2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt Spotted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/07, 07:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullitt Spotted!!!

.....Not one but at least 3, possibly a 4th

Kind of long, but worth the read (car details in second post if you don't want to hear the story about how I spotted them)....

I'm pulling into the mall last night when I notice a pair of stang taillights about 150 feet ahead of me pulling into a restaurant parking lot. Since it was dark, it looked like a black spoiler-less gt coupe with black bullitt style wheels and bigger exhaust tips. Since I don't see many modded s197 gt's around here, I figured I'd at least follow him to drive by and see what all he had done. As I catch up to him we go under a street light and I realize it's not black but dark highland green! At first, I'm thinking, "cool, somebody made their own bullitt." Now, I'm even more interested in seeing what he has done if he's gone through the trouble to paint the whole car. He finally pulls into a spot so I pull in next to him just in time for a car identical to his pull in front of me. At this point it clicked and I spotted the test equipment inside and some sort of camera or meter clipped on the window.

The driver of one of the cars put his window down and started to say, "Dave said their parked......" and then he realized I wasn't part of their convoy. So realizing that they've been spotted, they head to the other side of the parking lot where a red gt, another green gt, and two completely covered Mustangs are already parked. I pull in next to them again.

The driver of one of the green GT's get's out smiling and shaking his head at me and says," Cal Special, huh? Those blue ones are one of my favorites." My reply: "Thanks, how's it compare to that new Bullitt? That's what that is, isn't it?" The smile comes back, and he just replies,"I can't answer that, get a quick look because we have to cover her up. No pictures."

I had maybe 15 seconds to do a quick walk-around as they covered it. All but one of them went into the restaurant so I went inside the mall for a little. After a half hour, it was killing me and I had to try to sneak another peek. I snuck over and pulled up the cover on front and back driver's side corners because it was strapped or locked down in the middle while staying low enough that nobody on the other side of the car would see me and had enough time to snap a picture of each corner. I also got a front and rear end picture of the red gt that was the only car left uncovered.

Between it being dark, having to hurry, and the covers, the pictures aren't professional quality but I got enough to see what's going on. I'm going to try to contact a few magazines to see if I can maybe sell them (I don't know how that stuff works) and then I'll post them.
Old 9/18/07, 07:31 AM
V6 Member

Dark Highland Green GT Bullitt:
18" Bullitt style wheels, dark gray with polished lip
Regular GT bumpers
plain black honeycomb grill, no fog lights
Larger tips, possibly Shelby GT style axlebacks
HID headlights
Spoiler delete
Regular hood
No badges
No scoops or louvers
Old 9/18/07, 07:36 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 9/18/07, 07:46 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 9/18/07, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pumpkin...By the time you "sell" them to a magazine to publish (2 month lead) we'd have
all seen the car and read all the stats and posted all the wallpapers...

This car will be seen soon...So just post the pics to whet our appetites for a coupla weeks.

Trust me they won't pay for blurry night shots anyway
Old 9/18/07, 09:05 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Great experience...I think I can wait until they acutally come out. There's been so many encounters, and spy photos and stuff, who knows what the thing's going to look like. Its been changed so many times....
Old 9/18/07, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
So what about the hood? Vented?
Old 9/18/07, 09:19 AM
bar
GT Member

Originally Posted by 4bangstangvert
Dark Highland Green GT Bullitt:
18" Bullitt style wheels, dark gray with polished lip
Regular GT bumpers
plain black honeycomb grill, no fog lights
Larger tips, possibly Shelby GT style axlebacks
HID headlights
Spoiler delete
Regular hood
No badges
No scoops or louvers
(see above)
Old 9/18/07, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bar
(see above)
Just read it more closely...sorry! Thanks!!
Old 9/18/07, 09:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't believe it... show the pics

Old 9/18/07, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
C'mon! I wanna see it!!
Old 9/18/07, 12:17 PM
GT Member

So this was in PA?? What would they be doing in PA??
Old 9/18/07, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

oddly enough, I spotted them in Greensburg, PA not too far from where I saw a GT500 back before they came out and my Dad just spotted a camoflauged Cadillac a few weeks ago
Old 9/18/07, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

The two pictures I have of the Bullitt is about the same quality of the last one in my previous post. It's just the fact that I could only uncover the front and back corner that makes them not the greatest.
Old 9/18/07, 01:26 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Figure out what to DO with them?!?! You can't do anything with them, so you might as well post them here. In another week or two someone else will end up snapping some fully revealed shots somewhere, and then your pics won't be news anymore...and you'll be thinking, "Aw crap, beat me to it! Shoulda posted those while I had the chance!"

In other news, if the front fascia of that red one is the same as the Bullitt, all I gotta say is...

Old 9/18/07, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Figure out what to DO with them?!?! You can't do anything with them, so you might as well post them here. In another week or two someone else will end up snapping some fully revealed shots somewhere, and then your pics won't be news anymore...and you'll be thinking, "Aw crap, beat me to it! Shoulda posted those while I had the chance!"

In other news, if the front fascia of that red one is the same as the Bullitt, all I gotta say is...

Hey, there's guys that make a profession out of taking pictures like this, so I might as well give it a try. Sure seems like enough people want to see it. Plus, I'm a college kid with a car payment, I need all I can get .
Old 9/18/07, 01:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Go for it!!
Old 9/18/07, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

well were mustang lovers craving pics of the bullitt...we need all we can get so fork em over!
Old 9/18/07, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

I agree... I get the feeling that there will be absolutely nothing special about these cars at all. Except the color and probably a retardedly high price tag.
Old 9/18/07, 02:38 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think i was the first person to catch a detailed picture of a 05 convertible...and i posted it up here.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Spotted!!!