2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt Movie Remake?

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/06, 08:49 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After seeing the latest Bond movie I think Daniel Craig could be a good modern version of Lt. Frank Bullitt.

Then again, I wouldn't remake this classic in the first place
Old 11/24/06, 03:58 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Galaxie
After seeing the latest Bond movie I think Daniel Craig could be a good modern version of Lt. Frank Bullitt.

Then again, I wouldn't remake this classic in the first place
Craig would be ideal - but now that he's becoming typecast as Bond, I don't think I could see him as Frank Bullitt without thinking of Bond.

And I wouldn't remake this movie either. Not that that will stop them, of course; they're remaking EVERYTHING nowadays.
Old 11/26/06, 11:29 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTU5DRfAuI

Enjoy!
Old 11/29/06, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Months and months and months and MONTHS ago... I thought of Daniel Craig for such a role. Now, there's all the hoopla about him as Bond... but I still think he'd be "the" perfect guy for Frank Bullitt. Eyes, hair, nose, lips, facial gestures... about as close to Steve McQueen as I think anyone can get.
Old 11/29/06, 09:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight

The person would be playing Frank Bullitt not Steve Mcqueen.
I realize you have a gazillion more posts here than I do, and I mean this as nicely as possible, with no overt disrespect, but... may you burn in Hell for saying this.

Steve McQueen "IS" Frank Bullitt. Anyone playing Bullitt is actually going to be playing McQueen playing Bullitt.
Old 11/29/06, 01:40 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sniper308
I realize you have a gazillion more posts here than I do, and I mean this as nicely as possible, with no overt disrespect, but... may you burn in Hell for saying this.

Originally Posted by Sniper308
Months and months and months and MONTHS ago... I thought of Daniel Craig for such a role. Now, there's all the hoopla about him as Bond... but I still think he'd be "the" perfect guy for Frank Bullitt. Eyes, hair, nose, lips, facial gestures... about as close to Steve McQueen as I think anyone can get.
sounds like you are falling in love...
Old 11/29/06, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Falling In Love
Old 11/30/06, 09:35 PM

the latest that i have heard on the rumor mill says that a remake is highly probable, and would star Daniel Craig and Angelina Jolie. Jolie has already been spotted being photographed with a Bullitt, so... makes sense i guess...
Old 12/4/06, 07:55 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
the latest that i have heard on the rumor mill says that a remake is highly probable, and would star Daniel Craig and Angelina Jolie. Jolie has already been spotted being photographed with a Bullitt, so... makes sense i guess...
Sorry, but there's no remake in the works.
Old 12/5/06, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
"Sorry, but there's no remake in the works".

Are you moonlighting for Ford?

Old 12/5/06, 05:51 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Are you moonlighting for Ford?

No...as an entertainment journalist.
Old 12/5/06, 07:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Craig would be ideal - but now that he's becoming typecast as Bond, I don't think I could see him as Frank Bullitt without thinking of Bond.

And I wouldn't remake this movie either. Not that that will stop them, of course; they're remaking EVERYTHING nowadays.
Much the same way I could not help when watching Lord of the rings. Seeing Hugo weaving as Lord Elrond and Thinking of agent smith (The Matrix) saying "Mr baggins".
Old 12/7/06, 12:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

It'd have to be an American, IMHO.

I think Nicholas Cage is a great choice.

I agree as well that he doesn't have to look like Steve McQueen, he has to be able to act like Frank Bullitt. I wouldn't doubt them doing a remake though, after the past few years where just about every movie coming out is a remake. I just hope they don't screw it up if they do do a remake.
Old 12/7/06, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stang281
... I think Nicholas Cage is a great choice.
He is an an excellent actor but lacks driving skills. The the movie would not be taken seriously at all.
Old 12/7/06, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

He is an an excellent actor but lacks driving skills. The the movie would not be taken seriously at all.
Yeah, but it's much easier to teach someone driving skills than acting skills.

(And how do you know he can't drive? He seemed to do pretty good in Gone in 60 Seconds)
Old 12/7/06, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stang281
(And how do you know he can't drive? He seemed to do pretty good in Gone in 60 Seconds)

Not just pretty good, he was excellent! With his gestures, body language, and specially his lines... most which were accomplished in the privacy, comfort, and confinement of a motion picture studio.

Yes, Gone in 60 Seconds is a classic. If I am not mistaken it won the Academy Award for best computer imaging.

Old 12/7/06, 10:45 PM
GT Member

So Will Smiths latest is a bust as well? I don't think that any actor has driving skill with the possible exception of that punk Priestly, and he sure as hell isn't a Lt. Frank Bullitt type....I wonder if Paul Newman has anything on the go... Maybe Paul Tracy should look into the part. They could dub out his foolish words right?

They(Fauxlywood) are going to systematically plunder every little bit of American cinema heritage until blockbusters are not suitible for watching on anything but a PSP.

I pray they don't ruin this movie, but they will. There hasn't been but one new idea in twenty years, and there can only be one Sin City...
Old 12/8/06, 12:49 AM

What separates Bulliitt and Steve McQueen from many movies was not only his skills and driving but his commitment to reality and attention to detail, not sensationalism. Many consider the movie boring. I didn't, I thought the acting and actors were excellent with its theme full of messages dealing with social issues of the time, it was certainly not just about the chase. Every scene had a point and purpose which many critics missed. That's why a remake would have big shoes to fill.
Old 12/8/06, 03:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by svtdriver
Much the same way I could not help when watching Lord of the rings. Seeing Hugo weaving as Lord Elrond and Thinking of agent smith (The Matrix) saying "Mr baggins".
Old 12/8/06, 03:58 AM
Cobra Member

What about Steve McQueen's son Chad as Bullitt? He looks like his dad (or more like Mickey Rourke cross-bread with Michael Madsen ) and he can definitely drive.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Movie Remake?