2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Buy '09 Bullitt or '10 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/08, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a very personal decision. It depends on what makes you happy not only now but (if it is a keeper) several years from now.

Look at it like this - Who you want to take to the dance - last year's homecoming queen or one of the many cute sophomores new to the scene?! Which do you think is most likely to make the picture in the class yearbook?
Old 12/23/08, 08:05 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
...the 2010 GT is superior in every way...
Yeah but it's got an ugly butt
Old 12/23/08, 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at your current stable, you are a special edition fan. I thnk you will cherish the Bullitt far more than a regular GT regardless of the performance comparisons.

Are you getting rid of one of them to get the Bullitt?
Old 12/23/08, 10:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Get the Bullitt! The deals are out there! We have a new '09 Bullitt (HG) where I work for just over $29K. Original MSRP is over $33K. Or, if you like the 2010, get the 3.73 perf pack and hold options to a minimum and you will be in the low $30's.
Old 12/24/08, 02:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Yeah but it's got an ugly butt
It really has, hasn't it...?
Reminds of when BMW changed the design of the 5-series...the new one actually causes an adverse physical reaction in me every time I see it...the old one was: "mmm...nice";
the new one is:
Knees buckle, double over clutching belly and watch breakfast spew across pavement...very uncool if you're in polite company at the time.
Old 12/26/08, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
There is a lot of people out there that think that there 1965 or there 1969 Mustang is the most beautiful Stang out there. Try to convince them that they should trade up to a new Stang, GOOD LUCK!
I think my Stang is the coolest, but the next guy thinks it is boring. All of the last 45 years of the Stang are Awesome!
I think the remake of the 68 Stang that the 08/09 Bullitt represents is exactly what I like best about my car. I am going to try to get the MRT hood and the SHR louvers on it next year. The only way you are going to make me part from that car is with a crow bar. But I wouldn't try that because you might scratch the paint

Last edited by LoudPony; 12/26/08 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12/26/08, 09:33 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by LoudPony
I think my Stang is the coolest, but the next guy thinks it is boring.
Actually, I think your car IS cool...but I also think Ford could have gone just a smidgeon further with the design, and that that smidgeon would have made all the difference. Which leads to your below point >>

Originally Posted by LoudPony
I am going to try to get the MRT hood and the SHR louvers on it next year.
I think that will make for a nice combo!

You might consider going to a bit better (wider) rubber, too - it would really enable you to wring even more out of the suspension enhancements. I might suggest the KDW II 255/45s...awesome performance tires with better grip - and give the car a slightly more aggressive stance, too. They used those tires for a small handful of promo shots for the '08 Bullitt, too, as I recall.
Old 12/26/08, 10:16 PM
Cobra Member

This is probably the wrong forum section to ask such a question. Most here will tell you to go with the Bullitt, which, if money is the primary concern, WOULD be the best choice overall.

In reality, however, the 2010 GT is superior in every way. Not only does it have all the performance stuff of the Bullitt available, but it also adds a couple that the Bullitt did not. Moreover, the interior, technology packages and amenities are light years ahead of the current car, and one of the best reasons to wait for the 2010.

As to pricing, expect discounts and bargains in year one, IMO. This refresh is not the same as the introduction of the '05 and offers no significant HP increase, so there's no chance its "freshness" will precipitate ADMs in a deepening recession. Ford dealers will be desperate to move product in '09, even refreshed Mustangs - count on it.

Of course, if you have the patience - and the funds - your absolute best option is to wait for the 2011 and the 400HP 5.0L engine.

Actually not unless you order it with the track pac2 which will be late availability. Track pac as current only gets 3.73 rear gears and Bullitt brake pads.

The 2010 does bring with it a flexible order list, with which one can really have a car that may not require a lot of aftermarket mods as the current regular GT does.

Hollywood you will never 'get' the Bullitt.
Old 12/26/08, 11:39 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Actually not unless you order it with the track pac2 which will be late availability. Track pac as current only gets 3.73 rear gears and Bullitt brake pads.

The 2010 does bring with it a flexible order list, with which one can really have a car that may not require a lot of aftermarket mods as the current regular GT does.

Hollywood you will never 'get' the Bullitt.
You're right, I will never get a Bullitt.

But I certainly "get" why others like it.

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 12/26/08 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12/27/08, 12:06 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if driving credentials were to be offered with such confident, expert opinions?

Oooooops!

Old 12/27/08, 12:53 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Wouldn't it be nice if driving credentials were to be offered with such confident, expert opinions?

Oooooops!

Not really, since one has nothing to do with the other.
Old 12/27/08, 09:32 AM

Not really, since one has nothing to do with the other.
It doesn't? Really?

You can talk smack all day long or walk the talk and certainly a Mustang GT with a tune, a couple of mods, and wider tires does not transalate to instant driving skills or expertice on every Mustang model without as much as sitting on the passenger seats.

Your posts are nothing more than heresay and second hand tidbits from the likes of Motor Trend not actual on hand personal experience. It takes a little bit more than being a professional redline shifter at under 50 KPH and a Mustang Monday morning quarterback to be effective at patronizing.
Old 12/27/08, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

It doesn't? Really?

You can talk smack all day long or walk the talk and certainly a Mustang GT with a tune, a couple of mods, and wider tires does not transalate to instant driving skills or expertice on every Mustang model without as much as sitting on the passenger seats.

Your posts are nothing more than heresay and second hand tidbits from the likes of Motor Trend not actual on hand personal experience. It takes a little bit more than being a professional redline shifter at under 50 KPH and a Mustang Monday morning quarterback to be effective at patronizing.
pwnd
Old 12/27/08, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

There are a lot of people at car shows that have asked me how much horsepower my Stang has, and I tell the 315. Their answer is ,is that all. That is a common remark that comes from people who don't know there cars!
I just tell them thats all , and walk away.
Old 12/27/08, 06:53 PM
Closet American

It doesn't? Really?

