Old 9/19/07, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the link... http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang...ts-070918.html

All I have to say is eeh.
Old 9/19/07, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy if I had been waiting around for this car, I'd be disappointed. Nothing more than paint and grille, and they don't even have the chrome around the grille.

Meh, I likes what I got... no Bullitt in my future!

-danny
Old 9/19/07, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will reserve judgement until unveiling, but I hope we dont end up with a tape stripe job and an emblem or two....I want it done in the vein of the '03-'04 Mach 1's...a REAL SE!!!
Old 9/19/07, 02:33 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It really depends on the price over a regular GT. Until i know MSRP i'm going to hold judgement. cause i would totaly buy that for say $2000 over GT for the paint and grill and basic visual changes.

But if it cost what a Shelby GT cost for those changes then No.
Old 9/19/07, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Those pics on Stangnet were not that impressive to me either. Just a regular GT with different mufflers and a fogless grill. Ford needs to do better than that for the Bullitt. Granted, the 01 wasn't that much of a difference thatn the regular GT either but I really wish they would make it noticeably different. At least 30 more hp and a better front and rear end would satisfy me, along with a few different interior options. However, if the Bullitt option is only $1895, then I guess you get what you pay for!
Old 9/19/07, 02:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah...its a green mustang form the pics....I still cant wait untill officail pics come though...
Old 9/19/07, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TJ4Cam
I will reserve judgement until unveiling, but I hope we dont end up with a tape stripe job and an emblem or two....I
want it done in the vein of the '03-'04 Mach 1's...a REAL SE!!!
I will also but the preview doesn't look promising.....
Old 9/19/07, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Isn't the Bullitt already on as an option package for the '08 edition?

Old 9/19/07, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

I'll save final judgment until the formal unveiling and pricing announcement, but my reaction judging from those pics and info provided?

If the car pictured is representative of the final product, Ford really missed an opportunity here...
Old 9/19/07, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by goesfast
That's what I had hoped for too, but I doubt this will happen. The 5.4 is a very heavy engine and requires a different front end on the car, much like the GT500's. A N/A 5.4 wouldn't gain a person too much in the end with the extra weight and all and I doubt Ford would install one on such a limited run of cars, but who knows for sure? Ford could pleasantly surprise all of us when the actual car is released in November. At least that's what I'm hoping for................
I've heard that Ford is currently working with two test mule Mustangs. One with a N/A 5.4 and the other a 4.6 DOHC supercharged mill from the Terminator for an upcoming S/E (probably a Boss or a Mach 1). And of course there's the Hurricane motor too. Hard to say exactly what will go into what model until it actually happens.
I still would like an "upgrade" option on the Bullitt though for those who want a little more in the engine bay. And Ford could easily do this through it's dealers using the FRPP catalog more seriously.
Ford will need something to compete with the HP rumored for the Camaro's rebirth (not to mention the earlier rebirth of the Challenger). I'd like to think Ford would would offer the engine upgrades in the GT package as well as in the Special Edition Mustangs so we could have a respectible stripped down sleeper model from the factory, but that is not something Ford has done in a long time.
Old 9/19/07, 05:46 PM
GT Member

Does anyone besides me think there's something not right about this whole sighting.... Why would Ford risk exactly what happened by driving 5 pre production Bullitts around in BFE PA waiting for a Mustang fan to figure things out.... I don't think these are the finished cars. Something smells...
Old 9/19/07, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

How do we even know they were FORD Bullitts. As far as we know, they're aftermarket mock-ups done by a shop or some regular modders.
Old 9/19/07, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Manufacturer plates... I have no doubt they were Ford but don't think that is the whole story.
Old 9/19/07, 06:31 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt 2597
... Something smells...

As when one steps on some unexpected mushy substance on a doggie trail?

Old 9/19/07, 06:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There was a Shelby GT500 cruinsing near Naples Florida almost a year before it's release w/ Michigan mfgr plates. Probably testing performance in heat. Who knows why they drive where they drive, but it does happen.
Old 9/19/07, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

See, that wasn't too long of a wait. I'll say, for as pumped as I was to spot them, I was a little on the dissappointed side, as well. The pictures unfortunately ended up being more about what isn't there rather than some exciting additions but at least you get a confirmation on color, wheels, grille, spoiler delete, some sort of exhaust, and no badges.

I'm hoping you guys are right, and these were not the 100% finished versions yet. It did look pretty sweet rolling down the road (but how many GT's don't?) but it could have definitely used some quarter window louvers and a special hood like a lot of you are hoping for to set it apart a little more. Like I said, I initially just thought it was a regular, lightly-modded spoiler delete GT with painted 18's.

Without the drivers answering questions or being able to look under the hood there's still no telling for sure what's going on under there but I would've liked to see some type of clearance modification or additional cooling openings to the hood hinting that there was more "SE" underneath to make up for the lack on the outside.

Just something else to toss around regarding the plates, could be trivial or could be worth something....
The red GT had a Michigan plate but the Bullitts that I saw pulling in all had white manufacturer plates with blue lettering similar to Ontario or Cali. but I was too busy looking at other aspects to check which.
Old 9/19/07, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I think there is more to this too. Maybe they were test mules for an upgrade package on a regular GT or similar model. And then, cover the car and go into a mall with no one watching over them? Sounds strange to me................
But sadly, Ford does have an answer for the upcoming Camaro and Challenger. It's the GT500, GT500KR and subsequent Shelby models (Super Snake). Ford would rather upsell than downsell, and this model is already out and available. I still wish there was something between the GT and GT500 though.....................How about a properly outfitted Bullitt?
Old 9/19/07, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by goesfast
I think there is more to this too. Maybe they were test mules for an upgrade package on a regular GT or similar model. And then, cover the car and go into a mall with no one watching over them? Sounds strange to me................
But sadly, Ford does have an answer for the upcoming Camaro and Challenger. It's the GT500, GT500KR and subsequent Shelby models (Super Snake). Ford would rather upsell than downsell, and this model is already out and available. I still wish there was something between the GT and GT500 though.....................How about a properly outfitted Bullitt?
The thing is that the driver gave me a bit of a nod and a big smile while saying he couldn't say when I asked if that was, in fact,the new Bullitt. I wouldn't rule out him just having some fun messing with a Mustang fanatic's head, but it doesn't seem likely given what was there. Plus, is DHG offered as a paint choice for regular GT's?
Old 9/19/07, 07:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
no its not.
Old 9/19/07, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4bangstangvert
Just something else to toss around regarding the plates, could be trivial or could be worth something....
The red GT had a Michigan plate but the Bullitts that I saw pulling in all had white manufacturer plates with blue lettering similar to Ontario or Cali. but I was too busy looking at other aspects to check which.
I think these are just a different design variation on the same manufacturer plates. I saw a bunch of them on the Mustangs brought by Ford to Mustang Alley at the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Spotted!!!