your Bullitt, to display at car shows. Also, get a "Bullitt' movie poster to put out as well. When you do this, you will get more people to notice and recognize your car! I have entered my car in numerous shows, where there were Shelby GTs, GT500s, and regular GTs with Whipples and such. I still beat them out (got Best of Show at Kindle Ford in March & could barely get the trophy in the car, it was that tall, lol), as I have a good display with my car (mod list, dyno sheet, window label). My buddy got 2nd at Carlisle with his Bullitt, and he had a poster, and a plaque to display. We both agreed those items helped him place! The awards are nice and all, but the best part of shows, is just hanging out with car people and having fun. Thats what its all about.
Old 6/25/08, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

how did he get a dislay board made? As far as window decal do you mean putting the cars window sticker on. Any ideas on putting the movie poster up and stuff like that would help.
Old 6/25/08, 11:27 PM
Bullitt Member

This is a Black and white version of my show-sign. The real one is in color.
Attached Thumbnails Car Shows-version2-show-sign.jpg  
Old 6/26/08, 06:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Gary,

That poster is very cool. I sold my 06 supercharged GT so my wife and I could build our house sooner and I have planned on getting a GT500 as soon ase we get settled in, but I'm really starting to think about a Bullitt. They are really growing on me. Maybe it's the cop in me, but I'm really starting to lean toward one.
Old 6/26/08, 06:45 AM
GT Member

When you live in Mustang, OK and are a cop, you had better have a Bullitt Mustang!
Old 6/26/08, 08:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by j0eyabs
how did he get a dislay board made? As far as window decal do you mean putting the cars window sticker on. Any ideas on putting the movie poster up and stuff like that would help.
There are any places to do show boards up. I went to produxcompany.com, and they made up a great board for me, with all my mods. They can do basically anything you want, and their price is GREAT, considering it also comes with the large plastic sign (with weighted base) that you put infront of your car. You can do whatever your imagination can think up.

My buddy with his Bullitt, got a replica California plate made up (JJZ 109) and had a fellow from IMBOC make up a replica of the strut tower brace emblem, and framed them, with a small movie poster and window label. Its all matted and such. He also had a second replica STB emblem made and has it on the dash.

With your car, you can do anything that has the movie in mind! Good luck and post up some pics when you get something made up.
Old 6/26/08, 09:43 AM

Here is a place I was thinking about using.

http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/
Old 6/28/08, 01:54 PM

Custom Show board companis

Originally Posted by 69grandecj
Here is a place I was thinking about using.

http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/
I was doing some web searches and came upon this thread and thought I would provide some additional info on showboards and what I can do to help.

First let me say that I am Tony Palmieri owner of Palmieri Concepts, www.PalmieriConcepts.com, that you referenced in your thread.

Email me with any questions you have and I promise, I will design something custom for you. I can do just about anything you want and make it perfect for you.

email me at sales@palmiericoncepts.com with any questions.

Tony
Attached Images