Sense. Try making some.

Since you seem to wanna equate owning a Bullitt with automatic instant driving skills (apparently beyond what lowly GT owners can achieve), then why don't we start with you telling us about YOUR performance driving credentials - beyond just being a "professional Mustang OWNER." Anybody can buy a few Mustangs...that's no guarantee they can actually drive them properly at the limit...and neither is owning a Bullitt.

As to my posts being "heresay," yeah, they have about as much merit as anyone else around here (yourself included), and in point of fact I have driven the GT500 and the Bullitt. The former is impressive, the latter is OK, but nothing beyond what many owners have easily done to their GTs, and in many cases, not as effective.

It takes a little bit more than being a professional redline shifter at under 50 KPH and a Mustang Monday morning quarterback to be effective at patronizing.
No it doesn't. You're living proof of that.
Old 12/27/08, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

this is gettin good
Old 12/27/08, 10:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remember thinking the new Bullitt looks plain and boring in pictures until I saw one in person. This is the car they should have used for the Steve McQueen commercial.
Old 12/27/08, 10:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Enfynet
I remember thinking the new Bullitt looks plain and boring in pictures until I saw one in person. This is the car they should have used for the Steve McQueen commercial.
thats what i have heard from alot of people, most still dont like it. me, i love the look of the new bullitt. one of the few s197's i would consider owning. got rid of the nasty huge fogs, mean color, no badging. i wouldnt kick it outta my garage.
Old 12/28/08, 06:14 AM

Sense. Try making some...

... You're living proof of that.

How soon we forget. Let's take a joy ride to Memory Lane, shall we? How about if we start with TMS's Private Message feature? I believe it provides each member the priviledge of storing up to 2,000 messages, doesn't it?

It might not make sense but I think I attended to a few of your PM requests and I believe I answered many of your mechanical, technical, and plain common sense questions you had relating mainly to Mustangs, many which answers apparently you were fond of and confident enough to be factual to impliment them on related topics and as your very own. Don't worry, plagiarism was not an issue and receiving credit or not was not important either but in all fairness you did include a few 'thank you(s)'. Perhaps your recollection of events might be different although I assume you are aware numbers don't usually lie, neither do dates and times. Who keeps count anyway?

I am the first to admit I am not or have ever been that good a mechanic or bragged too much on my less than average racing skills, there is no embarrassment involved. The difference between you and I is being there, having the knowledge, and doing it as limited as it might be, as opposed to just dreaming and talking about it. I have experienced the physical requirements, the risks, costs, and I don't lie to myself. My track days have been over for some time and my fingernails are free of sludge. I accept my limitations, it could be smart move on your part to accept yours.

As for the living proof, I have no need to over hype myself or my possessions specially not to someone with such self stamped prominence as you. If anything I brush them off. But as the saying when you don't have it you need show it, when you have it then you don't. It is ironic though, you have an uncontrolable need to keep trashing what others have while glorifying and justifying only what's within your reach.

Happy New Year, Robert.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 12/28/08 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12/28/08, 07:27 AM
Closet American

How soon we forget. Let's take a joy ride to Memory Lane, shall we? How about if we start with TMS's Private Message feature? I believe it provides each member the priviledge of storing up to 2,000 messages, doesn't it?

It might not make sense but I think I attended to a few of your PM requests and I believe I answered many of your mechanical, technical, and plain common sense questions you had relating mainly to Mustangs, many which answers apparently you were fond of and confident enough to be factual to impliment them on related topics and as your very own. Don't worry, plagiarism was not an issue and receiving credit or not was not important either but in all fairness you did include a few 'thank you(s)'. Perhaps your recollection of events might be different although I assume you are aware numbers don't usually lie, neither do dates and times. Who keeps count anyway?
Well, before you go patting yourself on the back so hard you fall over, Obi-Wan, I seem to recall those sessions being a two-way street much of the time. Your operational knowledge of Mustangs admittedly predates mine, but your knowledge of vehicles in general certainly does not, if I recall the exchanges correctly. On the other hand, if "starting with TMS's Private Message feature" is where you want to go in this conversation (somehow I doubt anyone else around here cares), you may wish to tread carefully.

As to thinly-veiled insinuations of plagiarism, tsk, tsk. Your devotion to sophistry hasn't given you clairvoyance enough to cite examples that cannot easily be turned back upon you.

The difference between you and I is being there, having the knowledge, and doing it as limited as it might be, as opposed to just dreaming and talking about it. I have experienced the physical requirements, the risks, costs, and I don't lie to myself. My track days have been over for some time and my fingernails are free of sludge. I accept my limitations, it could be smart move on your part to accept yours.
Do not presume from the limited exchanges we had via PM that you are in full possession of my either my limitations or my skills...automotive or otherwise.

As for the living proof, I have no need to over hype myself or my possessions specially not to someone with such self stamped prominence as you...
I detect a slight inferiority complex surfacing there. If you believe that I engage in "self stamped prominence" (assuming I have the meaning correct—can never be sure with you) then your bar is clearly not set very high.

...you have an uncontrolable need to keep trashing what others have while glorifying and justifying only what's within your reach.
Critiquing and trashing are two different things. And while we're on the subject — and to return briefly to those PMs which you brought up — I seem to recall you disparaging the new Bullitt, too, along with a number of its owners...right up until the moment you bought one, that is.

If you want to continue down this path, I think you know all too well that I'm more than up to the task.

Happy New Year, Robert.
And to you.

Quick Reply: Buy '09 Bullitt or '10 GT?